ABOUT TIME for fantasy football 2011

66 mustang

My team is by far the worst team I've ever had. Thanks a lot auto draft!

When your best player is Fred Jackson you have problems.

Going into tonight(I have McFaden and Kyle Orton) I have no Touchdowns from any of my receivers or running backs. WTF???

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heart Tom Brady... I'll leave it at that for now... ;)

Yeah, I bet. who saw that coming or who saw Cam Newton coming. will be interesting to see what happenes when they get a good gamefilm on him. ride him for a week or two then I bet he is shut down and looks like Jimmy Clausen

A closer look at the AZ - Carolina game will show you that about 170 of Cam's yards came after "questionable" penalties on the Cardinals which prolonged 3 Carolina Drives. Newton was also sacked 5 times and tossed a 4 yard pass on 4th down when they needed 5 yards for a first down and 6 yards for a tying TD with under a minute left in the game. Yes.. on paper Cam's numbers look good, but I wouldn't count on that happening again this year.

Yeah, I bet. who saw that coming or who saw Cam Newton coming. will be interesting to see what happenes when they get a good gamefilm on him. ride him for a week or two then I bet he is shut down and looks like Jimmy Clausen

A closer look at the AZ - Carolina game will show you that about 170 of Cam's yards came after "questionable" penalties on the Cardinals which prolonged 3 Carolina Drives. Newton was also sacked 5 times and tossed a 4 yard pass on 4th down when they needed 5 yards for a first down and 6 yards for a tying TD with under a minute left in the game. Yes.. on paper Cam's numbers look good, but I wouldn't count on that happening again this year.

PUT UP those numbers again against the PACKERS. I'm not saying he is Elway but what he has done in the first 2 weeks is crazy.

Im so glad you have Tom Brady while I'm stuck with Kyle Orton and Jay Cutler.

Thank you auto draft!

I'm trying to trade you Sam Bradford but I'm also trying to get Fitzpatrick or Stafford to trade you for one of your WR's but so far no one wants to trade.

I have just a few thought I want to get out there.

Love or Hate the PAT's, Tom Brady may be the best QB to ever play the game. I've got to put him up in the top 5 easy. What he has done is just amazing. he doesn't always have the best stats. he doesn't every have HOF guys catching the ball or running the ball. Who are yout best QB in history? about ALL of them have HOF guys catching the balls he is throwing. Brady had Moss for a season and a half? Dude is just amazing with what he does.

Jay Cutler - I feel for this guy. there isn't a QB out there that takes more abuse on the field than this. How Lovie Smith can allow a line that can't even block is beyond me. Over 50 sacks last year (wonder how many hits) and already 11 sacks in 2 games. dude has talent but getting hit that much will make anyone look bad.

Rex Grossman - looks to be an ok starter so far. If he can get rid of Bad Rex he can be a solid QB.

Will the real Ravens and Steelers stand up? Ravens looked like world beaters week 1 against the Steelers then let the Titans beat them. Steelers look like super bowl loser hangover. are they going to be ok?

Holdouts don't work out like you expect - Chris Johnson has done nothing so far. I can see a 180 yard game coming, but I said it last year. When you run for 2000 yards you get used up.

A whole lot of injuries that have ended seasons so far? because of the lock out?

Sam Bradford will have a season like Kyle Orton had last year.

Tebow will start at sometime this year at QB. the Cam Newton numbers will push it harder than ever. "if Cam can do it why can't Tebow have a chance?" will be the cry.

Why didn't I pick up that TE in Washington?????

Dexter McCluster will do great for me in fantasy because he is listed as WR/RB so I will be able to plug a running back in a wide out spot. RB's pull in way more points that WR on a consistant basis.

Romo came back in WK 2 for a massave image upgrade.

Cam Newton - wow, I just wonder what happens in a couple more games after teams get film on him? will he be shut down or will he learn more about playing QB and keep up what he is doing?

I said before the draft Stafford will be a top 10 QB if he stays healty. I should have drafted him!!!!! :aw:

There isn't much left in free agency in this 14 team league. wow, slim pickings out there.

Arian Foster can sit the whole season, I have Ben Tate in a couple other leagues, just not this one we are in :angry2:

Plax and Chad Johnson are not doing what I expected them to do

The Seahawks are as bad as I expected.

Texans and Cowbosy "D" have improved

I expected the Detroit Lions to contend for a playoff spot but they may just win the NFC North.

I like the the "record book" tab in fantasy football now.

My team is by far the worst team I've ever had. Thanks a lot auto draft!

