PRETTY MAIDS - Motherland

zacharyamelie

Not sure they are considered Heavy Metal, anyways, New Pretty Maids coming in March. Loved Pandemonium from a few years back.

Here is sample from the upcoming release:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuqCwrdojho

Sounds damn good!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I.N.V.U. was one of the greatest songs I believe they ever did.

To me I.N.V.U. represented much more then just a song, I believe it really showed just what a talent Pretty Maids are, they managed to produce a song(and boy the production was something wasn't it)that showed off not only superior songwriting, but also really they embodied the exact sound that to me, represented everything it is I love about the Pretty Maids sound, it was mature, yet they never broke away from the sound that makes them who they are, and I just thought even though the album to me wasnt exactly perfect, they put a song on it that was, I was just extremely happy the 1st time I ever heard that song, I thought awesome, this is exactly what I love about PM, and I still spin it often, even though it's generally in a mix of my other favorite PM songs.

They will have to go some to beat Pandemonium - that was their second best album IMO behind Jump The Gun

Ooh now that would be a nice thread. I have very different opinions. Not to get completely off track but my top three are Scream, Sin Decade and Spooked in that order.

They will have to go some to beat Pandemonium - that was their second best album IMO behind Jump The Gun

Ooh now that would be a nice thread. I have very different opinions. Not to get completely off track but my top three are Scream, Sin Decade and Spooked in that order.

Scream and Spooked at the top for me!

So why is everyone here talking about everything except the new song? :lol: Bunch of creeps. New song sounds awesome - can't wait for the new CD. As noted, the last one was one of their best and I hope they can do it again. I, as always, believe they can. Super consistent band.

Ha ha of course they can. New song just sounds like a continuation of Pandemonium to me. Can't wait.

And for the record - Jump The Gun, Pandemonium, Spooked.

Spooked

Lethal Heroes

Jump The Gun

Spooked

Lethal Heroes

Jump The Gun

Jump the gun and Lethal Heroes are they same aren't they?

Yes, but I'm with Cody here - its so good it's worth including twice ;-)

Spooked

Lethal Heroes

Jump The Gun

Oh I definitely love it, just doesn't have the punch of the albums that followed it IMO.

Spooked

Lethal Heroes

Jump The Gun

Oh I definitely love it, just doesn't have the punch of the albums that followed it IMO.

yeah but it does have all the best choruses and melodies ;-)

Okay, fair enough. Here's the correct list (roughly, lol):

1. 1990: Jump The Gun

2. 1997: Spooked

3. 1992: Sin-Decade

4. 1994: Scream

5. 1999: Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing

6. 2010: Pandemonium

7. 2006: Wake Up to the Real World

8. 2000: Carpe Diem

9. 1993: Stripped

10. 2002: Planet Panic

11. 1984: Red Hot and Heavy

12. 1987: Future World

TBA:

2013: Motherland

'Spooked' and 'Jump The Gun' are basically equal for me. One is consistent as hell and basically faultless. The other does have a couple of tracks that are not amazing, but it also does have a massive cluster of the best songs PM ever recorded, and some of my all-time favourite songs ever recorded. Very hard to split the pair to be honest.

Okay, fair enough. Here's the correct list (roughly, lol):

1. 1990: Jump The Gun

2. 1997: Spooked

3. 1992: Sin-Decade

4. 1994: Scream

5. 1999: Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing

6. 2010: Pandemonium

7. 2006: Wake Up to the Real World

8. 2000: Carpe Diem

9. 1993: Stripped

10. 2002: Planet Panic

11. 1984: Red Hot and Heavy

12. 1987: Future World

TBA:

2013: Motherland

'Spooked' and 'Jump The Gun' are basically equal for me. One is consistent as hell and basically faultless. The other does have a couple of tracks that are not amazing, but it also does have a massive cluster of the best songs PM ever recorded, and some of my all-time favourite songs ever recorded. Very hard to split the pair to be honest.

Anything Worth > Pandemonium.

Mmm, not sure i agree with that. Pandemonium is an excellent album.....no filler in sight.

Also lol re Future World....couldnt even make it above Red Hot & Heavy! Surely 'Love Games' and 'Rodeo' trump that album on their own?? ;-)

I wasn't thinking when I posted that LOL, I meant Spooked, Lethal Heroes, and Scream, what I meant to put was Lethal Heroes\Jump The Gun, sorry, I guess you guys have made me, Ive never even heard the Pretty Maids, I just wanted to fit in and be cool, thought you guys would like me more if I was a Pretty Maids fan, matter of fact, I have to come out, I dont even listen to metal, u guys are just all such good guys, and I wanted friends, so I made the whole thing up, im sorry, will u guys still be my friends? s

I wasn't thinking when I posted that LOL, I meant Spooked, Lethal Heroes, and Scream, what I meant to put was Lethal Heroes\Jump The Gun, sorry, I guess you guys have made me, Ive never even heard the Pretty Maids, I just wanted to fit in and be cool, thought you guys would like me more if I was a Pretty Maids fan, matter of fact, I have to come out, I dont even listen to metal, u guys are just all such good guys, and I wanted friends, so I made the whole thing up, im sorry, will u guys still be my friends? s

I knew you were a poser!

You don't like Venom you like Michael Jackson!

This sounds like a great continuation of Pandemonium.... :git: