Less Than 4 - 'By Blood By Heart'

Geoff

I did download this disc initially but have ceased to listen to it after buying the CD last week, so I'll only listen to that once I receive it. But I'm surprised no one here's talking about this CD in any capacity.

It looks like it does dip a little after a killer first half, including the opener, 'Fucked up kid,' which is just killer. But I thought fans of hard rock would be interested in this one as there is more than enough here to keep a listener occupied. Sounds like a really good CD to me. Anyone else into these guys?

At least sample the opener and the title track here:

http://www.musicbuym...dex.php?i=36386

CD12314.jpg

I agree, this one's a great disc, worth at least 80% to me, probably can hit 85%

Some tracks that I love here are 'Fucked Up Kid', 'In It For The Money', 'By Blood By Heart', 'One Week', and 'Deadlock'.

a little quality-dip on 'Soft Situations' and 'Nothing Is Thicker', but still a solid album, looks like these guys are better in playing uptempo / heavy tracks than ballads.

I agree, this one's a great disc, worth at least 80% to me, probably can hit 85%

Some tracks that I love here are 'Fucked Up Kid', 'In It For The Money', 'By Blood By Heart', 'One Week', and 'Deadlock'.

a little quality-dip on 'Soft Situations' and 'Nothing Is Thicker', but still a solid album, looks like these guys are better in playing uptempo / heavy tracks than ballads.

Yeah, I agree. The harder rocking songs are the better ones but it's great to hear a band trying this style which is sadly lacking in the current musical climate. A lot of AOR / melodic rock, but not as many bands trying (and more importantly succeeding with) a more harder rocking style, but with that awesome 80's style commercial edge. These kids have done well to capture a bit of magic with this disc. And how perfect an opener is 'Fucked up kid?' I love that intro so much...

I would put them in the same list as Bad City.

Yeah, good call. There is a similarity between the two. I dare say the strongest songs on this one may be a little stronger than the Bad City disc, imo.

Yeah, good call. There is a similarity between the two. I dare say the strongest songs on this one may be a little stronger than the Bad City disc, imo.

That's a tough one 'cause I really like the Bad City, and I am just getting into this one.

• 8 years later...

I only recently discovered this little gem, and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I like the Bad City comparison, and I'd also say they are straight hard rock with a dash of Crazy Lixx, and a pinch of Crashdiet at times. Not sure why this one didn't receive much fanfare back in 2012/13???

• 2023 Gold Donors
23 minutes ago, whiplash1972 said:

I only recently discovered this little gem, and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I like the Bad City comparison, and I'd also say they are straight hard rock with a dash of Crazy Lixx, and a pinch of Crashdiet at times. Not sure why this one didn't receive much fanfare back in 2012/13???

That's good stuff. Thanks for bumping the thread.

• Like 1

Those are from the same area as me but nowhere near as cheesy.