Jettblack "Get Your Hands Dirty"

JLPRocks

Looking to buy this CD, but do not see it available at the usual places?! Anyone know where I can buy it??!!! Thanks!

Probably cheaper to buy it from a marketplace seller on Amazon.com. Its about £9 on the UK site, so it would probably work out at about $15 plus postage.

There are sellers on the US site selling it for about $12 with cheaper postage.

Yeah, the original plan was to have a single out by Aug/Sept and the album to follow in October but for whatever reason its been pushed back to early 2012.

I get the feeling it was a record label decision as from what I understand, Spinefarm (or Universal) is very controlling. Up until the gig I saw a month or so ago, the band were told to not play anything from the new album live in case it gets videoed and put on youtube. I said surely thats just a good way of enticing people to buy the album if they like what they hear, which the band member who told me agreed.

the song they played last time I saw them was a little bit heavier, but Matt did tell me months ago that they were gonna have a couple of other styles on a few tunes.

He did mention the black album by Metallica has being one reference point.

He said it is still the same sound, just a little bit tweaked here and there. Jon also said that this album is miles better than the debut, but what band wouldnt say that?

For me I always remain optimistically cautious, but going on recent form for second albums (Reckless Love & Steel Panther) of second albums maybe not being better than the debut but still being stunning albums, I am pretty confident the second JB album will be at least equal to the debut.

I do have to say - loved the debut; it was very solid hard rock. But I really don't think it'll be hard for the band to top it. All they need is a few more hooks and memorable choruses and that'll do the trick for me. There were just a few missing from the debut... :)

you two are deranged ... totally and utterly deranged.

Each to his own mate. The sound of the debut is fine, but only 'Two Hot Girls' and 'Not Even Love' stand out as songs I'll play again. The rest of it I can take or leave.

I still say you are deranged ;)

James is deranged - no argument there - but for once I actually think he has a point with this one. Like I said, I like the Jettblack CD and happily play it start to end. All solid, no real filler. But I'm on one less than James and could only find one song that really stood out for me, and that was the obvious hook of 'Two hot girls.' That's a great catchy tune. And despite the rest being very solid, none of it ever really sunk in and it's not the type of CD I thrust my hips at strangers over, or sing along to. It's just on the stereo and I dig it when it plays... but I'm hoping to hear some better choruses and catchier tunes this time around.

See for me I can only hear one or two tracks on it that dont have huge hooks, and even they are great songs.

Songs like Two hot girls, Get your hands dirty, Not only love, Motherfucker, When it comes to lovin and Fooled by a rose are just hook laden, with sing along choruses that are so catchy that I have to get an injection every time I hear them.

And Geoff, I take it back, you are not deranged .. you are a deviant. ;)

I thank you, kind sir. I shall wear it with honour. ;)

• 3 weeks later...