FORTUNE 30th anniversary.......new album

Guest asylum

Guest asylum

just read a posting from roger scott craig where he told that a new FORTUNE album is possible in original line-up.

this will be happen this year,all new songs.the 2nd output after 30 years.

this would be amazing...their s/t lp is a AOR masterpiece.

Thought all Harlan Cage are terribly average ?

You thought correct. I only bothered to keep 'Forbidden Colours' and 'Temple of Tears' in my collection and both score a 70% flat. As for the Fortune album, I gave it a 74% and although it's nice, I never understood the over-rating of it.

Their hugest flaw, through the Fortune, Harlan Cage and 101 South albums, is that there is no variety of song and it's basically the same song / hook / melody written over and over again over all those albums. And I can assure you that if there is a new album it'll have the same songs you've already heard...

You thought correct. I only bothered to keep 'Forbidden Colours' and 'Temple of Tears' in my collection and both score a 70% flat. As for the Fortune album, I gave it a 74% and although it's nice, I never understood the over-rating of it.

Their hugest flaw, through the Fortune, Harlan Cage and 101 South albums, is that there is no variety of song and it's basically the same song / hook / melody written over and over again over all those albums. And I can assure you that if there is a new album it'll have the same songs you've already heard...

The first 2 101 South releases are the best of the lot...the rest are average ....

:omg:

"Forbidden Colors" is awesome!

:omg:

"Forbidden Colors" is awesome!

I did actually have fond memories of some tracks on it too, but when I played and rated it recently it was a bit of a struggle at times. Didn't age well a bit.

Fortune is in my all tim

Next you'll write it's "cheesy" and "typical 80's" -_- (just raising here the already great amount of vagueness associated with these terms).

I disagree with both the premise ( although naturally there are similarities in the vocal melodies and some choruses) and the conclusion of your argument (because it's ambivalent).

I have this album in my all time favorite top 10, although I must admit that it faces strong challenges from some of the newest releases- I just have to wait for them to mature like a Rioja Gran Reserva wine from my cellar.

Guest asylum

@ geoff.....lol you are funny....all fortune songs sounds same? same hook? same melody-structure.....lol

just have to ask ..you play guitar or keyboards?.....no...? ok thought that.please dont understand me wrong but it

seems you musical comprehension is very low.hey its ac/dc who sell us for 40 years the same hook ..but really not fortune

which every song stands for its own...in fact:you will not find 1 song that sounds nearly simular to another.

btw, for sure harlan cage best songs sounds a bit like fortune,because the 2 songwriters larry and scott worked together.

we all know....that a really good musician has his own style,tone,thats the reason why we recognize this artists in a few seconds.

cheers

@ geoff.....lol you are funny....all fortune songs sounds same? same hook? same melody-structure.....lol

just have to ask ..you play guitar or keyboards?.....no...? ok thought that.please dont understand me wrong but it

seems you musical comprehension is very low.hey its ac/dc who sell us for 40 years the same hook ..but really not fortune

which every song stands for its own...in fact:you will not find 1 song that sounds nearly simular to another.

btw, for sure harlan cage best songs sounds a bit like fortune,because the 2 songwriters larry and scott worked together.

we all know....that a really good musician has his own style,tone,thats the reason why we recognize this artists in a few seconds.

cheers

Yep, sorry. You're a musician and definitely right. Sorry, I forgot how stupid I am. Sorry man. Give me your account details and I'll send you all my money and commit suicide. Jeez you're good at being right. When did you stop giving opinions and decide you'd only ever speak in fact? I worship you.

Can you believe that RSC just emailed me and asked me to plug this? WTF?

Here's my reply to him:

Roger - below is the last message I received from you some years ago.
So please familiarize yourself with the way you insulted me and everything I ever did for you.
And then understand why I will decline your request to plug your new project.
--------

SUPPORT MUSICIANS' IS GOING TO BE A VERY IMPORTANT PROJECT MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN ROGER SCOTT CRAIG AND STUPID 101 SOUTH

95% STOLEN MUSIC IS NOT COOL AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE ANDREW TO ADDRESS THIS RIDICULOUS MESS??

AND DO YOU CARE ANDREW ABOUT 95% STOLEN MUSIC????

AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING????

NOTHING PROBABLY LIKE SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE!!

WAKE UP PAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO SOMETHING, SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT!!!

I LOOK TO MY FRIENDS AT THIS POINT IN TIME AND YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING

SOME FRIEND OF THE MUSICAL COMMUNITY.............................

BUT TWO CEOS OF THE BEATLES DO CARE AND THEY ARE DOING SOMETHING

AND NOW THE AFM AS WELL WITH 100,000 MEMBERS AND WE WILL NOT SIT AROUND AND LET THIS CONTINUED THEFT OF MUSIC GO ON

WE DO CARE ABOUT FUTURE GENERATIONS OF MUSICIANS!!

DO YOU????????????????????????????????????????????????

• 1 year later...