man, am I cheap!

66 mustang

I'm off work today and went out to buy me some new shoes. mine are total crap, broken down pieces......you get the idea. I wanted a pair of tennis shoes and a pair of work shoes. looking at prices of shoes I know why mine are broken down. serious, the prices for shoes is awful. needles to say I got one pair of shoes today and will wait for the other pair next payday. Maybe I'm just a cheap SOB.

I hear ya. I've been wearing the same pair of work boots day in and day out for over a year and a half now. They're really starting to look it too.

We just got our tax refund so I need to junk these things and get a new pair of sneakers!!

I hear ya. I've been wearing the same pair of work boots day in and day out for over a year and a half now. They're really starting to look it too.

We just got our tax refund so I need to junk these things and get a new pair of sneakers!!

See, I'm just the opposite. mine look good on the outside but the inside is broken down. I can't even buy those really good insoles to put into them anymore because the heel of the shoe is just broken down. I Practially feel everything the sole of the shoe steps on and when I buy those nice insoles they just last a month before they are torn up because of the inside of the shoe's being broken. I blame it on the concrete floors I'm on every day. And the inside back of the shoes, the materal is torn away and I'm wearing holes in socks left and right.

And the inside back of the shoes, the materal is torn away and I'm wearing holes in socks left and right.

Yup, I got that going on too. The insides of the boots are a maroon/red color so every time I take the shoes off I got this red sh*t all over my socks. Freaked me out the first time I saw it cuz I thought it was blood! :yikes:

I refuse to pay more than $40 for sneakers. They must be heavily on sale. Shoes don't cost anymore to make than they did 20 years ago. I play tennis 3 times a week and burn through shoes really fast. I bought out my shoe and all I could fine because they discontinued it. $40 plus buy one get one half off plus 20%, I bought 7 pairs. Doen to 1 pair left, not sure what will happen after that. I burn through the bottoms, they still look good from the top.

They don't make them like they use to.

Mike

Everytime I check in here and see the What CD did you Buy This Week thread, I just don't want to believe that anyone in here is cheap. Or you people are just like me five years ago, refusing to buy anything that can be worn just to have money for CDs?

Remember the first Air Jordans? Wanted a pair back in junior high but my parents could'nt afford them. I believe they were $60 back then. Now thats alot of money. For most of my time growing up I had Traxx from Kmart. Anyone remember those?

Rivers is the best shop for clothes in Australia. I had not bought shoes in about 30 years but last year I bought 4 pairs on one day from this place - all $25 each. And now I never need to buy shoes again in this life. :)

I haven't had a new pair of shoes in a while. I probably need to shop for some, but I hate to spend the money. My most comfortable shoes are an old pair of Vans. I wear those to work. On my days off I wear a cheap pair of Hawks. Doing that seems to increase the life of my shoes.

For most of my time growing up I had Traxx from Kmart. Anyone remember those?

Yeah, I remember those!! I used to work for Kmart. Talk about cheap sh*t shoes, Lordy. I used to buy their cheap sh*t work boots for $25 and within 90 days the soles would be worn completely flat :rofl2:

Yeah, I remember those!! I used to work for Kmart. Talk about cheap sh*t shoes, Lordy. I used to buy their cheap sh*t work boots for $25 and within 90 days the soles would be worn completely flat :rofl2:

Yeah, I used to buy the cheap Walmart work boots, until I bought a pair of Timberlands for $125 dollars. Expensive, but i'm still wearing them.. :tumbsup:

Yeah, I used to buy the cheap Walmart work boots, until I bought a pair of Timberlands for $125 dollars. Expensive, but i'm still wearing them.. :tumbsup:

Yeah, I had a pair of Timberlands that lasted me almost three years. Right now the pair I'm wearing is "Stanley" (as in the tool company) and I've had these for about two years, they're starting to look it too.

It might be nice to have a pair of nice lightweight sneakers on my feet again rather than these clodhoppers!!