Juan Croucier Back In RATT

T-BONE

Who didn't see this coming a mile away when Robbie Crane up and quit last month?

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=173026

Who didn't see this coming a mile away when Robbie Crane up and quit last month?

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=173026

After just one rehearsal... I've heard from a pretty good source that this probably isn't going to last long.

This should make the M# show pretty interesting. At least Robbie Crane will be on the grounds of M# as he is playing with Lynch Mob. Never know... They might need him.

After just one rehearsal... I've heard from a pretty good source that this probably isn't going to last long.

That's not exactly a shock. :blink: I'm surprised he agreed to rejoin at all.

That's not exactly a shock. :blink: I'm surprised he agreed to rejoin at all.

After reading Blotzer's book I can't understand why they asked him to be in the band in the first place??? Sounds like they should have went with Juan's brother in the beginning and even now.

I can tell you this... The members of Ratt are not all traveling to M3 together. A couple will be there Thursday, some Friday, and one Saturday. You can make what you want to out of that.

Surprising news to me for sure. So are these mofo's still recording a new album, or do they plan to? I thought it was meant to be not too far away??

probably they think this formation will shovel more cash than Crane on board

Doubtful. The average Joe on the street probably doesn't even know, nor do they give a f*ck, who's playing bass. Besides, they'll probably need to pay Croucier more than they were paying Crane.

Doubtful. The average Joe on the street probably doesn't even know, nor do they give a f*ck, who's playing bass. Besides, they'll probably need to pay Croucier more than they were paying Crane.

The majority of the long time fans who's the one that will attend their gig or buy their album surely pays attention to this. After all, Juan can be considered a founding member, play with them since the EP, and he even played simultaneously in Dokken too back in the days before Pilson, so I guess many still remember him :D

I for one, loved watching Crane play live...lots of energy, looked like he was having fun.

It's quite a sad moment for him, hopefully he'll overcome this and find a better income

The majority of the long time fans who's the one that will attend their gig or buy their album surely pays attention to this. After all, Juan can be considered a founding member, play with them since the EP, and he even played simultaneously in Dokken too back in the days before Pilson, so I guess many still remember him :D

Oh yeah, I'm sure they remember him, but I don't think his presence in the band is a make-or-break thing. Somehow I doubt there are Ratt fans out there who were like "Yeah, y'know, I really wanted to check out their new album but Juan Croucier didn't play on it, so that was a deal breaker for me." :D

Oh yeah, I'm sure they remember him, but I don't think his presence in the band is a make-or-break thing. Somehow I doubt there are Ratt fans out there who were like "Yeah, y'know, I really wanted to check out their new album but Juan Croucier didn't play on it, so that was a deal breaker for me." :D

I agree. I've seen Ratt several times but all with Robbie Crane and while I've been a fan since the late 80's and preferred to have Juan in the band and as many originals as possible for the most part the fans that go to these shows care most about hearing songs they know and having them sung by the original vocalist. Next would maybe having Warren play guitar but everything after that isn't noticed as much except by the diehards like me. I saw them with Jizzy and they were still very good but I would guess that maybe only half the audience even noticed that Stephen wasn't there and many probably thought that Jizzy was Stephen. But this might be more of a US thing with so many just going to have a good time these days to hear old songs they know and not paying attention as much to who is in the band and some of these people probably never knew who was or watn't in the band.

I agree. I've seen Ratt several times but all with Robbie Crane and while I've been a fan since the late 80's and preferred to have Juan in the band and as many originals as possible for the most part the fans that go to these shows care most about hearing songs they know and having them sung by the original vocalist. Next would maybe having Warren play guitar but everything after that isn't noticed as much except by the diehards like me. I saw them with Jizzy and they were still very good but I would guess that maybe only half the audience even noticed that Stephen wasn't there and many probably thought that Jizzy was Stephen. But this might be more of a US thing with so many just going to have a good time these days to hear old songs they know and not paying attention as much to who is in the band and some of these people probably never knew who was or watn't in the band.

I don' much care if a band is "original members" or not... I prefer that the band gels together and can put on a great show. I loved Robbie as a member as Ratt. Robbie is a great guy and a very good musician.

To dwell on the above post that stated that some people even "probably thought that Jizzy was Stephen"... I can totally believe that. Last year at M3 there were a couple girls that kept yelling "we love you Jani" while Warrant was on stage.

I still don't expect Jaun to be a member of Ratt for very long... we shall see.