House Of Lords

Glen

'Livin In A Dream World' is a decent filler, i agree, but 'The Next Time I Hold You' is awesome man, isn't it the typical ballad that House of Lords is big for ? i think one of the best they ever made.

'Blood' is a strong track for me, but maybe because it's too metal on this case for you ? i spotted an 'Enter Sandman' feel to it, the verse isn't as strong as the chorus, but all in all, a pretty great tune.

It was only my first listen, so who knows, 'The Next time I hold you' may grow on me... but just thinking of it in my head... I really doubt it. I found it very bland.

As for 'Blood' - :lol: No mate, definitely not too metal. With the production job on this CD it comes across as heavy as a set of butterfly wings. It's plain and simply the fact that the hook wasn't quite as strong as the 4 songs before it. As I said, though, it's still one of the better songs on the CD. Just not as good as the others I mentioned, imo. :)

but what makes this disc interesting is what one's think of filler, apparently a good/strong track for the other, so basically House of Lords has accomplished something here, it's an album that grows, not an immediate one and probably encompass many type of tastes, and at least they step higher than the prior album. Good thing for em!

but what makes this disc interesting is what one's think of filler, apparently a good/strong track for the other, so basically House of Lords has accomplished something here, it's an album that grows, not an immediate one and probably encompass many type of tastes, and at least they step higher than the prior album. Good thing for em!

What do you think of 'Searchin?' Is my hatred for the song unreasonable to you? ;)

well 'Searchin' is a bit bluesy based on my note, i didn't notice the drumming, but i think i'm okay and probably not the weakest, i'm still waiting for my disc, probably arrived in a week, i'll give this album another proper run.

How about track #10, 'Seven', isn't it a bit average ? :popcorn:

What do you think of 'Searchin?' Is my hatred for the song unreasonable to you? ;)

Very average song, but then so are a few others on this. Love the style/sound change back to the bombastic (if slightly under-produced) AOR rather than the generic/bland straight-ahead rock from that that last shit-house disc, but still hoping they crank the consistency back up to somewhere near "Demon's Down" levels of minimal fillers...

Not a good start when an album begins with a very average song about money. To this date, I'm still pretty sure that Tesla are the only band to make a good song concerning money... and I'll give Bulletboys a shout out too. Otherwise, any and all songs about money are always shit... as is this one.

Err these are pretty great IMO

Dirty Rhythm - Waiting For The Money

Dynazty - Mr Money

Pretty Maids - Who Said Money

The great title track off the Covered Call album 'Money Never Sleeps'

One fresh in my mind is 'Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is' by WET.....man this kicked so much arse at Firefest it wasnt right. Just AWESOME!!!

One you wont like, but I LOVE is AC/DC 'Honey what you do for money'....brilliant track IMO. One of THE AC/DC tracks.

Thats just off the top of my head....sure there are few others.....lol!!

Not a good start when an album begins with a very average song about money. To this date, I'm still pretty sure that Tesla are the only band to make a good song concerning money... and I'll give Bulletboys a shout out too. Otherwise, any and all songs about money are always shit... as is this one.

Dynazty - Mr Money

One fresh in my mind is 'Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is' by WET.....man this kicked so much arse at Firefest it wasnt right. Just AWESOME!!!

One you wont like, but I LOVE is AC/DC 'Honey what you do for money'....brilliant track IMO. One of THE AC/DC tracks.

I think if I recall correctly you might be right with the Dirty Rhythm song. Can't remember any of the others off the top of my head (which is not a good thing) except, of course, the Pretty Maids song. And I do stand corrected. That song kicks ass.

As for the WET song, yep, you guessed it. Like I said at the time (probably including a similar rant about how shit money songs are) that was the one and only filler on that WET CD. Shithouse song amongst gems.

Dynazty - Mr Money

I think if I recall correctly you might be right with the Dirty Rhythm song. Can't remember any of the others off the top of my head (which is not a good thing) except, of course, the Pretty Maids song. And I do stand corrected. That song kicks ass.

As for the WET song, yep, you guessed it. Like I said at the time (probably including a similar rant about how shit money songs are) that was the one and only filler on that WET CD. Shithouse song amongst gems.

ho ho ho, sometimes you really make me laugh. One of the THE best songs played at Firefest 2011.....just awesome song and delivered with so much power and commitment. Put a lot of other bands to shame. JSS is a monster on this song.

Loving 'Someday When'; good song with a great guitar solo, definitely one for iTunes. Can't listen to more than 30 seconds of 'Hologram' or 'First To Cry' online, both sound promising, but I'm not sure whether to spend the princely sum of 79p each on those two...

Dynazty - Mr Money

ho ho ho, sometimes you really make me laugh. One of the THE best songs played at Firefest 2011.....just awesome song and delivered with so much power and commitment. Put a lot of other bands to shame. JSS is a monster on this song.

Did they play the song with an entirely new arrangement? ;) Sorry mate, but it was an obvious dud on the CD, I thought.

Dynazty - Mr Money

JSS & W.E.T rocked the venue, wonder if JSS will rturn to Firefest as a solo artist or with a band now that he's living in London.

Dynazty - Mr Money

JSS & W.E.T rocked the venue, wonder if JSS will rturn to Firefest as a solo artist or with a band now that he's living in London.

either will do for me...what an awesome live artist he is. My bets are that they will try to entice WET back with headline Friday night slot. But with a new album from JSS solo in 2012 that would be great too - it is about time they gave him a headline tho - so deserves it.

IMO it should have been a straight swap of Warrant for WET this year. Augeri was so weak, and the new material was pants truth be told.