Anybody getting ready for Irene?

cdjunky41

I've put away anything that might turn into a flying object in high winds (kids' toys, garbage cans, etc.). I'm expecting a sh*tload of rain and not much else.

...though my Jeep died yesterday so maybe if I'm lucky, a tree will topple over onto it and crush it, so I can call my insuracne co. and say 'Dude, storm damage, it's totalled!"

I'm On the East Coast near Boston MA. I'm going to go to work,(I'm the Food Service Director at an Assisted Living Community).

I've put away anything that might turn into a flying object in high winds (kids' toys, garbage cans, etc.). I'm expecting a sh*tload of rain and not much else.

...though my Jeep died yesterday so maybe if I'm lucky, a tree will topple over onto it and crush it, so I can call my insuracne co. and say 'Dude, storm damage, it's totalled!"

That's good Keef. if you do, please delete these posts.. :whistle:

I'm stuck here with my wife and my mum. :doh: I'm waiting for them to take a little cat nap, so I can run upstairs to Club Loft.. :beerbang::party421:

That's good Keef. if you do, please delete these posts.. :whistle:

Pffft. I'll never get that lucky...

got 11 more hours to go here at work, storm is supposed to be at its worst here around dinner time, by then i should be in front of the boob tube watching the storm pass with a cold brewski.

Saturday night was the worst of it. I was drinking and cranking out some Trust :beerbang: . I was actually watching my skylights, until 3 sunday morning. The power did go out at 1.30 in the afternoon and stayed out for 8 hrs. Compared to most, I was one of the lucky ones.

I'm back... sort of...

Hurricane Irene totally kicked Northern New Jersey's ASS. Our power went out around 4:30 AM on Sunday (at the height of the storm) and we didn't get it back till about 5 AM today (Thursday) for Christ's sake!!

I don't have time to give all the gory details now, but after living like a cave man for the past four days I am very glad to be getting back to semi-normalcy... if I have time later I'll tell the rest of the story...

I'm back... sort of...

Hurricane Irene totally kicked Northern New Jersey's ASS. Our power went out around 4:30 AM on Sunday (at the height of the storm) and we didn't get it back till about 5 AM today (Thursday) for Christ's sake!!

I don't have time to give all the gory details now, but after living like a cave man for the past four days I am very glad to be getting back to semi-normalcy... if I have time later I'll tell the rest of the story...

Glad your back Keith, you were definately on my radar...

I'm back... sort of...

glad you pulled through.

keep telling yourself it could have been winter and the temp could have been about 18 and you have no heat.