Hate to ask but please help if you can

AlphaMale

I'm sorry to hear of this man...times are bad right now. Praying things start looking up for you very soon my friend.

Thank a lot dude! I am praying everyday that things will get better. Having to sell everything to keep the lights on sucks. Laptop and smartphone are gone. This desktop won't be far behind if things don't change soon. I'd hate to move into the homeless shelter. :(

I'm sorry to hear of this man...times are bad right now. Praying things start looking up for you very soon my friend.

Thank a lot dude! I am praying everyday that things will get better. Having to sell everything to keep the lights on sucks. Laptop and smartphone are gone. This desktop won't be far behind if things don't change soon. I'd hate to move into the homeless shelter. :(

I don't mean to get personal but was it job stuff? Any leads yet?

Nothing. :(

And unfortunately, I seem to be striking out big time asking for help. It took a lot for me to even ask for help but it's even more upsetting that nobody I know online and personally have offered any help. I hate this. :(

And unfortunately, I seem to be striking out big time asking for help. It took a lot for me to even ask for help but it's even more upsetting that nobody I know online and personally have offered any help. I hate this. :(

Don't take it personally buddy. Times suck right now for a lot of people. I've got five kids and decided recently that the expensive hobby of Japanese cd collecting had to end. Eventually, I knew I had to quit buying CDs I can't afford. The economy sucks, jobs suck, it's all bad right now. I'm hoping things turn around soon...for everyone including yourself.

I hate it too. hope something turns for you. I feel your pain. just had to take our toy poodle to the vet Sunday. he is going on 14 years of age, he fell off some steps in the house and was hurt. Paying $100 right off for emergency after hours visit was bad enough and with the overnight stay, x-rays and test and meds we spent over $250 we didn't have. so now we have to try to come up with something to make up that bill so something else doesn't go late

I know how bad it sucks right now. But Obama swears the economy and jobs are better. He has no clue. I've never had trouble finding work. It's very disheartening.

I did receive a few donations for which I am grateful for. It's nice to know that there are still good people out there willing to help. I am praying for something to come my way soon. I don't know what else to do. I may have to work at mcdonalds. Even Walmart's around here aren't hiring. That's pathetic.

youre in baltimore,, there should be quite a few fedex express stations in the metro area.

unlike UPS, they do hire people starting out as drivers.

even though you start parttime (usually mon-fr 5-6 hours PM pick-up routes, but often you can grab tons more hours if they know youre willing and available for call-ins)

parttimers get all the same health/medical benefits as full after 90 days from hire date

i imagine the start pay in the metro area is at least $15

right off the bat you get 2-3 near-40hr/wks paid training.

you dont need a CDL unless youre driving the longer 900 series vans,, most of the fleet are the 700 series

but you do need to get a DOT medical cerification renewal every 2 years, so you MUST be clean.

and being really good at stuffing long hair under your hat helps, but it was brutal in the chicago summers.

i would just get everything below my temples cut short

http://fedex.hodesiq...88446&Locale=en

Courier (DOT) Part-Time15:00pm-21:00pm

MD, LINTHICUM HEIGHTS

Shit, mate - this is awful! I've got four kids, so I know how difficult things can get ... I'll keep the link, and if I can help out, I will. I hope that things start to turn around for you.

Shit, mate - this is awful! I've got four kids, so I know how difficult things can get ... I'll keep the link, and if I can help out, I will. I hope that things start to turn around for you.

Thanks man. Appreciate it.

As bad as things are my store can't keep people. We lose people faster than they can me hired. If by chance you find yourself at Walmart realize it's a dead end. Good is never good enough and fast is never fast enough. I dread my return tonight. I hope I can be out of there in the next 3-4 months. They're gunning for me now so it's only a matter of time. I'll be out of there one way or another.

As bad as things are my store can't keep people. We lose people faster than they can me hired. If by chance you find yourself at Walmart realize it's a dead end. Good is never good enough and fast is never fast enough. I dread my return tonight. I hope I can be out of there in the next 3-4 months. They're gunning for me now so it's only a matter of time. I'll be out of there one way or another.

I heard that. But even Walmart is better than nothing. I am about to lose my home. :(

Sorry to hear this. I am praying things get better for you.

What area do you live and what type of position are you seeking (if you are willing to work at Walmart)? If you provide that information I can tell you whether there are any positions open. I can go on The Wire and look up the information. I would be willing to give you a reference, but I doubt my name means anything.

Really feel for you mate. I would love to help, but I'm really struggling at the moment too. I've been applying for promotions at work and if I get one, I'll be sorted and would send you a few quid (and become a HH donor at last!). Sadly, I keep just missing out, which does my head in as the pay increase would make a massive difference to my family. I still buy a few CDs, but end up selling most of them so I can buy others. People on here talk about Obama, but thanks to the British Government cutting my income every year, I can't even buy clothes these days - I never thought clothes would become a luxury item! :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed it all gets better for us. And I'll be in touch if I get that promotion! :D

I didn't see any stores in Halethorpe. I looked at the Baltimore area and found store 3481, 3507, and 3489 are active. I only did a search for overnight stocker, but my guess is that if they are taking applications for that position they are taking them for others as well. I also checked the Sams Club and found they weren't active.

Things aren't looking good folks so if I disappear from here, it's been really fun. Thanks to everyone who helped out.

:(

Keeping everything crossed for you mate.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, looks like things have gotten worse. I will be homeless soon. Thanks for all the well wishes. Have no family or friends to help so I'm left with no options but maybe becoming a criminal and stealing to survive. Sad but true.

Good luck to all of you.

• 2 weeks later...