When your best player is Fred Jackson you have problems.

Going into tonight(I have McFaden and Kyle Orton) I have no Touchdowns from any of my receivers or running backs. WTF???

Fred Jackson - isn't he the #1 rusher so far through week 2?

My QB's suck. I guess I'll start Orton but Cutler is not a good option either.

Orton would of been great last year but with Fox coaching it's going to be run run run run run run.

man there isn't much out there. Alex Smith or you could gamble and pick up Blaine Gabbart getting ready to make his first start. John Kitna a pick up incase Romo is out.

Orton would of been great last year but with Fox coaching it's going to be run run run run run run.

looks like you get your first win today

Yup I'm in pretty good position by the looks of it.

You've tempted me with your trade offers a couple of times with Bradford but I don't know if I'm ready to give up on Orton quite yet.

you are having a time in the QB dept. looks like Orton is going to have a big game. Hey, if it makes you feel better you have a stable of RB's. Rivers has been killing me and I don't have a big RB since Mendenhall is flopping like a fish out of water ths year.

you are having a time in the QB dept. looks like Orton is going to have a big game. Hey, if it makes you feel better you have a stable of RB's. Rivers has been killing me and I don't have a big RB since Mendenhall is flopping like a fish out of water ths year.

I f'd up n benched orton for cutler. It will cost me a win.

Whew... you wouldn't guess from the score, but Jets defense saved my ass this week! :banger:

yeah, isnt' that crazy. 51 points scored in the game and only 7 by an offensive team.

Me and you next week. me and you!

I'm ready! I'm just a little worried that I've got Brady/Welker going up against my NYJ Defense... I don't know who to root for... :(

• 2 weeks later...

It's Tebow Time. I just about picked him up Sunday morning and was going to stash him away. I figured it was getting close, if the Bronco's didn't start doing any better, for Tebow to get a chance. I drafted him and dropped him a few weeks later. I'm kicking myself. last year in his 3 starts he was a top 10 QB and just playing 1/2 a game last week he was a top 20 QB. I know I'm going to watch him. I pull for the guy but I know it is going to be hard for him. he isn't the coaches guy. isn't Elways guy so he will have to be pure magic to really get a fair shake. One thing you can see, when he plays QB he is electric. he brings a spark. He isn't going to throw for 300 yards and 4 TD but what he will do is throw for 180, run for another 60 and have at least 2 TD's. week in and week out. Yep, I'll be watching Tebow in a couple weeks to cheer him on and prove everyone wrong (i hope) Hey, this is coming from a Tennessee Vol fan so Tebow beat up on my college team every year but the guy is such a positive roll model and everyone says he is such a great person I can't help but pull for him.

• 1 month later...

Whew... you wouldn't guess from the score, but Jets defense saved my ass this week! :banger:

yeah, isnt' that crazy. 51 points scored in the game and only 7 by an offensive team.

Me and you next week. me and you!

I'm ready! I'm just a little worried that I've got Brady/Welker going up against my NYJ Defense... I don't know who to root for... :(

looks like you are going to win the regular season. looks like I'm playing in the losers bracket unnless something crazy happens next week.

thanks everone that has played this year

I'm not doing any fantasy sports this year so I'm just throwing this out there, this year I am actually having more fun watching my co-worker do his fantasy football stuff than I ever had playing ff. He stresses all week about the whole "should I play him/should I sit him??" routine and then constantly makes the same bad moves I was always making. Oh, and watching football on the weekends is now a heck of a lot more enjoyable as well. :beerbang:

I'm not doing any fantasy sports this year so I'm just throwing this out there, this year I am actually having more fun watching my co-worker do his fantasy football stuff than I ever had playing ff. He stresses all week about the whole "should I play him/should I sit him??" routine and then constantly makes the same bad moves I was always making. Oh, and watching football on the weekends is now a heck of a lot more enjoyable as well. :beerbang:

What do you mean Rick? A stress free Sunday of Football? Aren't you Vikings fan? No such thing! LOL!

What do you mean Rick? A stress free Sunday of Football? Aren't you Vikings fan? No such thing! LOL!

Yeah that's been a little tough. :taz: Over the years I've just decided the best route is to hope for the best and expect the worst.

Yeah that's been a little tough. :taz: Over the years I've just decided the best route is to hope for the best and expect the worst.

Smart man :party421:

I don't know, there's some high scorers out there, but I won't lie, it's been a good year. Between Brady, McCoy and Lynch alone I get like 150 points or so every week it seems... good times, no complaints here, lol!