Maverick - Quid Pro Quo

Stefan

p18p6va44h1k4i1cob1juj12231ha45.jpg

Debut album out November 28th.

From sleazeroxx.com:

Maverick have released a video for "Paint By Numbers", the first single from their upcoming full-length debut 'Quid Pro Quo'.

The Belfast, Ireland based band was formed in the summer of 2012 with the aim of writing music the way they wanted to hear it, combining elements from Skid Row, Van Halen, Whitesnake and Judas Priest. A year ago they released an EP entitled 'Talk's Cheap' which Sleaze Roxx praised by saying, " Talk is indeed cheap, which is why Maverick have lived up to the old adage of 'let the music do the talking'. They may not be breaking new ground on this five-song EP, but when the songs contain this much energy and attitude who cares? I know people often bitch that today's music is completely forgettable, but with a little searching you can uncover gems such as Maverick and relive hard rock's glory days. Now get off your ass and buy this EP because the word 'cheap' doesn't only apply to the album's title as Maverick are offering it for a very reasonable price -- and I'm hoping with enough interest we can squeeze a full-length out of these guys."

Maverick have already played with bands such as Love/Hate, Faster Pussycat, Tigertailz, members of Cinderella and White Lion. They recently finished the recordings of their upcoming debut album 'Quid Pro Quo', which is set to be released on November 28th via Massacre Records. The band currently consists of vocalist David Balfour, guitarist Ryan Sebastian Balfour, bassist Richie Diver, drummer Mike Ross and the latest addition, guitarist Ric Cardwell.

https://www.facebook.com/MaverickBelfastuk

Maverick-Quid-Pro-Quo-300x300.jpg

Tracks:

01. Event Horizon
02. Snakeskin Sinner
03. Paint By Numbers
04. Got It Bad
05. In Our Blood
06. One More Day (Quid Pro Quo)
07. Electric
08. Rock 'N' Roll Lady
09. Shackled
10. Last Addiction
12. Took The Night

Tracks from the 'Talks Cheap' EP:
(Get your copy here, on sale: http://maverickshop.bigcartel.com/product/maverick-talk-s-cheap-ep)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Great disc.

Yes, it is. A true, real surprise for me. I looked over the albums I haven't had time to rate yet, wondering who was still relevant, and only this one and Harem Scarem were left, I think. It's a good one.

• 1 month later...

Great disc, awful cover!

Yep, I agree with that. It is a very, very good pure hard rock disc. But that is a truly awful cover.

• 6 months later...