The Jaded Heart discography

Geoff

Been listening to these guy over the past two days and I've ranked their albums from best to worst. For those interested, here are the results:

1. IV - 1999 - 86
2. Helluva Time - 2005 - 86
3. Trust - 2004 - 84
4. Inside Out - 1994 - 83
5. Mystery Eyes - 1998 - 81
6. The Journey Will Never End - 2002 - 80
7. Slaves & Masters - 1996 - 80
8. Sinister Mind - 2007 - 76
9. Fight The System - 2014 - 74
10. Common Destiny - 2012 - 73
11. Perfect Insanity - 2009 - 73
A very strong discography. Biggest surprise was just how good 'Helluva Time' is.
Out of curiosity, I was wondering how their discography rated compared to other bands with similarly large discographies. Here were some sneaky average scores from what I've rated so far. I will look much further into this at the end when I've rated everything:
1. Harem Scarem (12 albums) - 82%
2. Bon Jovi (12 albums) - 81%
3. Jaded Heart (9 albums) - 80%
4. House Of Lords (10 albums) - 77%
5. Bonfire (13 albums) - 74%
6. Great White (11 albums) - 74%
7. Dokken (10 albums) - 72%
8. Gotthard (11 albums) - 71%
9. Dirty Looks (15 albums) - 71%

Journey is their best album in my opinion but you can't go wrong with anything Bormann sang on. I am not a fan of the other singer(s)? at all.

Have you heard 'Helluva Time' properly? I can appreciate the other albums have kind of dipped, but holy shit that album is so strong. Shame they couldn't have maintained that level or the 2nd half of their discography could have competed well with the Bormann years.

But yeah, as a whole, Bormann years were no doubt their best.

It's funny, because, as per the above, that was actually one of the lower rated Bormann ones. Some consistently great songs on a strong, solid disc, but none that really stood out amazingly, as all their other albums have.

Journey and Trust are my to favorite albums as a whole from them.

Great band, have been a fan since the late 90s. My top five would be the same as yours Geoff though in a slightly different order. Will have to relisten though Trust would be #1. Agreed Journey is a good album too. What's interesting to me about seeing your ratings is that there really isn't too much between their best and worst album which shows what a strong and consistent band they really are. I really like the idea of averaging the rating for a band based on all their album ratings...that would be interesting to see- the problem with this would be that one or two albums which are clunkers could destroy a bands rating.

Journey tops it for me too. Closely followed by IV, Trust, Mystery Eyes, Helluva Time and then everything else. I should probably give HT another listen though because while I remember liking it a lot I haven't spun it in a very long time.

I have all their CDs up to the first with the new singer. I do like the band and really rank Bormann but I sort of force myself to put them on, weird. Always enjoy them tho.

Funny thing is I crave gotthard every couple of weeks.

Great post, will give them a good listen again.

Journey is their best album in my opinion but you can't go wrong with anything Bormann sang on. I am not a fan of the other singer(s)? at all.

Have you heard 'Helluva Time' properly? I can appreciate the other albums have kind of dipped, but holy shit that album is so strong. Shame they couldn't have maintained that level or the 2nd half of their discography could have competed well with the Bormann years.

I will give it another spin, that's fair. I just don't like the vocals since Bormann left.

Journey is their best album in my opinion

Agreed. Without going back and re-listening to the whole kit and kaboodle, The Journey Will Never End is the album that is most memorable for me.

Big Def Lep-ish type background vocals on it. Not much filler at all.

I have all their CDs up to the first with the new singer. I do like the band and really rank Bormann but I sort of force myself to put them on, weird. Always enjoy them tho.

I can relate to your post. Jaded Heart is something that, no matter how good an album is, don't make me want to rush out to play their album :D

I can relate to your post. Jaded Heart is something that, no matter how good an album is, don't make me want to rush out to play their album :D

Following the few (very good) songs that Geoff posted I investigated a bit further on Spotify last night.

I was right in what I said in that a high % of their songs are medium paced.....not a bad thing at all of course, and also a lot of them are damned long too!! Many many songs way over 5 mins long which does tend to grind after a while.

Why cant they just keep them to 4 mins??

I will give it another spin, that's fair. I just don't like the vocals since Bormann left.

Yeah, the "new guy" definitely has that kind of generic modern hard rock / metal kind of voice... kind of like when Readman joined PC69. I actually thought Deris was a pretty terrible singer, but he had a lot of character and there was no mistaking him. Same with Jaded Heart - Bormann is distinctly Bormann and whether you like him or not, he has an extremely distinct and unique to himself sound. The new dude just sounds so standard and run of the mill.