3 new Roxy Blue cds available at FnA records

lettard

There has been three new Roxy Blue cd's made available at FnA records...

1.A new studio album called"want some more" recorded at the time of the debut and released now with 11 racks and 1 demo,plus 3 acoustic bonus tracks.

2.A new acousitc cd called "stripped" recorded in 1992

3.A new live cd called "Live at nightmoves" recorded also in 1992.

more info here: http://fnarecords.ne...e-more-211.html

and soundbytes to the studio cd are here http://www.sleazerox...ews/01722.shtml

sounds pretty good and I preordered the studio cd tonight :)

Not really interested in the live ones, but I'd love to hear the 'Want some more' disc. The samples sound pretty typical of Roxy Blue. I do like that debut, but there were plenty of fillers on it. I already hear plenty of fillers in those samples, but if it makes sense, they're cool fillers. They were a good band, even if they were in essence pretty average. I'd still like to hear it.

Just ordered WANT SOME MORE from FNA.

I've been a fan since late summer of 1992 when I walked into Tower Records in Portland, Oregon looking for Angel City - Face To Face on CD.

My girlfriend at the time was perusing the shelves when she held-up a copy of Roxy Blue - Want Some and I purchased the disc right then and there without hearing a single clip, based solely on the front cover... Proved to be a wise decision I've all but worn out that CD during the course of the past 20 years. I bet that CD got more play from 1992 - 1994 than any other disc in my entire collection.

I've been waiting for this release the better part of the past two decades. Not overly hyped with a live CD as I already own a nice soundboard recording, but the previously unreleased studio tracks... I'm all over those like flies on a ribroast!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man, I hate to report this but I did get them today and while they are nice to add to a collection, buyer beware. I am a HUGE fan of their debut cd but this is just...bad. The sound is all over the place (as to be expected) but the song quality is bad. And please don't get me started on the live cd. As mentioned above, I have a live boot from them that is soundboard and VERY good. This live cd? It's unlistenable. Absolutely terrible. I am surprised the band allowed this to come out. A better play would have been to sign with Frontiers and re-record the older unreleased stuff & add new.

I wish I had better news but please don't waste your hard earned cash unless you are getting them just to complete a collection. Mine will be collecting dust & never see the inside of a player again.

Almost broke down and cried reading this. Utterly heartbreaking. I was so looking forward to hearing it. I was even contemplating springing for the insanely priced ($125) mega fan pack. Perhaps not.

What's the acoustic disc like?

Would you even suggest just buying Want Some More?

Almost broke down and cried reading this. Utterly heartbreaking. I was so looking forward to hearing it. I was even contemplating springing for the insanely priced ($125) mega fan pack. Perhaps not.

What's the acoustic disc like?

Would you even suggest just buying Want Some More?

I really wanted to report something better & I really appreciate the fact that this kind of stuff does come out. It's out of their control as far as sound goes. It's not 1992 anymore ya know? What was the fan pack? I did the $38-ish deal for all three and a pick.

The acoustic disc started out very promising with the first 4 songs being polished and I'm guessing acoustic songs that were B-side ready. After that though, way down hill. WAY down hill...

And no, the Want Some More cd is just as disappointing. I keep waiting for someone to dispute what I am saying just to give another view or take on it but it can't be denied either way that this may be the most disappointing release of 2013.

Sad news, but can't say I'm surprised at all. I'll spin the MP3s to see if there's anything at all worth holding onto, but I have to say I couldn't use the word "disappointed" as I sadly did not expect much. :(

Were these the only two available? The latter one is the only one that sounds remotely like Roxy Blue. I actually listed to this again on the way to work yesterday and I have some new observations, none which change my opinion of the album. The opening track Bad to the Bullet is awesome for what it is. There is no way this song is not a left over from Want Some, it sounds like it was recorded during those sessions. 6-8 tracks later I finally hear another track that even sounds like Roxy Blue. Everything else in the middle sounds like some other band with the original singer much older ....which leads me to my point. I don't believe for a second that these tracks were done in prep for a second album during that era. There are no signs it's the same guitar player and most of the tracks sound like a drum machine.

I stand by my original statements that there are maybe 3-4 listenable songs on this album. The other two recordings are just ridiculously bad sound and production. The live cd baffles me. When there is a perfectly good sounding sound board recording from 1992 out there ( I own it), why choose this? It sounds like it was recorded on a hand held recorder from 1989.

Just baffles me...

Pretty much agree with Jarred here. First spin yesterday so it's rusty in my head, but off the top of my head:

Live disc - complete and utter waste of space. Disgraceful sound quality and this should never have seen the light of day.

'Stripped' - the acoustic tunes just sound like anything and everything they could find of the band that they recorded with an acoustic guitar through the years - regardless of quality or worth of sharing with the public. It's not all shockingly bad, but it's all very un-essential. The only point of the interest is the last 4 tracks, which are 4 unreleased Roxy Blue tunes. But like Jarred says, they're pretty poor songs. These seem more likely to actually be Roxy Blue songs than the others on the last CD, but they are pretty weak songs. Definitely a newer style to suit the 90's.

'Want some more' ; sound quality on this is not perfect, but really not bad at all for this type of release. The first song is probably the only reason this whole thing was ever released. Like Jarred says, it must be an out-take from the debut. And then towards the end there seem to be a couple more songs performed by Roxy Blue - maybe. But there is no doubt that the stuff in the middle is not the full band by any means. To me it sounds like an attempted solo outing by the lead singer once grunge broke out. They're not grunge songs - just really bad mellow rock songs. Awful, in fact. And NOTHING like Roxy Blue.

