Looks like TS are sticking to their guns and are goneski...

CureTheSane

Glad I saw them in 2003 in Milwaukee. They never made it back to Australia, even though they PROMISED they would :D

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jan/25/dee-snider-twister-sister-says-band-calling-it-qui/?page=all

Glad I saw them in 2003 in Milwaukee. They never made it back to Australia, even though they PROMISED they would :D

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jan/25/dee-snider-twister-sister-says-band-calling-it-qui/?page=all

Everyone promises that...few keep the promise. JSS, John Waite, Edguy....

My brother met Jay Jay French about a year ago and he sez Jay Jay pretty much backed up everything Dee sez in this article.

If I'm not mistaken, Jay Jay is older than Dee. He's half blind and has severe hearing problems from all those years of playing in tiny clubs. Physically he simply can't do it much longer.

They were already talking about hanging it up even before A.J. passed, his death just accelerated it.

I believe it.
I think Dee is going to do his own thing for a while.

Lately he has a habit of speaking shit about his peers for press.

Latest one was ripping into the sentence Vince Neil got for Razzles death.

Of course this was a few days before We Are Twisted Fucking Sister was released.

Also recently commented on Vince's singing ability, Kiss and Tommy and Eric and makeup, and the Scorpions and Judas Priest.

One thing that shocked me was that the Milwaukee 2003 show was pretty much identical to the Melbourne 1987? show - same shtick, same rants didn't change in 25 years...

They're breaking up?! OMFG! But I absolutely loved their, uh... um... oh yeah, last thing I heard from them (or should I say him?) was 'Love is for suckers' in 198-fucking-7.

Hand to my lord and saviour jesus christ, I had no idea in the world they had reunited at any point after they broke up around 1985/1986. That's news to me as much as if you'd have said Snider was still touring as Widowmaker.

Anyway, this all means zilch to me, but I would love to see the doco. Love those things; I find them so interesting.

I believe it.

I think Dee is going to do his own thing for a while.

Lately he has a habit of speaking shit about his peers for press.

Latest one was ripping into the sentence Vince Neil got for Razzles death.

Of course this was a few days before We Are Twisted Fucking Sister was released.

Also recently commented on Vince's singing ability, Kiss and Tommy and Eric and makeup, and the Scorpions and Judas Priest.

One thing that shocked me was that the Milwaukee 2003 show was pretty much identical to the Melbourne 1987? show - same shtick, same rants didn't change in 25 years...

Did AJ put his foot through the snare drum ?

Nope, no snare drum :)

I was a huge TS fan. I still think their material is amazing..

Ironically, their best song, Heroes Are Hard To Find (basically a Dee Snider song with the band brought in at the last minute) is not really known about very well.

Best live show I've ever seen.

They haven't really been reformed as such.

They came together for a fundraiser and then played the odd show here and there - I guess pretty much for cash.

Most of these 'old' bands have nothing new to say anyway so maybe they should go quietly into the night...

I dare say that most have thought they'd already done this. ;)

They haven't really been reformed as such.

They came together for a fundraiser and then played the odd show here and there - I guess pretty much for cash.

??

Yeah, they initially reformed for a benefit show - to raise money for the families of NY firefighters and police who died on 9/11. It was supposed to be a one-shot deal but the response was so positive that they've kept a relatively brisk schedule ever since.

They've cut a couple of new records (the Still Hungry re-recordings and the Twisted Christmas holiday album), released a number of archive recordings (the Club Daze duo, various live CDs/DVDs, etc.) and they do the Euro festival circuit every year or two, with occasional gigs squeezed in elsewhere.

... I dunno, that seems pretty "reformed" to me. :D

Maybe they never went back to the annual album/world tour/album/world tour grind but most guys in their situation don't....

Hardly 'new records'

Club Daze was 1999

Still Hungry 2004 and likely done so they'd get some royalties for the songs, even though it was done under the guise of 'not being happy with the production on the original'

As far as I know they haven't really played many gigs at all. Just bigger festivals.

If a band is really reformed, then they make new music and tour.

They didn't do wither, hence, not really reforming. (to me anyway)