Shakra - Powerplay (January 11, 2013)

Jeff

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it'll end with the 3 of you, though. ;)

It's not my fault you can't hear good music.....

Not only do I hear good music, but I decide what is good music and what is not. And this certainly is not. Which is odd. Because I threw a 70% rating at it, which is actually pretty good. But my desire to ever play this full album ever again in my entire life is actually zero. Zero desire to spin it again, ever.

Not only do I hear good music, but I decide what is good music and what is not. And this certainly is not. Which is odd. Because I threw a 70% rating at it, which is actually pretty good. But my desire to ever play this full album ever again in my entire life is actually zero. Zero desire to spin it again, ever.

Funny stuff! lol

That's your opinion and as usual I'll agree to disagree with you. I enjoy the disc a lot. Is it perfect? No it's not but I still dig it and will continue to play it.

That's your opinion and as usual I'll agree to disagree with you. I enjoy the disc a lot. Is it perfect? No it's not but I still dig it and will continue to play it.

My thoughts exactly! I'll keep playing it. I also been playing Back On Track. I think this is much better.

My thoughts exactly! I'll keep playing it. I also been playing Back On Track. I think this is much better.

I like em both but think the new one might be slightly better.

No, No, you are all incorrect, you will all cease to play these travesties, throw them directly into your garbage cans, give the nice garbage man a new band to listen to, he is tired of his Marshal Tucker cassette, you will all immediately replace it with the latest from H.E.A.T. and next time Geoff gives you an order you will follow it, do I make myself crystal clear???

No, No, you are all incorrect, you will all cease to play these travesties, throw them directly into your garbage cans, give the nice garbage man a new band to listen to, he is tired of his Marshal Tucker cassette, you will all immediately replace it with the latest from H.E.A.T. and next time Geoff gives you an order you will follow it, do I make myself crystal clear???

Um, NO!

Um, NO!

The H.E.A.T- Address The Nation was # 1 for 2012!

Um, NO!

Very good, so even the more reason to listen to it, I mean unless your 2013 cd is Shakra?

Um, NO!

Very good, so even the more reason to listen to it, I mean unless your 2013 cd is Shakra?

If I want AOR I'll listen to the HEAT but if I want good Hard Rock I'll stick with the Shakra. :taz:

yeah me to, ST & Power Ride, I absolutely agree with you, killer albums,

Um, NO!

If I want AOR I'll listen to the HEAT but if I want good Hard Rock I'll stick with the Shakra. :taz:

I have feeling my # 1 for 2013 might be W.E.T.

I think H.E.A.T might be mine again for 2013, that's how good I thought it was

Nice!

To my ears the last two albums are much closer to the first four releases than the last couple with Fox were.

Closer or not, to me they just sound stale to me and the spark is gone.

It's not just Shakra either, though. Crystal Ball burst onto the scene with two of the best albums in recent history, about the same time as Shakra - those two albums destroy anything Shakra ever even thought about recording. But same as Shakra, everything after that was just a pale, pale comparison. It's nice and loyal to try and say these guys are still recording good music, but to me it's just sadly not the truth anymore. Just the same sad tired attempt over and over again. :(

To my ears the last two albums are much closer to the first four releases than the last couple with Fox were.

It's not just Shakra either, though. Crystal Ball burst onto the scene with two of the best albums in recent history, about the same time as Shakra - those two albums destroy anything Shakra ever even thought about recording. But same as Shakra, everything after that was just a pale, pale comparison. It's nice and loyal to try and say these guys are still recording good music, but to me it's just sadly not the truth anymore. Just the same sad tired attempt over and over again. :(

For me Shakra has never had any all time great albums but albums that had many great songs mixed with a few average songs. And maybe its the updated production but I'm enjoying the new one as much as I enjoy the old ones. There seems to be some negative comments on this site and that includes you however there are some very positive reviews out there in cyber land as well. Just as you love many modern bands i have no interest in, I like this disc where you do not.

For me Shakra has never had any all time great albums but albums that had many great songs mixed with a few average songs. And maybe its the updated production but I'm enjoying the new one as much as I enjoy the old ones. There seems to be some negative comments on this site and that includes you however there are some very positive reviews out there in cyber land as well. Just as you love many modern bands i have no interest in, I like this disc where you do not.

But you'll notice off to your left, under my favorite bands, ??? Hey??? so do you think I am just not giving this album a chance? or that im somehow faking it? bro I just cannot get into this fucking singer, trust me, I want to very very bad, I was not a fan of Fox, actually the first 3 Shakra albums I believe were the best, but at least Fox had his own identity, something im really struggling to find with this new singer, I dont know how many more spins I can give it, maybe I should take a break and come back to it? in the mean time I will spin H.E.A.T.! sound good to you?

But you'll notice off to your left, under my favorite bands, ??? Hey??? so do you think I am just not giving this album a chance? or that im somehow faking it? bro I just cannot get into this fucking singer, trust me, I want to very very bad, I was not a fan of Fox, actually the first 3 Shakra albums I believe were the best, but at least Fox had his own identity, something im really struggling to find with this new singer, I dont know how many more spins I can give it, maybe I should take a break and come back to it? in the mean time I will spin H.E.A.T.! sound good to you?

To each his own. You don't like it and I do and we can leave it at that.

To each his own. You don't like it and I do and we can leave it at that.

Nope thats not good enough, it's time to die, prepare to meet your doom! beg for mercy Wes.

I prefer the 1st singer to Fox and Prakesh.

Dude I think Wiedmer is so far ahead of the others its disgusting, Fox sang on some songs, that were just straight Metal gold, but the ones he sucks on fucking suck bad, Prakesh is just not doing it for me, there were a few songs on the last album that if Fox had been on I believe he wouldve nailed it, but Prakesh just doesnt do it, he cant save the mediocre songs, and thats what i thought fox did better then any of them, he took what coudve been shitty songs, and made them listenable, Pakesh doesnt have that ability, and thats the conclusion ive come to.

Holy crap, finally something short, simple, makes sense....and I can agree with! Address The Nation is absolutely killer.