Lee Aaron - Diamond baby blues

Captain Howdy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I find this album to be horrible. By far her worst ever. It's definitely a new style for her and the worst thing is she seems very comfortable and competent at it. So I guess good luck to her, if this is where she's headed. 

But if you're looking for something that sounds like her 80's/90's stuff, steer well clear of this. If, however, you're just looking for a good album with good songs... well, still steer well the fuck away from this. Awful stuff. 

I quite link this. Not going to change your world but there some catchy stuff in here. 

I've not really heard her early stuff so I'm not comparing it against that material though. 

I'm somewhat unsure what making love to a crocodile is all about. 

• My Little Pony
6 hours ago, PeterS said:

I quite link this. 

On a scale of 'chain' to 'Zelda' how much do you link it?

• My Little Pony
On 5/22/2018 at 6:50 AM, Geoff said:

I find this album to be horrible. By far her worst ever. It's definitely a new style for her and the worst thing is she seems very comfortable and competent at it. So I guess good luck to her, if this is where she's headed. 

But if you're looking for something that sounds like her 80's/90's stuff, steer well clear of this. If, however, you're just looking for a good album with good songs... well, still steer well the fuck away from this. Awful stuff. 

But, Geoff, the press release says it's her best album in decades. 

14 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

But, Geoff, the press release says it's her best album in decades. 

Sorry. My mistake. It's great. Great, um, songs n' stuff. 

On 5/22/2018 at 2:50 PM, Geoff said:

I kinda disagree and agree with you on this. The disagreement is because overall it is not a terrible album and is by far not her worst (go listed to the two jazz albums and 2Preciious or whatever that band was called). And as for classic sound, she does not really have one as her sound evolved significantly over the years. She went from the rawer heavier stuff of her earliest albums to the slick radio friendly stuff like Some girls do, to a more modern "serious" album like Emotional rain. All very different.

Now where I do agree with you is that it is nowhere near close to being up there with her best and the lyrics are bloody horrible.

There were a couple of songs where I just wanted to shout at her to shut up. The lyrics actually sound at times like they were written by a 10 year old who had just formed their own band for the first time. (My babe being a particularly bad song lyrically.)

The album for me is listenable, but is not even a patch on her last one (which I know left fans divided).

I know having the word blues in the title was a giveaway she would be trying her hand at that style of music, but I did not expect the lyrics to give me the blues due to the horribleness.

• 1 month later...