Steve Harris of Shy R.I.P.

Guest ajab

Shy guitarist Steve Harris has died as the result of a brain tumour.

R.I.P. Steve

“IT IS WITH GREAT REGRET AND SADNESS THAT WE HAVE TO ANNOUNCE THE PASSING OF OUR BELOVED STEVE HARRIS, GUITARIST AND CREATIVE GENIUS BEHIND SHY. STEVE WAS A ERY PRIVATE MAN AND HAD BATTLED A BRAIN TUMOUR SINCE JUNE 2009 AND ONLY THOSE CLOSEST TO THE FAMILY KNEW. A FULL STATEMENT WILL BE ISSUED SHORTLY, LOVE DEBBIE HARRIS AND SHY”

Always loved Shy, and "Excess All Areas" in particular was and still is one of my favorite AOR records. Actually one of the albums that really got me into the AOR genre in the first place.

It's said that it is by THIS reason I'm once again reminded to get the latest Shy CD. Steve Harris was a great underrated guitarist, and songwriter. He can't have been old, can he? Truly sad. R.I.P

Man his shredding on Misspent Youth through that Peavey, was some of the most underrated playing ever! if you listen he laid down some monster chops on that album, they were aiming straight to America saying, listen to this shit! R.I.P. Steve!