Excellent ABBA cover! The dude is awesome!

heavyharmonies

Just got the promo download for this album, "Swedish Hitz Goes Metal" which is all Swedish pop covers (ABBA/Roxette/Ace of Base), done rock/metal style.

Not only is Tommy Reinxeed one BIG motherfucker (puts Meat Loaf to shame) but this boy can flat out SING, damnit! Some seriously impressive range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHc2SdtZxmo&feature=related

And here he is pulling it off live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1IW9zPh4M&feature=related

Not on this album, but a pretty damn good cover of Survivor's Burning Heart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aboKKe6ZwHU&feature=related

And covering Bonnie Tyler's Holding Out for a Hero:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sISBPah38bQ&feature=related

And covering the Spice Girls... :banger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GecO6amHZ18&feature=related

Yeah I love most of the covers, not sure what melodicrock.com took exception to, maybe a bit too heavy. A very good talent. Anyone heard the ReinXeed releases? If so, what are they like?

Yes, very impressive ! Does he have any own releases ?

Reminds me of a cross between Meatloaf and Steve Grimmet.

there is a couple of albums by him on Amazon listed under the name Rein Xeed.

Thanks, mate !

Ok, the guys name is Tommy Johansson and he is 23 years old. Intriguing, so I will try one of his CD's, either "Majestic" or "1912". We will see .........

Ok, that Spice Girls cover is just fucking amazing. I know zero about the Spice Girls, but this version is a pretty damned good song in its own right.

Starting at about 3:40, Tommy hits some notes that Jim Gillette would be proud of...

Musically, this is fantastic; really good, metallized version of a classic pop tune. The other tracks are similarly good. However, I really hate this guy's vocals. Just my personal taste, but they would 100% stop me buying any of his stuff. To me it sounds like he can't carry the big notes and his voice starts to squeal in a really unpleasant way, much as mine would if I tried to hit big notes. I'm no expert and it's just how he sounds to me, not trying to piss anyone off.

• 2 weeks later...

Presume nobody agrees with me about the vocals? I love metal covers of popular songs, but the singing on this grates something rotten.

Sorry man, I don't hear it. Tony's vox are no worse than many other Scandinavian rock/metal lead vocalists. His accent is a bit heavy, but that's certainly nothing new to the scene.

Is it the accent or the timbre/pitch of his vocals that bother you?

Candidly, I'll take his vocals over Udo, Tom Keifer, and all of the "gravelly" lead vocalists every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

EDIT: I see your previous post that it's the high-pitched vocals that you don't like. Since that's his "claim to fame" as it were stylistically, he probably pushes that more than usual, so you notice it more. But how is that any worse than Jim Gillette, Mike Matjevic, Justin Hawkins, or other high-pitched vocalists?... or do those not fit your bill either?

It may be just be a style thing: you don't like high-octave vocals.

-Dan

Sorry man, I don't hear it. Tony's vox are no worse than many other Scandinavian rock/metal lead vocalists. His accent is a bit heavy, but that's certainly nothing new to the scene.

Is it the accent or the timbre/pitch of his vocals that bother you?

Candidly, I'll take his vocals over Udo, Tom Keifer, and all of the "gravelly" lead vocalists every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

EDIT: I see your previous post that it's the high-pitched vocals that you don't like. Since that's his "claim to fame" as it were stylistically, he probably pushes that more than usual, so you notice it more. But how is that any worse than Jim Gillette, Mike Matjevic, Justin Hawkins, or other high-pitched vocalists?... or do those not fit your bill either?

It may be just be a style thing: you don't like high-octave vocals.

-Dan

Not the fact that they are high-pitched, I love Tom Kiefer and others, even Hawkins in small doses I can put up with, it's just that when he hits the big notes, his voice seems to 'crack', it starts to screech/squeal. Justin Hawkins can carry those really high notes, this guy (imo) can't. Very hard to describe what I mean, hope you get some idea of what I'm on about.

I got a bloke at work to listen to one of the songs and the first comment he made was, "well the vocalist can't sing"!

• 1 year later...

I'm liking some of the instrumental interprations on the various song melodies/choruses on this one.

Whether you like his particular vocal style or not, the youngster has some serious skills...

• 2 weeks later...