Shakra

Glen

I agree, the new singer sounds great. Can't wait to get this!

I've always toyed with the band ie.e heard many songs but never grabbed a CD. Can anyone recommend the 1 or 2 CDs that I HAVE to get to kickstart my Shakra journey?

I've always toyed with the band ie.e heard many songs but never grabbed a CD. Can anyone recommend the 1 or 2 CDs that I HAVE to get to kickstart my Shakra journey?

'Power ride' is the place to start, no doubt, imo.

This new stuff sounds good. This band has become a little stale for me over the years but the new vocalist and these new tunes sound very promising. I've always enjoyed whatever they put out to some degree, so hoping this is on par with 'Power ride.'

'Power ride' is the place to start, no doubt, imo.

This new stuff sounds good. This band has become a little stale for me over the years but the new vocalist and these new tunes sound very promising. I've always enjoyed whatever they put out to some degree, so hoping this is on par with 'Power ride.'

Thanks Geoff, I'll give it a go. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

I can not wait for this. it sound's great with the new singer.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay, cane me if you must, but am I the only one who thinks this is just another Shakra CD? It sounds a little more spirited and heavier than the last couple of CDs, but the new vocalist is still the same as the first two guys and although it's all pretty solid, there's still not one song that stood out from the pack at all. Just solid, heavy rock.

Sorry guys, another Shakra CD that will slowly fade into oblivion (for me) along with everything else they've released since 'Power Ride.' :(

Guest Melodic Buzz

I am kinda bummed that this CD didn't do much for me. I wanted it to kick ass and it comes far from that. I do like it...it's not terrible but nothing special as I was hoping for. :blahblah2:

Not sure how anyone can describe 'Crazy' or 'Back On Track' as bland ?? Killer tracks for me, with amazing solos.

The last 2 are pretty good rockers as well. And I like the 2 ballads.

One of the better albums Ive heard this year so far.

• 2 months later...

Yo doods, so is this the track list most people are dealing with:

01. B True B You

02. I'll Be

03. Crazy

04. Back On Track

05. When I See You

06. Mmtwgr

07. Yesterday's Gone

08. Someday

09. Eternity

Bonus Tracks:

10. Lonesomeness

11. Unspoken Truth

12. Brand New Day

13. Stronger Than Ever

And if so, who agrees with this? The only great track of the first 9 "proper" album tracks is 'Crazy.' The rest plod along into nothingness, minus a big beefy riff here and there.

But then you get to the bonus section, and it's lights on. Not to say they're amazing songs, but imo the best 5 songs on this CD, without doubt are the 4 bonus tracks plus 'Crazy.' How the hell does that happen? Anyone agree with this assessment? I can't say too many good things about a CD with so many dud tracks, but thank my lord and saviour jesus christ for the last 4, or this would be a bit of a complete disaster.

Yo doods, so is this the track list most people are dealing with:

01. B True B You

02. I'll Be

03. Crazy

04. Back On Track

05. When I See You

06. Mmtwgr

07. Yesterday's Gone

08. Someday

09. Eternity

Bonus Tracks:

10. Lonesomeness

11. Unspoken Truth

12. Brand New Day

13. Stronger Than Ever

And if so, who agrees with this? The only great track of the first 9 "proper" album tracks is 'Crazy.' The rest plod along into nothingness, minus a big beefy riff here and there.

But then you get to the bonus section, and it's lights on. Not to say they're amazing songs, but imo the best 5 songs on this CD, without doubt are the 4 bonus tracks plus 'Crazy.' How the hell does that happen? Anyone agree with this assessment? I can't say too many good things about a CD with so many dud tracks, but thank my lord and saviour jesus christ for the last 4, or this would be a bit of a complete disaster.

where did you get your copy with the bonus tracks?

I've been spinning this one all weekend and I love it! I have the 13 track digipak version and I am glad I do. I agree with Geoff the bonus tracks are killer but I disagree about the first 9. There are a couple of really good tracks in there and the rest support the album as a whole very well.

"When I See You" (video posted above) is a simple but brilliant song. Sure not every song is brilliant but I wouldn't say there are any fillers on here either. When I See You, Crazy, Brand New Day, Lonesomeness are the stand outs. If I picked a least favorite song it would be Money Makes The World Go Round.

Overall, great melodic hard rock, great solo's, vocals...I recommend it.

Why is it no one mentions the actual track 'Back On Track' ?? The chorus could be stronger I suppose, but overall the song absolutely kicks arse.

Why is it no one mentions the actual track 'Back On Track' ?? The chorus could be stronger I suppose, but overall the song absolutely kicks arse.

I agree, Back On Track does kick arse, great tune! Also really like Someday.

Actually, I don't think there is a bad tune on this CD. MMTWGR isn't even bad, it is probably my least favorite.

Very good cd! Crazy is my fav. of many good songs.