HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN - The Movie

zacharyamelie

Ha! I just watched the preview (in mute) and two things:

1. Looks absolutely dreadful.

2. What's up with the amount of gore shown in the trailer? Is that a made-for-internet trailer? It's not the official one, is it? :lol: That was pretty hardcore as far as trailers go.

And awful.

I've got a feeling Freddy's gonna want to see this one.

:rofl: You know me too well.

Love the old-school '70s style poster art, and Rutger Hauer is always fun to watch even when the movie he's in sucks. Hell yeah, I'd watch this.

According to IMDb, this flick is a spin-off from Tarantino/Rodriguez's "Grindhouse" from a few years ago, like "Machete" it was originally one of the "fake trailers" shown in between "Planet Terror" and "Death Proof" during that film... which reminds me, I still have to get hold of a copy of "Grindhouse" dammit! I've been dyin' to see that one but haven't gotten around to it!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I believe I watched Grindhouse opening night. I knew it wasn't a good sign when the theater was only 2/3rds full. I thought it was an interesting movie. Planet Terror was the best part. Death Proof started off kind of cool, but quickly faded. The fake movie trailers were the best part, although some of them were just wrong. I'm surprised that no one is talking about Drive Angry. That movie is in the same arena as Grindhouse.

• 2 months later...

"Hobo" came out on DVD this past week, I believe... time to start keeping an eye on that RedBox machine!! :bigboom:

"Hobo" came out on DVD this past week, I believe... time to start keeping an eye on that RedBox machine!! :bigboom:

I saw this a couple months ago when it hit pay per view. It's kind of a one-time watch, but it's pretty funny in parts and downright gory pretty much the whole way through.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Got a previously-viewed DVD of this puppy for $7 today at Walgreens! :bananamac:

Got a previously-viewed DVD of this puppy for $7 today at Walgreens! :bananamac:

Yeah it's so bad it's good. I love the beginning with the guy that plays Ricky from the Trailer Park Boys series. That guy cracks me up anyway and to see what happens to him (he's the guy in the manhole) is hilarious.

"Hobo" is the subject of my latest "It Came From the Bargain Bin" B-Movie review...

http://hubpages.com/t/30b93c