Bonfire - Point Blank

Leykis101

For Whatever reason, this was the only Bonfire disc that I ignored, well I just got it, and I gotta say, I have been singing Break Down The Door nonstep since I heard it, what a killer commercial, and catchy song, I love it, cant believe it was never huge, the rest of the disc is much like it, just not as catchy, good disc, WHY THE FUCK DIDNT YOU GUYS TELL ME ABOUT THIS DISC?? You guys are slippen!!

Go easy guys, I think you're being ''much too hard on him'' ;-) gotta re-visit this one as I was a little disappointed because as an album it looked very promising (everything was pointing to a great album, released in 1989, flashy new guitar player, good video for ''hard on me'' - typically 80s) and then it just didn't deliver like I was hoping. Will spin this again tonight......

Go easy guys, I think you're being ''much too hard on him'' ;-) gotta re-visit this one as I was a little disappointed because as an album it looked very promising (everything was pointing to a great album, released in 1989, flashy new guitar player, good video for ''hard on me'' - typically 80s) and then it just didn't deliver like I was hoping. Will spin this again tonight......

Really?

One or 2 slightly weaker tracks, but you have at least 10+ gems on this.

For Whatever reason, this was the only Bonfire disc that I ignored, well I just got it, and I gotta say, I have been singing Break Down The Door nonstep since I heard it, what a killer commercial, and catchy song, I love it, cant believe it was never huge, the rest of the disc is much like it, just not as catchy, good disc, WHY THE FUCK DIDNT YOU GUYS TELL ME ABOUT THIS DISC?? You guys are slippen!!

I saw them on this tour as well and they played 'Bang Down The Door' twice lol. First and last time I have ever seen a band play a song twice.

Really?

One or 2 slightly weaker tracks, but you have at least 10+ gems on this.

That's sort of weird too, I was like 17 tracks, what??? I'll definitely listen to it again beginning to end

Anyone who isn't aware of how good this album is hates everyone on this forum and hates their opinions and hates listening to anything anyone has to say. And they never read any of their posts, ever.

It is arguably in the the list of top 10 most essential hard rock albums from the 80's.

Hahaha ok I get it... Btw you guys feel the same about if there's an amazing, essential record you've known for years and absolutely love and then you tell somebody about it who's never heard it. And you kind of envy them for never listening to it and being introduced to the greatness of the album? This seems to be one of those, I'll have to do some catching up

Hahaha ok I get it... Btw you guys feel the same about if there's an amazing, essential record you've known for years and absolutely love and then you tell somebody about it who's never heard it. And you kind of envy them for never listening to it and being introduced to the greatness of the album? This seems to be one of those, I'll have to do some catching up

Nah mate, don't envy that at all. I got on board late on this one too, but it's still been a long time it's been in my life. Maybe since the late 90's? The joy this album has brought me through the years is priceless. ;)

Simple fact is, there's plenty of excellent new albums released every year that deserve heavy attention in their year of release too.

See, I have had this disc since probably 1995, it never got opened, like seriously, it was still in the plastic packaging it came in, I bought it, like so many of my cd's from the time period in my life, and it just got stuck in with the unopened discs, when my entire cd collection was jacked in 2001, oddly, the room where I keep all the unopened cd's was never touched, its a completely different room, so this disc, it has even survived a burglary, and still never got listened to, until last week, when I was fucking bored, and sick of having so many unopened discs, I decided to listen to all of them, before I sold them, well I got to Bonfire, or the B section, and after this disc, I lost interest in what I was doing, and just started jamming this disc, over and over again, now my erections kind of dying off from it, thank god, superb disc, sorry I thought it was gonna blow, and never listened to it earlier.

So why did you buy all these discs if you never bothered to open them? And I'm a busy dude, dude, but how did you not have the time or desire to at least try these discs out? Sounds very puzzling to me, wild child.

See, I have had this disc since probably 1995, it never got opened, like seriously, it was still in the plastic packaging it came in, I bought it, like so many of my cd's from the time period in my life, and it just got stuck in with the unopened discs, when my entire cd collection was jacked in 2001, oddly, the room where I keep all the unopened cd's was never touched, its a completely different room, so this disc, it has even survived a burglary, and still never got listened to, until last week, when I was fucking bored, and sick of having so many unopened discs, I decided to listen to all of them, before I sold them, well I got to Bonfire, or the B section, and after this disc, I lost interest in what I was doing, and just started jamming this disc, over and over again, now my erections kind of dying off from it, thank god, superb disc, sorry I thought it was gonna blow, and never listened to it earlier.

I think I know what you mean man ?....actually I'm really puzzled....so you first opened and listened to Point Blank last week and you thought it was superb, but you're sick of it already? Now how many discs are inside your cavern of unopened CDs?

BTW I think it's a great album, one of their best.

Anyone who isn't aware of how good this album is hates everyone on this forum and hates their opinions and hates listening to anything anyone has to say. And they never read any of their posts, ever.

It is arguably in the the list of top 10 most essential hard rock albums from the 80's.

Yep, only Fireworks and Knock Out are better ;)

It's great musically, but the vocals are kind of boring to be honest. Can't help but think how this would have turned out if someone else was singing these songs..... like David Reece for example :D

Jokes aside, I know he's the original singer and all, and it doesn't sound bad but could have been better. Singers hardly ever bother me I just get used to them but here it does. I do like the choruses with gang vocals, those sound nice

Well JC, and Geoff, I was a DJ at a highly popular rock station, well an intern, 95 was when I was gratuating from high school, deciding if I was going to continue schooling, plus bands would literally just give me stacks of cd's at their concerts knowing I was with this radio station, thinking I would pass them on, so from about 95 to 98 I had so much going on I would still buy cd's, not to mention I was also working in a record shop, that sometimes I'd get overwhelmed, sometimes i'd still order discs, but when they got to my house i'd be so busy i'd just throw them aside, they seriously stacked up, im not bullshitting, then I went through my incarceration, during that time my house was robbed, almost every disc I had was taken, that took the wind out of my sails, I didnt even want to look at cds for a long time, then I met my daughters mom(whore) and was involved in only her, I wasnt going to openly admit that it had been sitting in my collection all this time, cause it is a little embarrassing, and yeah my hard on for it is starting to wear off, for christ sakes it's only been playing during everything I do, I put it on my ipod, so when im lifting I jam it, but I knew how much shit id take from you jerk offs once I admitted that I had it and had just never listened to it, kind of like when I discovered On Target by Bangaloir Choir!! RIGHT SIMO :racing: