REM Disbands....

Dark Star

Not sure if there are many fans of R.E.M. here, but They have officially broken up.. Kinda sad as I kinda liked their music, though I admit to not buying anything by them in over ten years, but still some of their classic stuff is pretty good.....

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/stopthepresses/392260/rem-breakup-has-fans-crying-not-dreaming/

Meh... they had a few decent songs here 'n' there but overall I'd say "good ridn'z"

Good band with a bit of a hit and miss discography, but definitely some good songs and a couple of classic albums in 'Out Of Time' and 'Automatic For The People'.

My bro will be saddened, but me... yeah, gotta agree with Keef. One down, a billion more to go. :lol: For me these guys were about as bland and faceless as it gets.

Huh...I had assumed that they had broken up 15 years ago. :wacko:

Huh...I had assumed that they had broken up 15 years ago. :wacko:

Assumed, or hoped? ;)

I kid. Seriously. To each their own. Their being around has never meant anything to me either way as I just don't acknowledge them, so it doesn't honestly bother me either way if they broke up or not.

My bro will be saddened, but me... yeah, gotta agree with Keef. One down, a billion more to go. :lol: For me these guys were about as bland and faceless as it gets.

Speaking of faces, R.E.M.'s lead singer (Michael Stipe) has one of those faces I would never get tired of punching.

Speaking of faces, R.E.M.'s lead singer (Michael Stipe) has one of those faces I would never get tired of punching.

His whole head is like that, isn't it? I wouldn't mind hitting him in the side of the head too, right in the ear.

Did some nice songs, but far too much of the same thing imo. Agree with Jez about the good albums, especially 'Automatic for the People', which was excellent, but about time they called it quits.

Freddy - if you get your wish, please post a video of it on Youtube! :D

"Y'know what I hate? When musicians think that they're important enough to tell you how you should vote 'n' shit. Like R.E.M.! 'Shiny Happy People?' HOLD IT RIGHT THERE, pull that bus over to the side of the pretentiousness turnpike! I want the Shiny people over here, I want the Happy people over there, I represent the angry, meat eating, gun toting people!" -- Denis Leary.

"Y'know what I hate? When musicians think that they're important enough to tell you how you should vote 'n' shit. Like R.E.M.! 'Shiny Happy People?' HOLD IT RIGHT THERE, pull that bus over to the side of the pretentiousness turnpike! I want the Shiny people over here, I want the Happy people over there, I represent the angry, meat eating, gun toting people!" -- Denis Leary.

Classic!

Leary, that is. Never been a fan of R.E.M. so really could care less.

Classic!

Just great! Love his stand-ups...especially the bit with the voice box in drive thru :)

Classic!

Yeah, I love that bit. My bro and I quote it nearly every time we even hear R.E.M. mentioned.

My brother met Denis Leary at a signing for his book "WHY WE SUCK" a year or two ago. When he got to the signing table, he told Denis that he hated R.E.M. too, and Denis shook his hand and said "Good man!" :rofl: