Alien - Eternity

Stefan

From What I've heard it should be really good, looking forward to this.

Original line-up? Wow, that's exciting. Dudes have not aged well, but hopefully the music is good. To be honest, after the debut, only 'Shiftin' Gear' lived up to the band's name, even if it sounded like an entirely new band. Hoping for something as strong as their debut, or close.

When I heard that 'mystery artist' over at melrock I was kinda meh.......so was a tad disappointed to hear it was the new Alien.

Pretty good, but hoping for a lot better on the full album.

The new album is called 'Eternity'.

alien-cover-web.JPG

Tracklist:

1. In Love We Trust

2. Unbroke

3. Love Will Lead Me Home

4. I Believe

5. Summer Of Love

6. What Goes Up

7. I'm A Fighter

8. Wildheart

9. Liar, Liar

10. Look At Us Know

11. Burning Heart

12. In Truth

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just listened to 'In love we trust' and it sounds pretty good. WIll hopefully give this thing a spin tomorrow and I'll hope for a nice surprise.

Heard this today and it's pretty good. This isn't saying much, as the albums since have been pretty poor, but it's definitely the best album Alien have recorded since 'Shiftin' Gear.'

They sound so much better musically and as a unit; much better than they have since their early days. It's kind of admirable that Borg kept the band and the name alive for so long, but I feel they really lost their way along the way.

'Dark Eyes' was a promising return with Jidhed back on the mic, and I'll be honest - there are no songs on here as good as 'Oh Sarah' or 'Sherylee' - but overall, the album was patchy. The new disc is much more consistent, if not a little safe and polite. Good solid stuff.

Love it, and based on two spins, I gave it a solid 85% and probably will be around that until the end of year, and looks like gonna steal a spot in my top 20, or even top 10

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

wonder what Jez and the boys think of this, first few spins, good but not great, really grows on ya, great!!!

It's a rock solid album, with some great songs. As you say, nothing earth shattering, but one of the better releases this year for sure