Issa - Can't Stop

Stefan

• My Little Pony

Because it's a covers album, it will receive it's share of neglect. However, musically it should be great, considering it's sporting half of Mr. Gieoli's recent line-up--Alessandro Del Vecchio and Anna Portalupi.

I getting a little tired of cover cds!

But now that I look at the track list, she chose a lot of obscure songs from our genre. Could be good after all.

• My Little Pony

But now that I look at the track list, she chose a lot of obscure songs from our genre. Could be good after all.

Mos def, it's why Def Leppard's "Yeah!" worked for me. I had never heard most of those tracks before.

Beautiful cover album, although some maybe need to get over Issa's shrilling vocal, but most of the songs here are enjoyable and yeah obscure.

Issa (Isabell Oversveen) - Lead Vocals;

Alessandro Del Vecchio – Keyboards;

Mario Percudani – Guitars;

Anna Portaluppi – Bass;

Alessandro Mori - Drums.

complete list of songs and asterisks are my personal faves

1. Can't Stop (Aviator) *

2. Power Over Me (Atlantic)

3. Wherever You Run (Regatta)

4. Just A Wish (21 Guns) *

5. If You Ever Fall (Mystic Healer)

6. Do You Ever Think of Me (Unruly Child) *

7. Dream On (Boulevard) *

8. Stranded (Jaime Kyle)

9. Heat of The Night (Worrall) *

10. I Won't Surrender (Tower City)

11. State of Love (Mark Free)

12. These Eyes (21 Guns)

There is a nice choice of songs on here and not the completely obvious ones I was expecting. The Aviator one above is pretty smart, so he rest should be intereresting

• 3 weeks later...

Mos def, it's why Def Leppard's "Yeah!" worked for me. I had never heard most of those tracks before.

Completely, 100% different situation, mate. I think you missed the point of what The Rocker correctly said - the bit about "our genre."

I am probably the most vocal hater of covers CDs on this board, and I have not heard this yet, but when I saw this track list today I sprung an immediate erection. What an awesome choice, a great collection of obscure classics of the music we love. Not the shit songs that bands like Def Leppard and Tesla cover. Everyone knows you can't polish dogshit, but these songs were already classics so I can't wait to heard what she does with them! Really looking forward to hearing this disc.

Heard this one today - pretty nice indeed. Most the tracks are so "obscure" to the casual listener, that many will probably view this as a collection of great melodic hard rock songs they may never have heard.

Big props to the selector of the tracks because often a great band will be selected, but not always the best song. Here, each selection is actually a great / one of the best songs from the artist selected. It's a very excellent collection - all would make it into an Ipod "Top Rated" selection for me.

For the most part, the originals are better, but it's nice hearing a female vocal version of these great songs, with a new well produced melodic hard rock sound too. 'Can't stop' is my fave of the bunch.

Oh, and Jamie Kyle. Who is this chap? I only know 'Stranded' as the killer track of Tangier's second album. I do have to say, just because Steelhouse Lane's version of 'Surrender' is one of my all-time favourite songs, that this is the weakest version of that great song I've heard yet. Still love it, but it's definitely third behind Steelhouse Lane and Tower City. :)

Oh, and Jamie Kyle. Who is this chap?

You mean this chick? http://heavyharmonie...gi?BandNum=2378

Hmmm, Looks very interesting. I bet that's some great commercial rock there. You heard either of her CDs?

Hmmm, Looks very interesting. I bet that's some great commercial rock there. You heard either of her CDs?

I have all three releases (1 is a 'best of') and they're all pretty good slab of AOR/melodic rock. Nothing mind-blowing. Solid stuff.

I have all three releases (1 is a 'best of') and they're all pretty good slab of AOR/melodic rock. Nothing mind-blowing. Solid stuff.

Even with the ridiculous shipping rates on Amazon 'Passionate Kind' is still under $10 so I may take a punt.

Haha, that above track list for the ISSA disc is wrong. Jaime Kyle's version of 'Stranded' is the one Heart did... not the one Tangier did, which is the one on the ISSA disc. Tsk tsk.

Thanks for the clips 'Bed of Roses' sounds like a winner... the other one okay-ish. I'll take a punt I think.

Haha, that above track list for the ISSA disc is wrong. Jaime Kyle's version of 'Stranded' is the one Heart did... not the one Tangier did, which is the one on the ISSA disc. Tsk tsk.

Yeah, yeah.

Now shut up! Go away...

;)

I still don't like those vocals. Great great songs (Regatta's "Wherever You Run" is my personal highlight) and some damn fine arrangements on here. But a lousy and muddy production, and those vocals that-are-always-a-pitch-too-high really spoil this IMO. Why does she have to screech all the time, even during the verses? Worth getting IMO, but she's still yet to make a great album...

Haha, yeah, I'll give you that - she's hardly the best vocalist ever, that's for sure. But I still like 3 from 3 albums so she's doing okay. I didn't know that Regatta song off the top of my head and I have to admit that was my 2nd fave on the disc too.

I still don't like those vocals. Great great songs (Regatta's "Wherever You Run" is my personal highlight) and some damn fine arrangements on here. But a lousy and muddy production, and those vocals that-are-always-a-pitch-too-high really spoil this IMO. Why does she have to screech all the time, even during the verses? Worth getting IMO, but she's still yet to make a great album...

Backed. Vocals aren't great - worst on the second album if I recall. Debut was better.

• 11 months later...