R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer Nick Menza

Fat Freddy

Dead at 51 after an apparent heart attack while onstage with OHM. :(

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-megadeth-drummer-nick-menza-dies-at-51/

Former MEGADETH drummer Nick Menza reportedly passed away Saturday night (May 21) while performing with the band OHM: at The Baked Potato in Studio City, California. He was 51 years old.One person who was present at The Baked Potato last night told BLABBERMOUTH.NET: "It appeared to be a seizure but [Nick] stopped breathing. Two patrons took over and began CPR until EMS arrived. EMS worked on him for 25-plus minutes, including adrenaline shots, three shocks and non-stop compressions."Menza's death was confirmed in a message written by his friend Allen Hall, which was shared on Menza's official Facebook page.Allen wrote: "We lost an amazing talent and fantastic person yesterday. Nick Menza was the nicest and most sincere guy you should ever hope to meet."He would take the shirt off his back to help you if you needed it. He had a passion for artwork, not just metal music."Nick, you were taken too soon, it must have been a mistake, the world was a better place with you in it. I will miss you dearly my friend."MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine tweeted: "Tell me this isn't true. I woke at 4am to hear Nick Menza passed away on May 21 playing his drums with Ohm at the Baked Potato. #nickmenzarip."Mustaine's son, Justis, also paid tribute to Nick on Twitter, saying: "Rest in peace Nick Menza."A Facebook post from The Baked Potato stated simply: "RIP Nick Menza."Menza joined MEGADETH for the 1989 recording "Rust In Peace" and for the next nine years became associated with the band's "classic" and most profitable era.

• My Little Pony

Not too many people get to go out doing what they love, so in that regard he was fortunate. But, damn, he was way too young.

I don't know of the fella to be honest, and not to make light of the situation, but what a metal way to go out. Like Karpet says, at least he went out doing what he loves. I agree he was far too young, and may he rest in peace.

• My Little Pony

Died doing what he loved. That's the way to go.

Hopefully, we are all that lucky. I will probably be masturbating when I die, since that's doing what I love! :lol::rofl2:

Good ole Leia.