Toby Hitchcock - Mercury's Down

Glen

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this will sound less POL i guess because Erik Martensson is behind the songwriting engine hence the euro-sound of it (don't know if Jim Peterik involved in couple of songs inside?), but it's totally great based on the two songs there, still premature to say but could be great enough to contend WoA and Lionville for the top AOR position at the end of year :guitbannana:

this will sound less POL i guess because Erik Martensson is behind the songwriting engine hence the euro-sound of it (don't know if Jim Peterik involved in couple of songs inside?), but it's totally great based on the two songs there, still premature to say but could be great enough to contend WoA and Lionville for the top AOR position at the end of year :guitbannana:

AFAIK, none of the Jim's ( Jamison & Peterik ) are involved in any way with Toby's album. That said, the next Jimi Jamison album will be another Erik Martensen masterpeice, he's working on the songs as I'm writing this I guess. I guess Jimi's solo album should be out in 2012.

AFAIK, none of the Jim's ( Jamison & Peterik ) are involved in any way with Toby's album. That said, the next Jimi Jamison album will be another Erik Martensen masterpeice, he's working on the songs as I'm writing this I guess. I guess Jimi's solo album should be out in 2012.

yup i heard about it, if we're lucky, Jimi's album could be out by the end of this year, just like Vega did a suprise last year :D

the Martin brothers, Robert Sall, and Eric Martensson are among the very best songwriting machines out there, don't know what food are they eating :christmas:

yup i heard about it, if we're lucky, Jimi's album could be out by the end of this year, just like Vega did a suprise last year :D

Wasnt a surprise for me mate, I plugged that album for months before it was released.

• 4 weeks later...

Not too impressed with those samples, but will probably end up buying this anyway. Are Pride of Lions done as a band/duo? Anyone know?

P.O.L are not done yet AFAIK, seems there'll be some gigs for the band in 2012 & hopefully a new album.

Yeah should be a new POL album next year - hope its back to the debut and not as cheesy as the last one.

As for this solo album, from what ive read of people that have heard the whole thing, its supposed to be pretty stunning - much more WET than POL. Expectations are high.....very high.

I don't think Hitchcock's album sounds that different from POL myself. I loved POL and would love to hear a new disc from them this year too. Unlike Glen though I hope it's nothing like their debut!

I don't think Hitchcock's album sounds that different from POL myself. I loved POL and would love to hear a new disc from them this year too. Unlike Glen though I hope it's nothing like their debut!

have u heard it??

have u heard it??

Only two full songs ("This is the Moment" and the title-track). Is more straight-ahead than latter POL stuff (more like the style on their debut), but it does sound pretty awesome...

He has such an awesome voice, I just really hope there aren't as many ballads as there are on the POL albums. There's almost a ballad for every up tempo song, which is far too much for me!

He has such an awesome voice, I just really hope there aren't as many ballads as there are on the POL albums. There's almost a ballad for every up tempo song, which is far too much for me!

from what ive read there are NO ballads. Which is just fine by me.......

And the second half of the album is supposed to be some pretty rocky stuff. Much heavier than Pride of Lions.

from what ive read there are NO ballads. Which is just fine by me.......

And the second half of the album is supposed to be some pretty rocky stuff. Much heavier than Pride of Lions.

OK, now I am officially excited about this one!

i thought from the two songs posted earlier, one of em is ballad? but i don't mind 2 or 3 ballads, though i do prefer more rocking stuff, can't wait to hear this one, i bet Erik Martensson strike high again

It sounds pretty good but I'm still quite convinced this won't reach POL heights... Jim Peterik is probably the best AOR songwriter in the world so for granted the material is not gonna be as strong, we already know that. But I have pre-ordered this and I'm ready to change my mind.

It sounds pretty good but I'm still quite convinced this won't reach POL heights... Jim Peterik is probably the best AOR songwriter in the world so for granted the material is not gonna be as strong, we already know that. But I have pre-ordered this and I'm ready to change my mind.

To early to tell but it is MUCH heavier than POL. This isn't really AOR - more MHR especially on the second half. The POL debut is great and will wlways be a special album but this is great too.

Wow, those two songs are both pretty stunning. They sure as hell single-handedly destroy anything POL ever managed to record.

Who knows, this one might actually live up to the hype it's been getting? :)

Wow, those two songs are both pretty stunning. They sure as hell single-handedly destroy anything POL ever managed to record.

Who knows, this one might actually live up to the hype it's been getting? :)

Every song is virtually of the same quality....a small dip here and there but excellent throughout.

Another great song. I can see this album will kick my ass. Gorgeous girl too - though I'm not actually quite sure what she's meant to be doing. And I don't think she is either. :lol: Glad they put her in the filmclip to combat the dreaded no-microphone awkward lead singer moments.