Gun - Frantic

PeterS

Just got this the other day, so in the pile of stuff to play. Great band they are too, apart from that '0141...' piece of crap spoiling a very fine discography.

If that don't have the dude off TOTW, Gallus and Swagger singing, I dont want nuthin to do with them, everyone on here tried to sell me a bill of goods on that last album they dropped, telling me how good it was, and despite the fact it was a different singer it propped Gun up and made them better, and it was improving on the band, this that and the other, so I order that fucker, and it BLEW!! it wasnt good, the new singer sucked, so If this had been released as some different named band, hell it might have been alright, but I want to hear, GUN! and unfortunately, they just happen to have one of those very unique sounding singers who for better or worse, basically make Gun, so who sings on this new Gun disc, btw the Gun I just ranted about was called Break The Silence or some shit like that.

I recall the last album being pretty good, despite my disappointment that the original singer was no longer part of the band. I'm hoping to get this in my ears asap.

I recall the last album being pretty good, despite my disappointment that the original singer was no longer part of the band. I'm hoping to get this in my ears asap.

I quite like it...It's quite Poppy and commercial in places, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. My fave tracks so far are 'Our Time' 'Frantic' ' Serephina' and 'Never Knew What I Had'. but it's all generally good, unless you keep harking on about the old line up in which case you probably won't like it

Toby Jepson (former Little Angels and Fastway singer) fronted the band after Mark Rankin left ... I think this new one has Dante Gizzi singing (he was originally their bass player) ... I saw them when they were touring 'Swagger', and they were BRILLIANT ...

You can hear his voice on backing vocals on the first few albums. He's too whiny for my tastes.

It's funny you say whiny as a couple of times on the disc I thought he sounded a bit like the nasaly side of Axl Rose's voice.

Heard it today and I was on the verge of ending it. The first 3 songs are terrible and I'd basically given up on the album. I skipped the rest of the 3rd song because it was too shit to sit through, and then looked through the folders on my USB stick to see what I should play next. Anyway, lucky for this album, as I was doing this the 4th song actually caught my attention. And strangely enough, the next 7 songs were actually all pretty cool. Doesn't sound a thing like the Gun who released those first 3 great albums, but this one has a few cool tunes.

so what's the score for that ?

Holy shit mate, just heard it yesterday! :lol:

No idea yet. I assume it'll hover around the mid to late 60% area. Don't think it'll crack the 70% mark as the first 3 songs will bring down the rating a lot, and there's nothing really excellent on here. Just nice solid kind of 7/10 tunes.

oh my, i think i'll save my ears for somethin else :D

I did put an initial rating on it today and it was basically 60% on the dot. The 2nd and 3rd songs are absolute abominations and basically destroy any chance the album has of a "pass mark" for me, which is 70%. The rest is okay, but not really that great.

• 4 months later...

ArticleSharedImage-44429.jpg

Track list (Deluxe Edition):

Disc One: Frantic

1. Let It Shine
2. Labour Of Life
3. Beautiful Smile
4. One Wrong Turn
5. Our Time
6. Frantic
7. Hold Your Head Up
8. Big City
9. Seraphina
10. Never Knew What I Had

Disc Two: Live At King Tuts

1. Don’t Say It’s Over
2. Better Days
3. Real World
4. Higher Ground
5. Taking On The World
6. Labour of Life
7. Inside Out
8. Word Up
9. Steal Your Fire
10. Shame On You

