New Bang Tango album coming

Captain Howdy

Haven't really been interesting in these guys for a while, but when I did hear their last (?) album the 'Ready Set go' or something, it wasn't that bad. I dunno, maybe I'll check this one out... just in case.

the last two BT albums havent been a million miles from the BC sound to be honest, and I really dont expect that to change.

I love both bands, so will be happy whatever band it sounds like.

Haven't really been interesting in these guys for a while, but when I did hear their last (?) album the 'Ready Set go' or something, it wasn't that bad. I dunno, maybe I'll check this one out... just in case.

I believe From the Hip was the last one and the one you said was before that.

I saw them live in 2008 and while they only got to play like five songs they were awesome.

Well these two promos should give an idea of the direction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3uTH4zQ42w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PIjOL_o_cM

I have to say it sounds more like a return to their older style for the most part.

• 1 month later...

Just been going through a few of the recent releases again over the last few days, just to give them all a fair spin (ok, some are getting more spins that others to be honest), and decided to pop this on for what must be the third time I have played it since receiving it. Its got a few modern touches on it like their recent output, but does seem to have more of a classic vibe to it overall.

While I do like all the post Beautiful Creatures albums, none of them as matched either of the BC releases for me, and it leaves me wondering where BC would have gone had they continued. Would they have just recorded the albums released under the BT name or would they have continued with the more modern sounding stuff?

Dick in the system is probably one of the most modern sounding, but a song like Bring on the world sounds like it came straight off of Dancing on coals, and is easily one of the highlights on the disc for me.

Just been going through a few of the recent releases again over the last few days, just to give them all a fair spin (ok, some are getting more spins that others to be honest), and decided to pop this on for what must be the third time I have played it since receiving it. Its got a few modern touches on it like their recent output, but does seem to have more of a classic vibe to it overall.

While I do like all the post Beautiful Creatures albums, none of them as matched either of the BC releases for me, and it leaves me wondering where BC would have gone had they continued. Would they have just recorded the albums released under the BT name or would they have continued with the more modern sounding stuff?

Dick in the system is probably one of the most modern sounding, but a song like Bring on the world sounds like it came straight off of Dancing on coals, and is easily one of the highlights on the disc for me.

I wish DJ Ashba would of stayed with BC and him and Joe would of continued on together since that BC debut was just a classic to me. To bad they were ahead of their time in the middle of all of the rap metal of the early 2000's. If they would of came along a few years ago probably would of went over better. "1 AM" should of been huuuuge. They were even on Ozzfest and went over very well but still couldn't sell any records.

I wish DJ Ashba would of stayed with BC and him and Joe would of continued on together since that BC debut was just a classic to me. To bad they were ahead of their time in the middle of all of the rap metal of the early 2000's. If they would of came along a few years ago probably would of went over better. "1 AM" should of been huuuuge. They were even on Ozzfest and went over very well but still couldn't sell any records.

To be fair, it was the record label that killed their sales.

From memory I seem to remember there was some kind of upper management change at the record label, and they decided even before the album was released that they were gonna get rid of a load of rock bands or something like that, and gave the album zero support.

Had they not had that change, they may have stood a chance as before the album came out, they even put 1am (albeit a very different version) on the soundtrack to the film Valentine, which shows that the label initially was trying to get them some exposure.

To be fair, it was the record label that killed their sales.

From memory I seem to remember there was some kind of upper management change at the record label, and they decided even before the album was released that they were gonna get rid of a load of rock bands or something like that, and gave the album zero support.

Had they not had that change, they may have stood a chance as before the album came out, they even put 1am (albeit a very different version) on the soundtrack to the film Valentine, which shows that the label initially was trying to get them some exposure.

Oh the label did push it at first as you said they put the song on the soundtrack and put them on Ozzfest which was a big deal at the time but for some reason the kids that liked Disturbed and Godsmack didn't get the old school vibe of BC. Sure the label probably could of done more but to me that they were just came out at the wrong time.