Thundermother - new line-up

Stefan

18813572_1449434531743265_71424599802751

Thundermother are back with three new members and keeps on fighting for their music with the new single “We Fight For Rock N Roll”.

The guitarist and founder, Filippa Nässil, started Thundermother in 2009 and the band has launched two albums and played hundreds of shows since then. They’ve been on the road with artists such as Michael Monroe, W.A.S.P, D-A-D and Danko Jones and had a sold out headline tour in Europe last year.

The former line-up with Clare Cunningham, Tilda Stenqvist, Giorgia Carteri and Linda Ström was formed in 2013 and when the four members decided to leave Thundermother in the spring 2017 Filippa was determined to keep on playing with singer Guernica Mancini, bass player Sara Pettersson and drummer Emlee Johansson.

• 3 years later...

I just happened across this band as....Had never heard or them before or bothered to check them out.  I'm not overly big into female fronted stuff so that's probably why I passed on it.  Although, I do dig Halestrom so figured I'd give it a shot.

Anyways, damn....clicked on a couple videos and I'm digging what I hear.  I don't know much about this band and think they've been through some lineup changes from what I've seen.  But have been spinning some tunes today and the few tunes I've listened too are kicking some ass.  I even dig the ballad....very Halestorm-like IMO.  

Haven't even checked out the full album yet but intend to do do.  Might be a late alteration to my 2020 list.