The Ashes 2010-2011 .... Official Thread

glam_junkie

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep I was pleased to see them play to form in this test.

Victory like this is always sweet against the Aussies, no matter what team they field. An all round great batting and bowling display.

Long may it continue.

:bananamac:

Yeah, not sure what more we can give you guys, lol. I think I've said on several occasions that the English deserve the victory and are without a shadow of a doubt the better team... but I'm not about to drink male love juices if that's where this is headed. Yes, we've said from the start that the Aussies will be handed their ass in a hat and that's just the common feeling here. Just calling it like we see it plain as day, I guess. :)

I don't mean to belittle the English performance when I point out the obvious - how terrible Australia are at the moment - and it in no way means that it wouldn't be a good contest if both teams were in their prime. As I said in an above post, a one-sided belting from either side isn't exaclty great viewing and I'd just prefer something more intense.

I can actually understand comments like "it's anybody's series" because that's exactly how I am when my team's doing well. No matter how invincible they are (like the Eels at the tail end of 2009) I just always look at the worst outcome and think any single match is loseable, even if everyone else in the world knows it's not. But, from a practical point of view, there is just no contest this time round and it's kind of crazy to think the Aussies can do anything in this series. ;) How can you honestly expect to beat a team in cricket when you have no ability at all to dismiss them? How many runs England score is totally, 100% in their own hands.

I also don't think people have "given up" on the Aussie team. That's not how we roll. Anyone with common sense and a realistic outlook here has given up on them actually competing in this series, but I still barrack as much for them as I always have. Plain and simple truth is there is actually just literally nothing to cheer or get excited about at the moment. :(

This was always going to be a difficult series for the Aussies. Their weakest team for years, with England at their strongest for years. Expect the Aussies will lose this series - though they always fight to the end regardless - but they'll be back in a few years. Hopefully things will be closer in the coming tests as otherwise a 2 or 3-0 loss would be pretty awful. Is funny that they focused specifically on Alistair Cook (Ponting said he was of "limited ability") and yet he smashed them all over the place!!

This was always going to be a difficult series for the Aussies. Their weakest team for years, with England at their strongest for years. Expect the Aussies will lose this series - though they always fight to the end regardless - but they'll be back in a few years. Hopefully things will be closer in the coming tests as otherwise a 2 or 3-0 loss would be pretty awful. Is funny that they focused specifically on Alistair Cook (Ponting said he was of "limited ability") and yet he smashed them all over the place!!

I can dream... :D

D.E.S.P.E.R.A.T.I.O.N

$3K - I think you may need a little bit more than that :rofl2:

''A GROUP of dedicated Queensland cricket fans has launched a campaign to convince spin king Shane Warne to make himself available for the remainder of the Ashes series.

Brisbane man Ross Heywood is trying to convince cricket fans Australia-wide to contribute their hard-earned cash to the Ashes "Rescue Fund.''

"We'll offer the Rescue Fund to the King of Spin (Warne), pleading with him to once again don the baggy green and win us back the Ashes,'' he said.

The group has raised just under $3000 since their website went live Tuesday morning.

Heywood said all contributions would be refunded if Warne failed to accept the generous offer.

More than 70 per cent of respondents to a recent News Limited poll say the former spin king should consider a return to the Australian side.

But Warne himself has refused to entertain talk of a comeback.

They also tried Dennis Lillee and Jeff Thompson but both declined. Sir Donald Bradman was not avaliable to comment

Oh and Ian Chappell - Botham would kick your skinny ass with his foot tied behind the other :lol:

I can dream... :D

Yeah, 2 or 3-0 wouldnt be awful, it would be f great! lol.

Of course 4-0 would be even better ;-)

Crickets a funny old game tho...........

Phil Who? Nice pick! You can bring a few more of them into the squad :whistle:

He and old Ponting didn't last long 17-2

Bring on the next victim

Phil Who? Nice pick! You can bring a few more of them into the squad :whistle:

He and old Ponting didn't last long 17-2

Bring on the next victim

You guys still think it's anybody's series? ;):lol:

make that 3....

