New John Waite Album

JC_AOR

According to Andrew at MR.com:

"New John Waite back to his Temple Bar/Figure In A Landscape style. Singer/songwriter and in fine voice!"

This has me very excited. Apparently it will be released early 2011 on the Icon/Vantage label.

Is this the guy that had a ballad or pop rock song all over the radio years ago (like late 80's early 90's)?

That would be 'missing you'. Great song but he has plenty more where that came from.

Excellent stuff. Always a highlight when Johnny boy releases an album.

Recently picked up pretty much his entire discography on CD, always lved his output... will surely look forward to this.

Any suggestions lads what release of his is most similar to Bad English sound?

I wouldn't say any of his solo CDs are particularly close to Bad English at all, to be honest, but if I had to choose I'd say 'Rover's Return' first and then probably 'No Brakes.'

But although his early solo stuff is in a similar field, if we're talking the AOR field, I wouldn't draw many similarities at all to Bad English. Still well worth checking out, though.

I wouldn't say any of his solo CDs are particularly close to Bad English at all, to be honest, but if I had to choose I'd say 'Rover's Return' first and then probably 'No Brakes.'

I'd go with those picks, although would add 'Ignition' aswell, as that is a cracking album too.

I'd go with those picks, although would add 'Ignition' aswell, as that is a cracking album too.

Indeed. 'Ignition' would be 3rd on that list for me too. Sadly that and 'Mask of smiles' are the only two hard copy discs of his that evade me.

For now. *rubs hands together fiendishly, then scratches nuts*

• 2 weeks later...

The latest I've heard is that this new album starts out strong but will not please the AOR fans.

I have to say that kind of follows the track record for his last few albums. Much as I love the guy I don't play his later stuff anywhere near as much as Temple Bar and all that went before.

Time will tell I guess, I'll still be getting it at any rate...apparently it's called Rough and Tumble.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

so I was at work last week and was trying to find a new cd to play on tuesday (new release day) and came across this country cd by a band called LOVE & THEFT. I thought what the heck and opened it and threw it in. all of a sudden this song came on and I was "man, I know that song" not paying much attention, working like I always do and all of a sudden I really heard the song. I was like "oh no they didn't". I stopped, went over and started the song over and yep they did. if they have a huge hit and John's version was ignored I will be pissed. FANTASTIC SONG but this is a weak version