BAD CITY

Wow - have you guys picked up Bad City's cd? KILLER SHIT! Atlantic should be doing a LOT more for this band and they should be all over the radio. They are like a brand new Skid Row with the excellent dual axe attack and those massive choruses. Man , I know there's killer shit like Pretty Maids and Treat with awesome 2010 releases but as far as I'm concerned , the 2 best U.S. Hard Rock bands right now are Bad City and Loveblast.

Opinions?

Okay, I'm intrigued now. Are Bad City actually American? They sure don't sound it, and by the looks of the band member names on the inserts they didn't look it either... Anyway, agreed. Great disc.

Just had a quick search and yep, they're from Chicago. Amazing, I always thought the lead singer had an accent from European descent.

Also I noticed they formed from the ashes of Powerspace, a modern rock band I have in my collection - 'Kicks of Passion' is the CD. I will have to re-spin that to recall what the situation was there. If it's there it means I must have liked it. I think it had a few great songs and a heap of duds. Definitely nothing like Bad City.

Are those two bonus tracks (Don't Stop and War on Love) available on a cd version or only Itunes?

download only i think. 'War On Love' is excellent tho so worth downloading.

• 1 year later...
  • My Little Pony

I still play this all the f*cking time! I'm really excited for their future. "Don't Stop" has got to be my favourite track, but, really, not a single one gets skipped, ever.

I still play this all the f*cking time! I'm really excited for their future. "Don't Stop" has got to be my favourite track, but, really, not a single one gets skipped, ever.

I was also very excited for their next release until I found out their lead singer quit/was fired. That kind of puts a damper on things. :(

I just ordered the Japanese version of Welcome To The Wasteland with the two bonus tracks. Easily one of the best releases in 2010 IMO.

Anyone know if they are still active and have real plans for a 2nd disc? Surely it's a little overdue now. :(

• My Little Pony

I was also very excited for their next release until I found out their lead singer quit/was fired. That kind of puts a damper on things. :(

I just ordered the Japanese version of Welcome To The Wasteland with the two bonus tracks. Easily one of the best releases in 2010 IMO.

Are you serious? That's that bullshit we be talkin' about. Do you know if he's moved on to a other band already? This seriously pisses me off. How can you tell me this shit on a Friday? Son of a bitch.

But, yeah, one of the best of 2010. I need to track down a Japanese copy, too. While "War On Love" is generally the favourite of the two, I prefer "Don't Stop."

Are you serious? That's that bullshit we be talkin' about. Do you know if he's moved on to a other band already? This seriously pisses me off. How can you tell me this shit on a Friday? Son of a bitch.

But, yeah, one of the best of 2010. I need to track down a Japanese copy, too. While "War On Love" is generally the favourite of the two, I prefer "Don't Stop."

The only track I don't care for is "Look Out!". Otherwise I think every track is great including the bonus tracks.

I have been trying to figure out what is up with the band. What I heard is they kicked the lead singer out of the band. And then I hear the band has completely broken up. HOWEVER, if you follow the (former) lead singer Josh Caddy on facebook or twitter, he still talks like he's in the band. And he re-tweets recent things from the supposed Bad City twitter page, but when you go to Bad City's twitter page, they haven't posted a tweet since December of last year. Very strange.

• My Little Pony

The only track I don't care for is "Look Out!". Otherwise I think every track is great including the bonus tracks.

I have been trying to figure out what is up with the band. What I heard is they kicked the lead singer out of the band. And then I hear the band has completely broken up. HOWEVER, if you follow the (former) lead singer Josh Caddy on facebook or twitter, he still talks like he's in the band. And he re-tweets recent things from the supposed Bad City twitter page, but when you go to Bad City's twitter page, they haven't posted a tweet since December of last year. Very strange.

Dammit, boys! You're s'posed to emulate the SOUND of the eighties hard rock bands, not the f*cking DRAMA!!

Bad City formed from the ashes of the band Powerspace. Apparently, several songs from their unreleased 2nd cd American Machine turned up on Bad City's debut with Josh Caddy replacing original singer Alec Cyganowski's vocals.

Ironically enough, Cyganowski returned to front Bad City when Caddy got the boot but his ex Powerspace mates drummer Kevin Kane and main songwriter/guitarist Tom Schleiter have both left the band now. The absolutepunk.net forum mentions Caddy being charged with two counts of criminal sexual assault which is why the band severed all ties with him.

If this is true, I doubt we'll be hearing from him for awhile. You can check out his former band Thee Armada though. Can't recall being too impressed by them myself.

Looks like one great disc is all we'll get outta Bad City.

Bad City formed from the ashes of the band Powerspace. Apparently, several songs from their unreleased 2nd cd American Machine turned up on Bad City's debut with Josh Caddy replacing original singer Alec Cyganowski's vocals.

Ironically enough, Cyganowski returned to front Bad City when Caddy got the boot but his ex Powerspace mates drummer Kevin Kane and main songwriter/guitarist Tom Schleiter have both left the band now. The absolutepunk.net forum mentions Caddy being charged with two counts of criminal sexual assault which is why the band severed all ties with him.

If this is true, I doubt we'll be hearing from him for awhile. You can check out his former band Thee Armada though. Can't recall being too impressed by them myself.

Looks like one great disc is all we'll get outta Bad City.

THAT SUCKS!!!

• My Little Pony

Did some research myself to confirm. It kinda makes me feel like shit, especially after reading an interview he did with Rock Eyez explaining how well he and the band were bonding. This is just terrible. I haven't heard the "new" vocalist, but he won't compare.