If England are really set on breaking records - and correct me if this has ever been done before - but they should try to wrap up an entire match in two days. Can it be done? At the moment I'd be saying so.

... and another.

this is embarrassing.

It actually is, and that genuinely makes me sad.

Sadder than the day you found out Amy Reid use to be a man named Andrew Reid before the operation?

No, that day was a blessing because it gave me a good reason to finally get rid of her. Slut just kept hassling me for sexual intercourse and I'm all like, "Penis Seeker, I just ain't interested. Why would I want my penis worshipped and my love liquid sipped as though it were a cocktail, pun intended?"

... and another.

this is embarrassing.

It actually is, and that genuinely makes me sad.

Sadder than the day you found out Amy Reid use to be a man named Andrew Reid before the operation?

No, that day was a blessing because it gave me a good reason to finally get rid of her. Slut just kept hassling me for sexual intercourse and I'm all like, "Penis Seeker, I just ain't interested. Why would I want my penis worshipped and my love liquid sipped as though it were a cocktail, pun intended?"

:lol:

233-9, looking quite good for us at the moment.

268 all out. Would have liked all out for under 230 odd after the start we got, but definitely happy with that score.

268 all out. Would have liked all out for under 230 odd after the start we got, but definitely happy with that score.

Yeah, not bad, but we let slip what could have been a really tiny score. We especially made hard work of the last wicket. Here's hoping for 2 days of England batting...

It's funny that because this is in Perth and the time difference is so massive this plays on the TV in Sydney till about 9pm, which would be great beer-friendly viewing... but there's not that much reason to watch. Will probably still give it a go, though. :)

It's funny that because this is in Perth and the time difference is so massive this plays on the TV in Sydney till about 9pm, which would be great beer-friendly viewing... but there's not that much reason to watch. Will probably still give it a go, though. :)

You never know, you may have a good day today like we did yesterday, or on the other hand, we may start making the Aussie mincemeat ready for the Xmas pies again, but anything is possible ;)

Case in point. 2 good sessions and one of your bowlers on top form and the match totally changes. Always keep the faith in players coming good at the right time.

Wowser, I did not expect that. I went out to an electronics store this afternoon to buy a christmas present for my wife and I got a sideways glance at the TV screen which looked like England had lost 5 wickets, but I didn't pay much attention, thinking my eyes were playing up. Got home and Australia were batting again. I was all like, WTF?

I saw some highlights and it looks like Mitchy-Boo was on flaming versions of fire. I got to see the last few innings and this is how I enjoy my cricket. It's actually finally interesting. This one is actually anyone's match at the moment. I'd love to see the Aussies take this one home to make the rest of the series exciting too. Glad to see the Aussie team set this hopeless little beggar right. :)

Wowser, I did not expect that. I went out to an electronics store this afternoon to buy a christmas present for my wife and I got a sideways glance at the TV screen which looked like England had lost 5 wickets, but I didn't pay much attention, thinking my eyes were playing up. Got home and Australia were batting again. I was all like, WTF?

I saw some highlights and it looks like Mitchy-Boo was on flaming versions of fire. I got to see the last few innings and this is how I enjoy my cricket. It's actually finally interesting. This one is actually anyone's match at the moment. I'd love to see the Aussies take this one home to make the rest of the series exciting too. Glad to see the Aussie team set this hopeless little beggar right. :)

The problem you have got with old Mitchy-poo is that for 2 or 3 games he is absolutely horrendous and then you get a great performance out of him, then back to horrendous again. Too much of a liability imo and I generally wouldn't pick him as he is way way too inconsistent for this standard of the game.

Definitely the Aussies in the driving seat here and another 150 or so runs tomorrow, leaving England a chase of 350+ and the game is yours.

As I have always said Geoff, never write any team off, even if they are struggling as any team can have a bad day and let their opponents in and England certainly had one here today.