Full Throttle Saloon in Sturgis Burns Down

AlphaMale

http://www.kbhbradio.com/news/overnight-fire-destroys-full-throttle-saloon/article_9a402c8a-55fa-11e5-92ce-0b9e9e4118b9.html

55ee8efbb2e0c.image.jpg?resize=300%2C200

55ee8f3fb8004.image.jpg?resize=300%2C200

Overnight fire destroys Full Throttle Saloon

Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2015 1:24 am | Updated: 3:32 pm, Tue Sep 8, 2015.

Gary Matthews | 32 comments

STURGIS, S.D. - Fire crews have spent a good portion of Tuesday mopping up from a massive fire that destroyed the Full Throttle Saloon east of Sturgis.
All that remains is smoldering rubble of the building that became engulfed in flames just after 12:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Crews from the Sturgis Volunteer Fire Department were among the first to respond and find smoke coming from the roof of the structure. A passer-by reportedly informed the clerk at the Kickstart Convenience Store across the highway of smoke coming from the building.

Sturgis Assistant Fire Chief Shawn Barrows says crews tried to get inside but heat and smoke forced firefighters to battle the blaze from the outside in heavy winds. Crews worked diligently to keep the fire from spreading to nearby structures – including the convenience store across the highway. The building was completely on the ground by 3 a.m.

Barrows says there were no injuries. That includes the bar’s mascot – a donkey named Emmitt, who was rescued from the blaze.

Fire crews called in tenders from Piedmont, Vale, Newell, Whitewood and Fort Meade because of the lack of water on site.

Flames were intense at the height of the fire, forcing fire crews to temporarily close Highway 34 in front of the burning structure.

The bar, owned by Michael Ballard, featured such amenities as zip lines, musical stages and rental cabins. It was the subject of a television reality series, although there have been no new episodes since 2013.

It’s not known if Ballard will rebuild, and if so, if it will be in the same location. His Full Throttle Saloon has been in its present location since 1999.

Ballard has also started a liquor business he’s been working to make famous. A distillery on the property was destroyed by the fire.

The cause of the fire remains under investigation.

Was Great White in town??

....too soon? :unsure:

• My Little Pony

He did not!

... just go there.

:lol:

He did not!

... just go there.

:lol:

:blahblah2:

What's happened here?

Of course they were, Headlining for Jackyl, one cannot be outdone by anyone, but Jack Russel, sorry Jessee, until you top the pyrotechnics Great White presented to their fans(good or bad)you'll always play second fiddle! am I right?

Of course they were, Headlining for Jackyl, one cannot be outdone by anyone, but Jack Russel, sorry Jessee, until you top the pyrotechnics Great White presented to their fans(good or bad)you'll always play second fiddle! am I right?

Or second chainsaw...

how ignorant of me, yes of course, second chainsaw, Still(preferably)

Fat Freddy I think knows that I am a local to Sturgis, well, the area anyway. M. Ballard has a very bad local reputation around here in business dealings. it has been the top topic of conversation anywhere here that he wanted out, and didn't want to take it in the shorts getting less than he put into it, and had an "accident". He will take whatever insurance he can collect, I don't see him getting the whole 10 million, and bugging back out to his distillery. My personal prediction is that he will sell the land or whatever is left to Rod Woodruff, the man that owns the Buffalo Chip. all's anyone here cared about is that Emitt the mule was safe. my 002.

Fat Freddy I think knows that I am a local to Sturgis, well, the area anyway. M. Ballard has a very bad local reputation around here in business dealings. it has been the top topic of conversation anywhere here that he wanted out, and didn't want to take it in the shorts getting less than he put into it, and had an "accident". He will take whatever insurance he can collect, I don't see him getting the whole 10 million, and bugging back out to his distillery. My personal prediction is that he will sell the land or whatever is left to Rod Woodruff, the man that owns the Buffalo Chip. all's anyone here cared about is that Emitt the mule was safe. my 002.

Interestingly enough my very first thought upon seeing this thread and knowing nothing about the Saloon, the owner, etc.. was the potential of foul play.

That TV show sure didnt shine a positive light on him that is for fuck sure, thats pretty bad when you have your own show, all the production and engineering go into it towards pumping you up by the shorts, and they(the entire production crew)and all the editing on the planet, cant even make you seem like a good, positive person, kind of fucked up, but what do I know? absolutely fucking nothing! thats what.