AlphaMale

Forgotten Hard Rock Albums: Lion - "Dangerous Attraction"

On the way back machine this installment of forgotten hard rock CDs.

I bought this the day it came out in 1987 and I was exploding into a full on hard rock junkie. 

This one blasted through me with power and precision and remains one of my all-time favorite and memorable releases.

Here are some of my favorites:

Nice choice.  I bought this on cassette back in '88  after hearing the song Power Love and wore that tape out over the years.  I wish someone would reissue this on cd. 

Good one! Was listening to this the other day I loved their transformers Theme

Great album...classic stuff :)

I'm in the minority who prefers their second album. But this one ain't bad either. Doug Aldritch was epic.

Power Love is a bloody perfect song period. Simply stunning. In The Name of Love also crushes, hell I enjoy the entire disc. ;)

I am glad I was afforded the opportunity to nab all 3 Lion CD's about 15 years ago.

The original version of Power Love is just as good as the second variant.

Here is the original version someone tried to sync up over the official vidja.

Define "forgotten."

2 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Define "forgotten."

Hmmm..... CDs nobody ever talks about anymore. Hence..... deemed forgotten. :)

33 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Hmmm..... CDs nobody ever talks about anymore. Hence..... deemed forgotten. :)

Do people not talk about this one? It was just officially re-released. Can't wait for my copy to arrive. Lion are one of my favourites!

On 30.12.2017 at 3:31 AM, Crazysam said:

Nice choice.  I bought this on cassette back in '88  after hearing the song Power Love and wore that tape out over the years.  I wish someone would reissue this on cd. 

1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Do people not talk about this one? It was just officially re-released. Can't wait for my copy to arrive. Lion are one of my favourites!

Yep. From melodicrock.com:

20TH CENTURY MUSIC DELIVERS A TRIO OF REISSUES AND RARITIES IN TIME FOR THE HOLIDAYS

DRIVE'S 'IDEFI', ALISTAIR TERRY'S 'YONGE AT HEART' AND LION'S 'DANGEROUS ATTRACTION' ALL SEE LIMITED RELEASE

New German / American reissue label 20th Century Music is set to release three long lost and out of print titles to make anyone's upcoming holiday season better than expected.  

December 8th sees IDEFI, the material that should have made up Houston based progressive metallers DRIVE's third album, finally hit the streets in a proper release.  Working very closely with the band members and their families, IDEFI is not a reissue, rather, a celebration of singer David Earl Taylor and founder member / guitarist Rick Chavez, lives.  The album features a huge 24 page booklet, liner notes from Chris Leibundgut, heartfelt tributes to both Chavez and Taylor and the first 100 orders will also include a Rick Chavez guitar pick replica. The album is limited to 500 copies.

On December 15th, both ALISTAIR TERRY's Yonge at Heart and LION's Dangerous Attraction will be rolled out.  TERRY's Yonge at Heart (a reference to his favourite street in Toronto, Yonge Street) is a power pop / melodic rock slice of heaven and was recorded after the Pet Hate frontman's former band had called it a day.  The album features a deluxe 16 page booklet, lyrics, liner notes written by Rob Lane and is limited to 500 copies.  LION's highly sought after Dangerous Attraction is considered a hard rock masterpiece of the highest order by many fans of the genre.  The album, the band's first full length, was originally issued by Scotti Bros in 1987 and featured a reworking of their independent hit "Powerlove."  The remastered reissue also includes the "Transformers" theme song as well as a 16 page booklet, extensive liner notes detailing the band's history written by Chris Leibundgut and is limited to 500 copies.  

All three albums can be pre-ordered now from vanitymusicgroup.com/store

lion-dangerousattraction-promo.jpg

Very cool, I hadn't heard about the reissue, long overdue.  Thanks for sharing the info.  I'll be placing my order.

Holy shit! My copy finally arrived. Gonna throw it in and see how it sounds. 

On 2/23/2018 at 12:33 PM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Holy shit! My copy finally arrived. Gonna throw it in and see how it sounds. 

What was the verdict?

3 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

What was the verdict?

One of the greatest Metal releases of all time sounds amazing blasting through my car stereo!