Are you ready for the NFL playoffs?

martinsane

Well kids looks like the Seachickens pulled one out of their backsides and beat the, albeit planned, former Superbowl champion NO Taints, I mean Saints.

There were a few other wildcard games, but none are worth repeating...

Coming up this weekend will certainly show who's who in the NFL and appears to be a promising weekend of football.

So what are your pix for this weekend and of course the big game?

I'm running with Big Ben and the Steelers of coarse.

Here is what's established so far:

New York Jets W 17-16Indianapolis

Baltimore W 30-7Kansas City

New Orleans Seattle W 41-36

Green Bay W 21-16Philadelphia

This weekend:

Baltimore @ Pittsburgh

New York Jets @ New England

Green Bay @ Atlanta

Seattle @ Chicago

My pix for this weekend:

Pitt over Baltimore (for so many reasons...)

The Jets will upset the Patriots (Truly hate both teams so who cares? :))

Green Bay will beat Hotlanta

Seahawks over Da' Bears (Love the bears, but Seattle beat them already in Chi-town this year andcrazier things have happened right? What would be stranger than the first team in NFL history to win their division with a losing record to not only go to, but win the Superbowl...)

My pix for this weekend:

Pitt over Baltimore (for so many reasons...)

The Jets will upset the Packers (Truly hate both teams so who cares? :))

Green Bay will beat Hotlanta

Seahawks over Da' Bears (Love the bears, but Seattle beat them already in Chi-town this year andcrazier things have happened right? What would be stranger than the first team in NFL history to win their division with a losing record to not only go to, but win the Superbowl...)

I like those picks, especially Green Bay over Atlanta!

And I know you meant Patriots, not Packers, though I wouldn't mind playing the Jets one more time this year cause that would only mean one this...the Super Bowl!

Let's see, I'll go like this:

Pittsburgh over Baltimore - if Baltimore was at home, I'd take them. This should be a knock down drag em out bloody game.

Patriots over Jets - Pats killed them last time and the Jets seem focused on trash talking instead of playing football.

Packers over Atlanta - what, did you expect me to pick Atlanta? This should be a great game. It was close during the regular season. The Packers are starting to play some great football at the right time. The Falcons are well coached, at home, 2 weeks rested, and have a great group of disciplined players.

Chicago over Seattle - Chicago has been good too. Defense is tough. Did Seattle catch lightning in a bottle against New Orleans? I think maybe they did. Soldier Field will be loud, it will be cold, the turf will probably get bad, and I don't know if Seattle has enough in them to rattle Cutler for 60 minutes and get him to make some of his patented bone head passes. Besides, I would LOVE for a rubber match with the Packers and Bears for the NFC Championship. That would be a helluva physical game with a lot hatred on both sides. I am beginning to dislike Urlacher too.

Oh, and I was gonna give my opinions of each team too:

Patriots - Don't hate them, but I am tired of hearing about them year after year. When a team is so good for so long, some people hope they go away. I am becoming one of those people.

Jets - I used to be indifferent to them, but Rex Ryan is an idiot. Not only his stupid big mouth but what is with the foot fetish video's?

Falcons - If not the the Packers, I want the Falcons to win it all.

Seahawks - I really have nothing against Seattle but I have a hard time cheering for a playoff team with a losing record. Even if they play lights out and win the Super Bowl I would only be ok with it because I think they got robbed when they went to the Super Bowl a few years ago (no offense Pittsburgh fans, but that is just my opinion that the refs were horrible in that game).

Bears - they suck.

Ravens - I cannot stand Ray Lewis so I would not want them to win anything.

Here is what I have:

Bears over the Seahawks ... 23-10, I don't think Seattle can score enough to beat the Bears.

Patriots over the Jets.. 31-17 The Jets have no offense. Nearly every TD they score is a

mistake on the part of the defense. NE will not make may mistakes.

Atlanta over Green Bay.. 32-27. Should be a good one.

Baltimore over Pitt... 20-13. Turnovers will decide this game. If it comes down to the kicking

game Baltimore has the huge edge. (Please let this one be decided on the field and not by the refs.)

Well it appears I was 2 for 2 today/Saturday.

Man the Packers just humiliated the # one seated Falcons!

The Steelers, well are just frickin' awesome!

Even though the zebra's tried to screw up the game in the first half, bad calls on both teams,the Steelers came out in the third quarter and just shut down the Ravens. Defense was on fire, both sides. Damn what a hard nosed, hard hitting game! I wish all the games could be that good!

Go Seahawks!

Jets and Patriots, who cares?? :) Still pulling for the Jets even though, again, both teams make me puke a little in my mouth.

Well it appears I was 2 for 2 today/Saturday.

Man the Packers just humiliated the # one seated Falcons!

The Steelers, well are just frickin' awesome!

Even though the zebra's tried to screw up the game in the first half, bad calls on both teams,the Steelers came out in the third quarter and just shut down the Ravens. Defense was on fire, both sides. Damn what a hard nosed, hard hitting game! I wish all the games could be that good!

Go Seahawks!

Jets and Patriots, who cares?? :) Still pulling for the Jets even though, again, both teams make me puke a little in my mouth.

