Bangalore Choir

AlphaMale

Bangalore Choir studio album No.3 on the way! Bangalore Choir are currently putting the finishing touches on their soon to be released new record called "Metaphor". The line-up is David Reece, Andy Susemihl, Curt Mitchell, Danny Greenberg and Mike Johnson. "Metaphor" will include 14 brand new tracks.

Hmmm, I really hope they make a good go of this one. The last one was solid if nothing else. In fact, I just picked it up from AOR Heaven for eu$4 and look forward to spinning it again. I did kind of ignore and forget it. I just hope they make this one a little more explosive and hook-orientated, like the debut was. They were shamelessly commercial, but it worked perfectly. 'Cadence' didn't have this same appeal at all for me.

Hmmm, I really hope they make a good go of this one. The last one was solid if nothing else. In fact, I just picked it up from AOR Heaven for eu$4 and look forward to spinning it again. I did kind of ignore and forget it. I just hope they make this one a little more explosive and hook-orientated, like the debut was. They were shamelessly commercial, but it worked perfectly. 'Cadence' didn't have this same appeal at all for me.

Half of it was great, half not so - way too long as well and the thought of another 14 tracks doesn't bode well .

We'll see

Half of it was great, half not so - way too long as well and the thought of another 14 tracks doesn't bode well .

We'll see

I loved Cadence. Sure there was maybe two or three songs that I'd consider fillers but everything else was great melodic hard rock that was a little more mature than the debut. On Target will always be my fave but with 20 years between that album and the newer lineup I dont expect them to make an album that great again but I'm just happy David is out there making music again.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but this is what gets me. If a band from back in the day puts out a new cd 20 or so years later,and it sounds different than the debut from that band, people criticize them for it. BUT if they make a cd in the same style or similar to their old stuff, people criticize that as well, saying that there is nothing new here or same old rehashed stuff.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but this is what gets me. If a band from back in the day puts out a new cd 20 or so years later,and it sounds different than the debut from that band, people criticize them for it. BUT if they make a cd in the same style or similar to their old stuff, people criticize that as well, saying that there is nothing new here or same old rehashed stuff.

I assume this comment isn't aimed at me? But just to confirm, I am as lenient a music fan as there is on this subject. My fondness or lack there of, of the last BC album has nothing to do with whether it sounds like the debut or not. All that matters is if the songs are good or not - regardless of style. And to me they were just pretty average.

Bands like Jaded Heart and Fate are making CDs that sound nothing like their heyday, but they're still making great CDs and that's all that concerns me.

I assume this comment isn't aimed at me? But just to confirm, I am as lenient a music fan as there is on this subject. My fondness or lack there of, of the last BC album has nothing to do with whether it sounds like the debut or not. All that matters is if the songs are good or not - regardless of style. And to me they were just pretty average.

Bands like Jaded Heart and Fate are making CDs that sound nothing like their heyday, but they're still making great CDs and that's all that concerns me.

Just my opinion but I like Cadence way more than any of the recent Jaded Heart releases since Bormann left.

Just my opinion but I like Cadence way more than any of the recent Jaded Heart releases since Bormann left.

Wow, really? I love those discs. Hard for me to comment too much on BC until I pick up the hard copy and give it a few spins (should have it tomorrow) but I do know it just sadly did very little for me. :(

• 1 month later...

Metaphor will be out April 27th

Promo vid for the new album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybgZcXDaf28

Review from BeRock Radio can be found here:

http://minizine.berock-live.com/html/reviews/pages-012/bangalore_choir_metaphor.html

Good song, not anything earth shattering. IMO David Reece and co are going to use BC as a vehicle to release more mature songs in a style similar to Reece's 'Universal Language' album, and that's a-ok by me. If anyone is looking for something more along the lines of 'On Target' I think you best bet would be picking up the new Tango Down album w/Reece on vocals.

Good song, not anything earth shattering. IMO David Reece and co are going to use BC as a vehicle to release more mature songs in a style similar to Reece's 'Universal Language' album, and that's a-ok by me. If anyone is looking for something more along the lines of 'On Target' I think you best bet would be picking up the new Tango Down album w/Reece on vocals.

I can't disagree with that.

I hope that's not the best tune on the new album.

It's not a bad song or anything but doesn't excite me like many of the songs on the last disc did like "Martyr", "Tomorrow", "Survival of the Fittest", "Living Your Dreams" and many others.

• 1 month later...

I just ordered my copy of this. NEH records has it for a lot cheaper than whoever is selling it on Amazon.com. That being said, I still dropped a lot of coin for this one so I hope it was worth it.

anyone seeing b choir ever matching their glorious debut?

Not possible. I don't think Reece is interested in something that sounds like that ever again and he's the only one from that line-up still in the band. Sure a guitarist plays a note on the last CD or something, but it's an entirely different songwriter and musician/s and the debut will never be touched. As long as they keep creating cool tunes I'll check them out, though.

Not possible. I don't think Reece is interested in something that sounds like that ever again and he's the only one from that line-up still in the band. Sure a guitarist plays a note on the last CD or something, but it's an entirely different songwriter and musician/s and the debut will never be touched. As long as they keep creating cool tunes I'll check them out, though.

Curt Mitchell played guitar on both BC albums and did all of the shows. Danny Greenberg played bass on the debut but gave way to Ian Mayo when the album was released but his been in the band since the reunion. David couldnt see eye to eye with jackie or ian for the reunion and john kirk plays ragae music these days.

First of all, they will NEVER match the debut. Second, I never understood the (not wanting to play the same style of music) that made you in the first place, and the music that your fans love to hear from you. "Artist need to grow", and "WE are more mature now", what a bunch of bullshit.

[/quotethat

Curt Mitchell played guitar on both BC albums and did all of the shows. Danny Greenberg played bass on the debut but gave way to Ian Mayo when the album was released but his been in the band since the reunion. David couldnt see eye to eye with jackie or ian for the reunion and john kirk plays ragae music these days.

Wowser, I didn't know that about the bass player at all. That's cool. I saw that Curt Mitchell played on 'Cadence' but got the impression he played maybe one or two notes on the CD. Hopefully he plays on the whole new disc.