Bone Machine

66 mustang

I searched and the only topic for this band was a "want to get" thread. So, here goes. what do you all think of this band? I gotta say I really enjoyed the first cd. Dogs gave me the needed sound of those classic D2 albums. I also have the live cd and at one point in time I had the live VHS. man, do I wish I still had that. It was very low budget filming but still worth having. what are your fav songs? Missing you is one that sticks out a lot as well as See The Light.

Two very good studio albums, with Ted still at his vocal prime. I did own the live album, but really couldn't find a reason to justify keeping it, so it went. Like any live album of a good band it was decent, but I'd never bother spinning it after the first time.

Essential tracks for me are:

(From 'Dogs'):

'Think of U'

'Life and Times'

'Missing You'

'Mrs. Frankenstein'

'Don't Mean Shit'

And 'Believe in your heart' would be next in line.

(From 'Disappearing Inc.'):

'Lately'

'Anisha'

And the valid reworkings of the songs on the debut.

A few of their songs - sadly a lot of the best ones from 'Dogs' - did drag on pointlessly towards the end, but there was really some great stuff on the two discs. In all honesty, they probably could have waited and just recorded the one full disc of great songs, editing stuff like 'Life and times' and 'Don't mean shit' to just feature the actual songs without the bullshit, but they're 2 CDs well worth having anyway.

I like both studio albums, and the live album is worth having for the studio track, See the light, which is one of my fave songs by them.

Off of Dogs I'd certainly pick my faves as Think of you & Believe in your heart. And from DI I'd go with Missing you (prefer this version) & Man alive.

I dont think there are any bad songs on their albums, but those were certainly the standouts for me.

Have to say, I always used to laugh at the cover of the live album as the tank was running over the monkey from the cover of Screw it, which was certainly Ted giving a big FU to D2 at the time.

Two very good studio albums, with Ted still at his vocal prime. I did own the live album, but really couldn't find a reason to justify keeping it, so it went. Like any live album of a good band it was decent, but I'd never bother spinning it after the first time.

Essential tracks for me are:

(From 'Dogs'):

'Think of U'

'Life and Times'

'Missing You'

'Mrs. Frankenstein'

'Don't Mean Shit'

And 'Believe in your heart' would be next in line.

(From 'Disappearing Inc.'):

'Lately'

'Anisha'

And the valid reworkings of the songs on the debut.

A few of their songs - sadly a lot of the best ones from 'Dogs' - did drag on pointlessly towards the end, but there was really some great stuff on the two discs. In all honesty, they probably could have waited and just recorded the one full disc of great songs, editing stuff like 'Life and times' and 'Don't mean shit' to just feature the actual songs without the bullshit, but they're 2 CDs well worth having anyway.

You forgot Man Alive,The Only Ones, Shell Shocked and The Song. Great album and the production is way above the debut which sounded like shit but had awesome songs. Great band...would have loved to heard more from them.

• 2 weeks later...

man, the lyrics "hindsight can be 20/20. looking back it all seems so clear" has been stuck in my head all day. I thought it was a Danger Danger song so I was trying to go through them and thought, maybe it is Bone Machine. finally I found it. those 2 lines were all that I could think of as lyrics, so those 2 lines drove me crazy today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6c1VxRuRYc

I just grabbed a mint copy of Dogs from Amazon for like $7. Dis. Inc goes for decent money these days but I found a good copy on Amamzon for $16...unfortunately the seller has not shipped and doesn't reply to emails so I suppose I will start over. Wish I still had my Japan Press from years back :(

I just grabbed a mint copy of Dogs from Amazon for like $7. Dis. Inc goes for decent money these days but I found a good copy on Amamzon for $16...unfortunately the seller has not shipped and doesn't reply to emails so I suppose I will start over. Wish I still had my Japan Press from years back :(

My dissapearing Inc is in good condition except for when Ted signed it last year he drew a plane flying into each of the twin towers and I about shit when he did it. I don't plan on ever selling it and I guees it's one of a kind. It also says "To Wes, oops my ESP strikes again". I'm assuming he must of got shit for having those falling down on the cover 5 years before it actually happened.

I think its on Wikipedia, it points out that the album cover was eerily prophetic.

It may have even been why the album got deleted.

Not as bad as the Dream Theater live scenes from NY disc that had them on fire and I think that one came out the day of or a week before 9/11.

My dissapearing Inc is in good condition except for when Ted signed it last year he drew a plane flying into each of the twin towers and I about shit when he did it. I don't plan on ever selling it and I guees it's one of a kind. It also says "To Wes, oops my ESP strikes again". I'm assuming he must of got shit for having those falling down on the cover 5 years before it actually happened.

I remember that, funny as hell when he did that!

I just picked up the live Bone Machine cd yesterday on Amazon. I had some credit card points built up so it ended up costing me $1.30 total.

I remember that, funny as hell when he did that!

I just picked up the live Bone Machine cd yesterday on Amazon. I had some credit card points built up so it ended up costing me $1.30 total.

It's awesome how they allow you to use those points on there. :party421:

How do you do it? I should have a fuckload of 'em.

The Amazon points? I have the Chase Amazon card and up until a couple weeks ago the only way you could redeem them was to go thru the credit card company. But suddenly Amazon now has the points listed and when you are checking out there should be an option to use your points when you are choosing payment method.

It's nice because at work when we need to order printer ink or other office supplies I just put it on my Amazon card, the boss cuts me a check when it arrives and I keep the points. :beerbang:

How do you do it? I should have a fuckload of 'em.

The Amazon points? I have the Chase Amazon card and up until a couple weeks ago the only way you could redeem them was to go thru the credit card company. But suddenly Amazon now has the points listed and when you are checking out there should be an option to use your points when you are choosing payment method.

It's nice because at work when we need to order printer ink or other office supplies I just put it on my Amazon card, the boss cuts me a check when it arrives and I keep the points. :beerbang:

Sweet, I will check it out. Thanks! :beerbang: