Miss Behaviour

Glen

Released late January through Avenue of Allies, this looks like it could be a winner.

Apparently better than the debut, a great mix of AOR and MHR -

This review at Melodic.net -

2011 starts with a big bang, Swedish Miss Behaviour strikes back with their second album Last Woman Standing. They released their debut album Heart Of Midwinter in 2006 and I thought it was a really good album. They mixed heavier melodic hardrock with layers of melodies that was flirting with AOR. Now five years later they are back with a new line up and an outstanding album. Left from the debut album are guitarist Erik Heikne and keyboard player Henrik Sproge and the two newcomers are from the Swedish band Shineth that has released two albums.

It’s singer/bass player Sebastian Roos and drummer Anders Berlin, these two guys have given Miss Behaviour new life and this new album is more AOR than the debut mixed with melodic rock. Singer Sebastian is a truly a great singer and sounds awesome on this album. The production sounds huge and crystal clear and I can only say stunning.

The album opens up with a brilliant bombastic keyboard/guitar intro before the song 1988 screams out from the speaker and what an opener. This is an awesome AOR-rocker with a fantastic chorus that leads the way for this album. Thumbs up.

Next up is another winner called Cynthia. This is pure magic with fantastic harmonies, huge hooklines and the chorus is stunning, an AOR anthem. Talisman´s debut album comes in mind. Give Her A Sign is an outstanding melodic rocker with fantastic riffs and catchy hooklines. What a start of this album. Perfect War reminds more of the debut album and its the weakest track of the album, not bad, but compare it with the rest and it feels average. If you like Swedish Eclipse, then you will love Average Hero that reminds of them and its a strong melodic rock/AOR song with wonderful melodies and a great chorus.

Till We Meet Again is the only ballad on the album and what a song then. This is a ballad that brings back memories of Treat back in the 80s. Emergency is a mid-tempo AOR-song with a catchy chorus filled with strong harmony vocals. Living The Dream is AOR by numbers with layers of melodies, fluffy keyboards and the chorus is pure AOR-heaven. Miss Behaviour has managed to create one helluva album with a first class mix of keyboards and guitars and the arrangements are stunning. If you are into bands such as H.e.a.t, Eclipse, Treat, Talisman and W.E.T, then check out this Swedish sensation. I knew that they were good, but this good?! An album that will be on many Top-lists 2011 for sure. Masterplans Roland Grapow is guesting on the album. So don’t miss this album, it’s filled with classy music.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers

Miss Behaviour samples

Sounds pretty good. Funny how the first video is the ballad ''Til We Meet Again' a pretty good one, yet no really reflective of the rest of the album, as the rest is pretty uptempo AOR/Melodic Rock.

True about the album and band name is leading one to believe this is a female fronted project.

Wow, this is actually very good indeed.

The last two tracks whilst not bad are not really my thing, but I only detected one filler in the first 9 tracks and some real gems as well.

The real stand out track for me is 'Emergency'....man this is a great song. This track is everything I love about MHR and the chorus is great... a real genuine hook.

In fact there is a run of about 5 songs through the mid-part of this album which are all great.

Nice effort.

Oh man just listen to this ABSOLUTE GEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melodic perfection...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MqAYTQdpSU

Great song!!!

Now a video for the ballad.

I have a feeling many will love this one. I think it's a fantastic ballad and this is coming from someone who normally doesn't care for ballads. It's not a typical big hair power ballad with an over the top chorus and a big guitar solo. It's soft, lush and freakin' perfect.....and that's just the guitar solo. The song is fantastic, a true Westcoast AOR ballad. I've listened to it 5 times now and love it more and more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SchX6n6EQZg&feature=related

What a fantastic album! If a band bottled up exactly what I want to hear from a new CD these guys would come pretty close to nailing it.

The chorus on 'Average hero' is maybe just a tiny bit off-beat to be an outright winner for me, and the title track is a bit long-winded (but does have some great parts), but everything else? F*cking magic! You just could not possibly ask for a better start to a CD than the first 4 songs, '1988', 'Cynthia', 'Give Her A Sign' and 'Perfect War.' That last one, 'Perfect War', shows another heavier side to the band which I freakin' love. Man I love that song. Of the rest, that ballad is great and 'Emergency' is something quite special - super melodic stuff. I love the closer, '11th Hour' too.

Overall, excellent CD and I dare say I might prefer it to the excellent new Bad Habit CD. What a great surprise.

Also, because I was so excited about this album I made it my mission to track down the debut, which I totally missed the first time round. I heard most of it this morning and was left quite unimpressed. It's not a bad album, but it's very average. Certainly nothing compared to what they have accomplished with this new CD.

What a fantastic album! If a band bottled up exactly what I want to hear from a new CD these guys would come pretty close to nailing it.

The chorus on 'Average hero' is maybe just a tiny bit off-beat to be an outright winner for me, and the title track is a bit long-winded (but does have some great parts), but everything else? F*cking magic! You just could not possibly ask for a better start to a CD than the first 4 songs, '1988', 'Cynthia', 'Give Her A Sign' and 'Perfect War.' That last one, 'Perfect War', shows another heavier side to the band which I freakin' love. Man I love that song. Of the rest, that ballad is great and 'Emergency' is something quite special - super melodic stuff. I love the closer, '11th Hour' too.

Overall, excellent CD and I dare say I might prefer it to the excellent new Bad Habit CD. What a great surprise.

Also, because I was so excited about this album I made it my mission to track down the debut, which I totally missed the first time round. I heard most of it this morning and was left quite unimpressed. It's not a bad album, but it's very average. Certainly nothing compared to what they have accomplished with this new CD.

Yep pretty much agree with everything youve put there....the debut is not worth investigating....this blows it out of the water, and in essence with a new singer is like a new band with a new sound.

I too am not keen on the longer track, but as you say it does have some good instrumental parts, so never gets boring.

A great start to 2011 with this and Bad Habit.....as to which is better....it is close. I think Bad Habit by a smidgeon, but we are basically looking at 2 top tenners for 2011......surely??

Seriously? I've heard all the samples and they all sound pretty damn good to me. Available Feb 1st from NEH....add to cart.

Except for the first two songs, I thought this one sucked!

? WTF ?

That comment was left alone for a while, but every time I spin this I think about going back to revisit it. Please explain, Kim.

I could understand if you loved or hated the whole thing, but what exactly is it they do in the first 2 songs that they don't do on the rest of the CD? :lol:

? WTF ?

That comment was left alone for a while, but every time I spin this I think about going back to revisit it. Please explain, Kim.

I could understand if you loved or hated the whole thing, but what exactly is it they do in the first 2 songs that they don't do on the rest of the CD? :lol:

Well, these songs had the best choruses and most intresting melodies to me. Not that I loved 'em either...

To me this band are a lot like Houston, another band I don't get. They try so hard to sound 80's, but leaves me totally cold. It just sounds so average to me. Now H.E.A.T. I really love, because they really nail down the 80's sound and still manage to sound fresh and exciting. And they have great songs too, which you can't say about Miss Behaviour IMO. To each their own!

? WTF ?

Well, these songs had the best choruses and most intresting melodies to me. Not that I loved 'em either...

To me this band are a lot like Houston, another band I don't get. They try so hard to sound 80's, but leaves me totally cold. It just sounds so average to me. Now H.E.A.T. I really love, because they really nail down the 80's sound and still manage to sound fresh and exciting. And they have great songs too, which you can't say about Miss Behaviour IMO. To each their own!

From what I've heard this is a mix of great songs like on the last H.E.A.T., the quality of Treat and the cool tempo and lush sound of White Widdow. They seems to have taken the best of all those releases and come one with what will surely be one of the best releases this year.

A bit underwhelmed by the sample tune but I might pick this up anyway just out of interest. I genuinely hear nothing like Treat/Bad Habit - 80's influenced albums with a fairly fresh modern production - in this at all, it's more of a pure 80's disc to me. But I'll reserve more judgement until I have the full album, and will hope & pray it's nothing like the White Widdow...

A bit underwhelmed by the sample tune but I might pick this up anyway just out of interest. I genuinely hear nothing like Treat/Bad Habit - 80's influenced albums with a fairly fresh modern production - in this at all, it's more of a pure 80's disc to me. But I'll reserve more judgement until I have the full album, and will hope & pray it's nothing like the White Widdow...

What was so wrong with the White Widdow? Their songs were solid, maybe not outstanding or as memorable as may other releases that came out last year but the sound and quality of the disc was excellent.

I don't get this I like a 'fresh/modern 80's production', just not a 'plain old fashion 80's production' sound you've talking about lately. I see you had H.E.A.T. at #1 for 2010, you can't tell me that one had some great 'modern production', nor did the Vega. With the Unruly Child I get it, the production was better, just lacked in the song departement. I'm just confused with your utter dislike of White Widdow. Yes they are cheesy, sorta like Reckless Love, but the music is damn fun.

What was so wrong with the White Widdow? Their songs were solid, maybe not outstanding or as memorable as may other releases that came out last year but the sound and quality of the disc was excellent.

I don't get this I like a 'fresh/modern 80's production', just not a 'plain old fashion 80's production' sound you've talking about lately. I see you had H.E.A.T. at #1 for 2010, you can't tell me that one had some great 'modern production', nor did the Vega. With the Unruly Child I get it, the production was better, just lacked in the song departement. I'm just confused with your utter dislike of White Widdow. Yes they are cheesy, sorta like Reckless Love, but the music is damn fun.

The White Widdow sounds exactly like they recorded it in 1982 and then decided not to bother releasing it until now. I know the Vega is the same, but the WW has more of a pomp-sound to it (kinda like that Storyteller disc) which probably doesn't help it to feel very fresh. But none of that is as big a problem as the fact that the songs are tired/lazy and just nowhere remotely close to the big-league stuff from 2010 (H.E.A.T, Treat, etc). Perhaps it's a question of style/taste, but I genuinely have not the faintest clue why so many people think it's one of top albums from 2010.

The White Widdow sounds exactly like they recorded it in 1982 and then decided not to bother releasing it until now. I know the Vega is the same, but the WW has more of a pomp-sound to it (kinda like that Storyteller disc) which probably doesn't help it to feel very fresh. But none of that is as big a problem as the fact that the songs are tired/lazy and just nowhere remotely close to the big-league stuff from 2010 (H.E.A.T, Treat, etc). Perhaps it's a question of style/taste, but I genuinely have not the faintest clue why so many people think it's one of top albums from 2010.

WW was a good but not great disc IMO. Cant really say there was a 'filler' on it, but at the same time not many (if any) killer songs either. Just a good solid listen - I still enjoy it!

Best 2 tracks are the last 2 IMO.

Tim.....did I read right above that youre not that impressed with 'Emergency'......that is a killer track IMO. Just great great melodic harmony throughout.

WW was a good but not great disc IMO. Cant really say there was a 'filler' on it, but at the same time not many (if any) killer songs either. Just a good solid listen - I still enjoy it!

Tim.....did I read right above that youre not that impressed with 'Emergency'......that is a killer track IMO. Just great great melodic harmony throughout.

As time goes by my excitement for White Widdow has been diminishing, but it's still a solid release. Like many have said no real bad songs, yet no real killer ones either. I ten years from now will I love it as much as I did in late November and December, probably not. Still one of fav releases of the past year and I'll surely buy the bands next release.

My trouble with 'solid' tunes is that I'm very impatient, so an album of 'solid' tunes will bore the life out of me. Give me a disc with 2 or 3 killers and then loads others to skip and I'd be more interested.

"Emergency" sounded pretty good but is hard to tell from a clip played on my pc. Showed enough potential to pick it up...

Wow, what's with the ill words for White Widdow? Jeez you guys are harsh. :( How the worm turns...

Anyway, I'm not sure how you'll go with Miss Behaviour, Tim. In all honesty I can see you hating it. If I had to pick a release from 2010 it reminded me most of it probably would be the White Widdow CD. Just good, solid, punchy, uptempo melodic rock.

Oh, and what's with 1982? I hate music from 1982. At least give White Widdow the credit of saying it sounds like it was recorded in 1986-88. ;)

Wow, what's with the ill words for White Widdow? Jeez you guys are harsh. :( How the worm turns...

Honestly mate, I just find stuff that's fairly solid really dull. Give me an album with 2 outright killer tracks and a bunch of filler over a solid one with no-filler-but-no-real-standout-tune anyday. This is because I generally don't get time to listen to CD's all the way through so I skip tunes a lot. Best example (one I know you agree with) is that first Tyketto disc. I play it tons but frankly I only really ever play the first 3 tracks, the rest is more generic hard rock that isn't to my taste at all. But I'd much rather buy a lop-sided album like that than a White Widdow...