Accept

Faron

I`m going through a phase of playing Accept albums at the moment, can`t stop playing them.

Pretty much everything through to Russian Roulette, not heard anything after.

Does anyone know where I can get Objection Overruled from for cheap or trade as I won`t pay much for cd`s nowadays?

Any replies would be appreciated.

Or you can get the Jap version off this guy in Greece (his feedback looks good)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ACCEPT-OBJECTION-OVERRULED-ORG-1993-JAPAN-CD-1-OBI-/250759294394?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item3a626b2dba

OBJECTION OVERRULED is worth whatever price you pay for it. That album rules. One of the best "comeback" CDs by any band, ever.

Their new one BLOOD OF THE NATIONS is a damn fine piece o'work too. Shoot, now that I think about it, that album means they've had TWO of the best comeback albums ever!! Who'da thunk? :blink:

I picked up Objection Overruled for very cheap recently but can't remember where. I've played it a few times and it's good but I wouldn't call it great, well not as great as the early stuff anyway. I'm one of those weird guys that loves the Reece album even though most don't consider it Accept but in name only but I think it's excellent. I also love everything from Restless n Wild, Balls, Metal Heart and Russian Roulette. And as Keef said the new one is F@#king awesome.

I picked up Objection Overruled for very cheap recently but can't remember where. I've played it a few times and it's good but I wouldn't call it great, well not as great as the early stuff anyway. I'm one of those weird guys that loves the Reece album even though most don't consider it Accept but in name only but I think it's excellent. I also love everything from Restless n Wild, Balls, Metal Heart and Russian Roulette. And as Keef said the new one is F@#king awesome.

If that's weird, then paint me in on that canvas because Accept have one of the highest turnover rates of all bands in my collection. I've owned and sold/traded so many of their CDs through the years and only one remains - 'Eat the Heat.' :)

If that's weird, then paint me in on that canvas because Accept have one of the highest turnover rates of all bands in my collection. I've owned and sold/traded so many of their CDs through the years and only one remains - 'Eat the Heat.' :)

I say that because most of the Accept diehards hated that album since it was more melodic and radio friendly than what had come before plus UDO is held in such high esteem that they could of replaced him with some vocal god like Rob Halford and it still wouldn't of mattered.

Wes, if you`re not a completist and only want top quality stuff in your collection, then I`ll gladly take it off your hands :whistle::tumbsup:

I used to have all the classic Accept albums but stopped playing them, consequently ending with me selling them.

I regret it and I`m playing them alot lately so I need to acquire them again plus the one`s I don`t know.

Wes, if you`re not a completist and only want top quality stuff in your collection, then I`ll gladly take it off your hands :whistle::tumbsup:

I used to have all the classic Accept albums but stopped playing them, consequently ending with me selling them.

I regret it and I`m playing them alot lately so I need to acquire them again plus the one`s I don`t know.

Sorry I'm not wanting to part with it but if I ever decide to I'll let you know. I do need to spin it again though.

Sorry I'm not wanting to part with it but if I ever decide to I'll let you know. I do need to spin it again though.

Don`t blame you mate, I`ll find it somewhere, I`m tempted to order all their other albums now but worried my wife will moan at me :hammer:

One of my fave bands but like Faron I never bothered after Russian Roulette, odd, all my stuff is on vinyl - I still have my original 1979 s/t on the Brain label that I bought that year. I went to Canada for 3 months in 1980 and because I'm a Rebel was being released while I was away I asked a mate to get it for me...haha! I saw them support Priest in support of their Breaker album...ace. I didn't even realise they were support, all the ads said a band called Attack(who?) were support and they started the set with Starlight and I was thinking "bloody hell this is a rip of of someone" and then Udo strode on (pre war fatigues this!) and I went apeshit. I nearly got thrown out by security for standing on my chair haha! I spent half the set shouting for "Son of a Bitch" which got played...top!

Anyway, no idea why I never got any CD's or bothered with anything after RR? Odd sod that I am!

One of my fave bands but like Faron I never bothered after Russian Roulette, odd, all my stuff is on vinyl - I still have my original 1979 s/t on the Brain label that I bought that year. I went to Canada for 3 months in 1980 and because I'm a Rebel was being released while I was away I asked a mate to get it for me...haha! I saw them support Priest in support of their Breaker album...ace. I didn't even realise they were support, all the ads said a band called Attack(who?) were support and they started the set with Starlight and I was thinking "bloody hell this is a rip of of someone" and then Udo strode on (pre war fatigues this!) and I went apeshit. I nearly got thrown out by security for standing on my chair haha! I spent half the set shouting for "Son of a Bitch" which got played...top!

Anyway, no idea why I never got any CD's or bothered with anything after RR? Odd sod that I am!

I remember my cousin going to see Priest on this tour and moaning about Accept being a complete rip off, to which I disgreed then amd now.

That would have been a nice surprise for you Nick with not knowing they were playing!

Accept was one of the first bands I listened to when I first got into MHR an Heavy metal. I rated them one of the best for many years. Then a couple of years ago I stopped listening to them. Sudddenly I couldn't stand UDO's voice anymore. Strange!!!

But then last year it all came back to me again. I bought Restless a, Metal heart and Russian remasters together with the live album. And they magic was still there. I think they have done some of the best Heavy metal songs out there. On par with the mighty Prist. These two play in there own league when it comes to true heay metal IMO.

Geoff, I have allways loved the Eat the heat album but I don't really rate it as a pure Accept album. It's sad that the production job on this isn't the greatest. The drum sound are really bad. But you can live with that with the fantastic songs on the album. And Reese deos a hell of a job too.

I think Predator is a fairly good album as well. It has some fillers but some really good ones as well. Run through the night is spectacular,,,

:party421::party421:

That would have been a nice surprise for you Nick with not knowing they were playing!

My mate knew they were on but didn't tell me! Crazy thing was I didn't even notice their T-Shirts for sale in the foyer, I grabbed one at the interval!!!

Bought 'Restless & Wild' as it was deemed to be a metal classic, but I could never get into it. The songs didn't really do much for me and I don't like Udo's vocals. Last year's album was okay and 'Eat The Heat' is the best of theirs for me, but even that wasn't a keeper.

I just replayed the 'Objection Overruled' disc and maybe I overlooked it a little as it is a damn good metal album. Again not quite as good as the glory days but for 1992 it's pretty f@#king good especially the first 7 songs. :headbanger:

You should start with the "breaker" cd...

Any particular tracks?

Look if you don't like Udo's voice (or similars) you will never like classic albums like "metal heart" or "balls to the wall". Concerning the Breaker cd is one of my favorites & there are tracks where's Udo's vocals are not harsh.

The top classic for me is "Midnight Highway". After that the s/t "breaker", "Run If you can" the 2 awesome ballads "Can't stand the night" & "breaking up again".

The other songs are classic Accept "high energy" songs with harsh vocals like the opening "Starlight", "Son of a bitch", "down and out" and of course the "catchier"(!) ones like "Burning" & "feelings"