Come on the Pats! :D

Man, those Packers look tough to beat.

Yes they do and if they continue to score at will and their D is that tough then they will win it all. However I imagine playing in Soldier Field(that is assuming the Bears will beat the Hawks) will be even tougher place to play.

Man, those Packers look tough to beat.

Yes they do and if they continue to score at will and their D is that tough then they will win it all. However I imagine playing in Soldier Field(that is assuming the Bears will beat the Hawks) will be even tougher place to play.

They need to eliminate the mistakes they have been making in the playoffs so far.

Eagle game: stepping on the ball during a punt, fumbling the ball at their own 25 yard line

Falcons game: fumble the ball after a 30 yard reception, kick off return for TD

I had predicted to my friends they were due for a mistake free game that they are capable of. That didn't happen. So NOW they are due for one.

It will be very tough to play in Soldier field, especially since the Packers defense and wide receivers rely on speed, the turf in Chicago being what it is this time of year, they need to be prepared for that. It would be nice to establish some sort of run game to set up some play action but the Bears D is really good. The Seahawks look dead in the water today, but I'm not sure I want Seattle to rally anyway. NFC Championship between Green Bay and Chicago, who wouldn't want to tune into that?

the Bear Hawks game is interesting... the Bears came on like a freight train in the 1st quarter and here we are in the middle of the 3rd and they have done bupkiss.

At least the Hawks have been consistently bland.

The Hawks usually play a good 4th quarter and obviously they need it today.

Buhbye Patsies!!

Nothing gives me more warm fuzzies than seeing Belicheat getting his face rubbed in shit. I like the Jets' moxy.

Quite possible that my Eagles may have given the eventual superbowl winner their toughest challenge in the playoffs.

I like Packers over the Jets in the Superbowl at this point.

Well one for two today. The Hawks could not get started in Chicago and the jets just plain outplayed the Patriots.

Well next week The Jets come to Pittsburgh and the Packers go to Chicago...

The Steelers will humiliate the Jets and the Packers will trounce the Bears.

Super Bowl XLV Pittsburg Steelers & Green Bay Packers.

Winner of SBXLV...THe Steelers of course.

Well one for two today. The Hawks could not get started in Chicago and the jets just plain outplayed the Patriots.

Well next week The Jets come to Pittsburgh and the Packers go to Chicago...

The Steelers will humiliate the Jets and the Packers will trounce the Bears.

Super Bowl XLV Pittsburg Steelers & Green Bay Packers.

Winner of SBXLV...THe Steelers of course.

Got to agree 100%...Packers & Steelers with Pittsburg winning the Superbowl.....

I of course I have a slightly different take:

Packers survive in Chicago in a hard fought battle, tough field conditions.

Steelers take care of business at home in a good game but somewhere in the 4th quarter they get up by 2 scores and the Jets don't have enough to come back.

The Super Bowl, I'll take my Packers in a mid-scoring close one...something like 24-21.

The Packers handle the Steeler run game just enough to force them to pass more than they want. Clay Matthews and company are able to get some hits on Big Ben. Overall the Packers are able to use their speed on the nice Dallas turf that the WR and cornerback, LB and DB positions and the mobility of A-Rod to pull out the victory.

I scanned up this thread but didn't see any Jets or Bears fans. Any on this board? Come on, chime in!!! Two teams are going home this weekend so now is the time to brag up your team, whoever that may be....these NFC Championship games do not come often for most teams. I know I'm excited.

I just played the Packers at Chicago on my Madden PS2 game and the Packers won big.Of course I was the Packers and Rodgers threw the ball wherever he wanted it and what happens on a PS2 game is exactly what always happens in real life. :whistle:

Now I need to play the Jets/Steelers.

Did anyone else notice that all the games this past weekend were return games from the regular season but they all turned out the opposite of the regular season? Bears lost to Seattle in Chicago but beat them in the playoffs, Packers lost in Atlanta but beat them in the playoffs there, Jets got blown out at New England but beat them yesterday, Ravens won at Pittsburgh but the Steelers won this time. If that holds again for the conference championships then the Packers will win in Chicago(lost there early in the season) and the Steelers will beat the Jets(the Jets won in Pittsburgh in December).

I just played the Packers at Chicago on my Madden PS2 game and the Packers won big.Of course I was the Packers and Rodgers threw the ball wherever he wanted it and what happens on a PS2 game is exactly what always happens in real life. :whistle:

Did anyone else notice that all the games this past weekend were return games from the regular season but they all turned out the opposite of the regular season? Bears lost to Seattle in Chicago but beat them in the playoffs, Packers lost in Atlanta but beat them in the playoffs there, Jets got blown out at New England but beat them yesterday, Ravens won at Pittsburgh but the Steelers won this time. If that holds again for the conference championships then the Packers will win in Chicago(lost there early in the season) and the Steelers will beat the Jets(the Jets won in Pittsburgh in December).

Cue Twilight Zone or The X-Files music now...

Cue Twilight Zone or The X-Files music now...

I used to LOVE The X-Files until David Duchovney left.