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Trying to figure this one out made me really crabby! I just wanted to yell!       
    • idk guys, I think you can only polish a turd so much. It's definitely a great attempt and as whiplash1972 says, there have been a lot of such projects since, what, 2007ish? But IMO St. Anger has never been a bad album only because of the snare drum, or the lack of guitar solos, or the long songs. It's a bad album because it's an album full of bad songs. Metallica is supposed to be badass! This is not that! Listen to Invisible Kid or Purify and tell me what's even a little cool about those songs. The whole thing is just so whiny and cringey, definitely a product of its era which was the worst for metal as a genre.
    • Didn’t realise Def Leppard were a synthwave band, ‘cause these guys sound like ‘Hysteria’ era Def Leppard more than anything else I can think of. 😉 I was wondering the other day how many people miss out on good music because it is not under a label they desire. Very sad. 
    • Cold Blooded Bitch - Crown of Thorns
    • Don't forget there is a time different time zone from Australia to America.
    • Madison Talk of the Town Masquerade Roulette Might be missing.  
    • Nuff said. It's comments like these that are so helpful. Saved me 30 seconds clicking a YouTube like 😀
    • From Lions Pride Music: In the vibrant era of late ’80s and early ’90s, when Hard Rock ruled the charts and iconic bands were born in the lively streets of L.A., a lesser-known yet equally formidable force emerged from the heart of Germany – Wiesbaden to be precise. It was in this cultural backdrop that five talented musicians converged, forming a band that would redefine Melodic Hard Rock. Thus, SHEELA was born. Their creative hub was a basement rehearsal space in an old street house, which would later evolve into Markus Teske’s legendary BAZEMENT Studio. This studio would become the birthplace of several successful albums for bands like U.D.O., Vanden Plas, Dominci, The New Roses, and more. In 1995, SHEELA released their debut album, ”BURNED DOWN,” meticulously crafted and recorded at the BAZEMENT Studio. The album, showcasing a blend of powerful vocals, compelling guitar lines, and intricate arrangements, achieved instant success in Japan. Renowned magazines like BURRN and ROCK HARD recognized their potential, with the former awarding the album 87 points. ”BURNED DOWN” opens with the captivating ”LONG TIME,” a track featuring a memorable guitar line in the chorus. The album progresses through the anthemic ”READY” and the soulful ”HOLDIN’ ON,” leaving an indelible mark on the Hard Rock scene of the time. The success of the album paved the way for a tour and, later in 1995, personnel changes in the band. In the vibrant era of late ’80s and early ’90s, when Hard Rock ruled the charts and iconic bands were born in the lively streets of L.A., a lesser-known yet equally formidable force emerged from the heart of Germany – Wiesbaden to be precise. It was in this cultural backdrop that five talented musicians converged, forming a band that would redefine Melodic Hard Rock. Thus, SHEELA was born. Their creative hub was a basement rehearsal space in an old street house, which would later evolve into Markus Teske’s legendary BAZEMENT Studio. This studio would become the birthplace of several successful albums for bands like U.D.O., Vanden Plas, Dominci, The New Roses, and more. In 1995, SHEELA released their debut album, ”BURNED DOWN,” meticulously crafted and recorded at the BAZEMENT Studio. The album, showcasing a blend of powerful vocals, compelling guitar lines, and intricate arrangements, achieved instant success in Japan. Renowned magazines like BURRN and ROCK HARD recognized their potential, with the former awarding the album 87 points. ”BURNED DOWN” opens with the captivating ”LONG TIME,” a track featuring a memorable guitar line in the chorus. The album progresses through the anthemic ”READY” and the soulful ”HOLDIN’ ON,” leaving an indelible mark on the Hard Rock scene of the time. The success of the album paved the way for a tour and, later in 1995, personnel changes in the band. Their second album, ”CHANGES,” dropped in 1997, again making waves in Japan before conquering European audiences during a tour with Canadian superstars SAGA. In the subsequent years, SHEELA shared stages with legendary acts like FATES WARNING, won the KARLSBERG CHALLENGE, and made a mark in the USA by performing at the STURGIS RALLY alongside bands like STYX and REO SPEEDWAGON. The journey continued with their third album, ”STRAIGHT HEARTED ONES” (2001), featuring guest musician Michael Sadler of SAGA. SHEELA toured extensively, opening for heavyweights like NAZARETH, MANFRED MAN, POISON, and even sharing the stage with Germany’s most successful Rockband – THE SCORPIONS. However, like any great rock story, SHEELA encountered lineup changes, and in 2002, Markus Teske bid farewell, leaving Christian Moser as the sole remaining member of the original lineup. Despite the changes, SHEELA’s impact endured, with discussions and online buzz surrounding their music even in 2018. Described as ”One of Germany’s secrets,” the timeless classics ”LONG TIME” and ”BURNED DOWN” continue to resonate with fans, prompting a resurgence in interest. In 2023, SHEELA signed a landmark deal with Lions Pride Music, a renowned record label based in Denmark. This collaboration brought forth a reissue of their debut album ”Burned Down,” remixed, remastered, and adorned with a new artwork. This worldwide release on CD and Digital platforms reintroduced the timeless magic of SHEELA to a global audience, reaffirming their status as pioneers of Melodic Hard Rock. SHEELA’s journey, marked by musical evolution, international recognition, and an enduring legacy, is a testament to the band’s commitment to creating timeless Hard Rock that transcends eras. As we look back at the album that started it all, ”BURNED DOWN,” SHEELA’s legacy lives on, leaving an indelible mark on the history of German rock. Sheela is: Wolfgang Ilsy Terne – Lead Vocals & Guitars Christian Moser – Guitars & Backing Vocals Markus Teske – Keyboards & Backing Vocals Tony Spagone – Bass & Backing Vocals Jojo Nimtz – Drums & Backing Vocals Special Guests: Patricia Loesch – Backing Vocals Martin Hofmann – Backing Vocals Robert Henrich – Harp Stefan Djokic – Slide Guitar Recorded in 1995 @ Bazement Studios, Wiesbaden, Germany 1995. Re-Mixed & Re-Mastered by Markus Teske @ Bazement Studios 2023 Produced by Sheela Chris Siloma : Chris Siloma Executive Producer: Carsten Nielsen        

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.