Overall, the whole package is really a mess. I couldn't recommend it to anyone, and as much as people hate downloading, I don't see the crime in finding out how poor this actually is for yourself before forking out au$60+ to find out the hard way...

Pretty much agree with Jarred here. First spin yesterday so it's rusty in my head, but off the top of my head:

Live disc - complete and utter waste of space. Disgraceful sound quality and this should never have seen the light of day.

'Stripped' - the acoustic tunes just sound like anything and everything they could find of the band that they recorded with an acoustic guitar through the years - regardless of quality or worth of sharing with the public. It's not all shockingly bad, but it's all very un-essential. The only point of the interest is the last 4 tracks, which are 4 unreleased Roxy Blue tunes. But like Jarred says, they're pretty poor songs. These seem more likely to actually be Roxy Blue songs than the others on the last CD, but they are pretty weak songs. Definitely a newer style to suit the 90's.

'Want some more' ; sound quality on this is not perfect, but really not bad at all for this type of release. The first song is probably the only reason this whole thing was ever released. Like Jarred says, it must be an out-take from the debut. And then towards the end there seem to be a couple more songs performed by Roxy Blue - maybe. But there is no doubt that the stuff in the middle is not the full band by any means. To me it sounds like an attempted solo outing by the lead singer once grunge broke out. They're not grunge songs - just really bad mellow rock songs. Awful, in fact. And NOTHING like Roxy Blue.

Overall, the whole package is really a mess. I couldn't recommend it to anyone, and as much as people hate downloading, I don't see the crime in finding out how poor this actually is for yourself before forking out au$60+ to find out the hard way...

I was waiting for someone to review it as well...spot on mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I'm not going to tape my hands, put on the gloves and challenge any of ya'll to a fight, but WANT SO MORE isn't the worst CD I've ever heard, either, that's for sure.

I purchased this CD with an open mind... not something I often do. For instance, I know ALL future Bon Jovi albums will suck, so I won't bother even listening to clips... Now, before hitting play on my 1986 Technics CD player, I had already prepared myself for inferior sound quality. These songs are pretty much demos, more than 20 years old, and don't have Geffen money behind them. I'm guessing they were never intended to be released in this manner back in the day... but it's no longer back in the day.

If it was January 29, 1993 right now I probably would have thrown the disc out the window in much the same manner I tossed Jon Bon Jovi's "Destination Anywhere" into the Columbia River back in 1997 or whenever it was released. No, I'm not kidding. I threw it off the Interstate 5 Bridge into the Columbia River at about 60MPH... Anyway, this is certainly not WANT SOME, not even close, but Poole's vocals are unmistakable and overall the song quality, arrangements and inrtumentation isn't horrible. Again, I've certainly heard worse.

But this one is for the hardcore fans. If you weren't a Roxy Blue fan before now, this one won't change your mind... probably cement it, actually. But if you loved WANT SOME more than any other album in your collection for a couple years back in 1992 / 1993, it's certainly worth a listen. Will I pull it out at parties and expect an ovation? Of course not, but for 60 minutes or so at a time I can pretend it's 1993 and I'm 24 instead of 44 :)

Okay, so I'm not going to tape my hands, put on the gloves and challenge any of ya'll to a fight, but WANT SO MORE isn't the worst CD I've ever heard, either, that's for sure.

I purchased this CD with an open mind... not something I often do. For instance, I know ALL future Bon Jovi albums will suck, so I won't bother even listening to clips... Now, before hitting play on my 1986 Technics CD player, I had already prepared myself for inferior sound quality. These songs are pretty much demos, more than 20 years old, and don't have Geffen money behind them. I'm guessing they were never intended to be released in this manner back in the day... but it's no longer back in the day.

If it was January 29, 1993 right now I probably would have thrown the disc out the window in much the same manner I tossed Jon Bon Jovi's "Destination Anywhere" into the Columbia River back in 1997 or whenever it was released. No, I'm not kidding. I threw it off the Interstate 5 Bridge into the Columbia River at about 60MPH... Anyway, this is certainly not WANT SOME, not even close, but Poole's vocals are unmistakable and overall the song quality, arrangements and inrtumentation isn't horrible. Again, I've certainly heard worse.

But this one is for the hardcore fans. If you weren't a Roxy Blue fan before now, this one won't change your mind... probably cement it, actually. But if you loved WANT SOME more than any other album in your collection for a couple years back in 1992 / 1993, it's certainly worth a listen. Will I pull it out at parties and expect an ovation? Of course not, but for 60 minutes or so at a time I can pretend it's 1993 and I'm 24 instead of 44 :)

Except JBJ DA is a great cd and these were all shit ;)

You can find my copy of Destination Anywhere at the bottom of the Columbia River right about the Oregon / Washington border, resting in peace where it belongs... should be joined there with just about every other BJ CD since Keep The Faith.

Eh, we'll agree to disagree. My Japanese copy gets played regularly. As for the BJ CDs, I disagree as well being These Days is fantastic and Crush is solid. Everything after, I would agree.

You can find my copy of Destination Anywhere at the bottom of the Columbia River right about the Oregon / Washington border, resting in peace where it belongs... should be joined there with just about every other BJ CD since Keep The Faith.

Agree 110%