Ironic songs

Jacob M.

I've always found the song All New Generation by Tuff to be ironic. Not only is the song terrible enough to single handedly kill the genre it's about how that style of music was here to stay. Couldn't have been worse timing. Another song I find ironic is Hollywood Boys by Play Rough. The song is making fun of hicks for not understanding glam. They say "We'll see who gets the last laugh." Excellent song, but unfortunately I think the hicks did as that was 92'. They might have been flying high at that moment, but not for long.

There are a lot of songs I've heard recently about bands who are going to make it to the top and never give up, and that was from their last album before they faded into obscurity. Hard to remember them off the top of my heard, though.

Oh, one was Dirty Penny. 'Scream and shout' is basically entirely about how huge they are (?) and will be. What on earth happened to them? Shame, as they were a killer band. Awesome video too:

There are a lot of songs I've heard recently about bands who are going to make it to the top and never give up, and that was from their last album before they faded into obscurity. Hard to remember them off the top of my heard, though.

Oh, one was Dirty Penny. 'Scream and shout' is basically entirely about how huge they are (?) and will be. What on earth happened to them? Shame, as they were a killer band. Awesome video too:

That is awesome!. Never heard of them.

That is awesome!. Never heard of them.

Oh, you should definitely get both their albums. They were very cool. Just read some wikipedia stuff and "were" is definitely the right word. Looks like they're long gone. Interesting bit of info (to me, anyway), is that their bass player actually joined James Durbin's touring band in 2011/2012. I am not sure if he's still part of the band...?

The Dirty Penny song is a good example. I was fortunate enough to see them when they exploded on the scene. They won the JPot music contest at the first Rocklahoma. After their performance on the main stage they immediately had a sizeable following. Take It Sleezy came out right around the time of the first Rocklahoma. I got a signed cd and pic with the band.

CrashDiet's "Out Of Line"

with this lyric:

"ooh I love the taste of cyanide

ooh how I love to feel it burn inside

I'm on the hour and I've been there for a long time

but somehow I feel like I'm fading out of line"

And then singer Dave Lepard commits suicide.

http://youtu.be/SFBjxNWUAcE

• My Little Pony

There are a bunch of songs I've heard that would fall into the "We're here to stay, but then didn't" category, but I can't recall which ones now. This is a cool thread, and I'll have to post 'em when I hear 'em.

Wildside-Monkey See,Monkey Do

A song about doing whats regarded as successful and becoming just another in a line of copy cat acts...ironic because after the fantastic Under The Influence cd they went all grunge(and crap may I add) just like soooo many bands of the time to try and stay hip.