The Return of.. "BANDS in CONCERT"

LV KIX

About 2 years ago or so I was listing bands who I've seen live. Then asking others to comment on them. I'm just trying to do my part to get some participation going here at HH.

Has anyone else seen any of these bands? Ever wanted to see any of these bands? Is it possible that even if you have seen one of these bands you wouldn't admit to it? Add in whatever else you want about the bands.

I can't remember all the bands I listed before... I hope I don't repeat too many.

Here we go: :popcorn:

1.) RHINO BUCKET

2.) HURRICANE

3.) PHANTOM BLUE

4.) PANTERA

5.) MAD MAX

I have seen MAD MAX twice so far. Being a German band this wasn't so difficult. Once it was with JADED HEART playing the same night and Axel Kruse, who used to be the drummer of both bands, hit the skins both times. He must have been pretty tired after the show ! :lol:

Anyway, I love this band. Michael Voss is a great singer. :banger:

Never saw none of'em but I wish I'd seen Pantera in their early days. When COWBOYS FROM HELL first came out they played a little club in Spring Valley NY that I used to frequent called "World Stage," this was basically when nobody outside of Texas knew who they were yet. I may have seen the video for "Cowboys from Hell" on Headbanger's Ball or whatever, and when I saw they were coming there I remember saying to my brother "Y'know, that band's supposed to be great, maybe we should check'em out," but for one reason or another never got around to it.

A few weeks later my brother and I went to the same club to see the Ramones, and while we were waiting outside the club for the doors to open it seemed like half of the people out there with us were wearing brand new Pantera shirts bought at that show, and they were all raving about what an awesome live band they were and how great the show was. So I was like "dang."

My interest in Pantera pretty much peaked after VULGAR DISPLAY OF POWER but I've seen enough video clips of them in the POWER METAL/C.F.H./V.D.O.P. days to know that they were pretty much on fire at that point and it would've been amazing to see them during that "on the rise" period.

OK... That didn't go over so well. :cartman:

I saw PANTERA on the 'Great Southern Trendkill' tour with White Zombie(their last tour prior to Rob going solo) and Deftones(their first tour) opening. It was at the Ampitheater in St Louis and there had to be 15,000 people there which is crazy considering how un-commeerical Pantera is/where. I'm not a huge Deftones guy so didn't care about them but remember them playing their single at the time but can't remember what it's call(I'm thinking Seven Words but I'm probably wrong). White Zombie had all these effects with cool B movies playing and plenty of fireworks and were pretty damn entertaining and hearing "Thunderkiss 65" and "Black Sunshine" live was cool as f@#k. Pantera though were a whole other level(or maybe a 'New Level') and were just brutal with moshing not only going on in the lawn but up in the seats where I was at. By the time 'Fucking Hostile' was played the section I was in was being torn to shreds with people pushing on the seat in front of them and tearing them out of the cement and throwing them in the rows towards the front. If you didn't have bruises leaving that show then you weren't there. :headbanger:

Saw Rhino Bucket at a dive bar called Peaches in Wisconsin Rapids during the Pain tour.

They blew the roof off of the joint! Awesome live band and super cool guys to boot. When they heard we drove 13 hours to see them they invited us backstage for beers.

One of my all time favorite shows.

Haven't seen any of the others though Pantera in a small venue and Hurricane would be of interest.

Pretty sure Ive seen Phantom Blue like donkeys years ago, but my memory is a little hazy!

Not seen the others tho :-(

Keep the thread going tho, cos with literally 100s of gigs over the years im sure i can add something at some point ;-))

About 2 years ago or so I was listing bands who I've seen live. Then asking others to comment on them. I'm just trying to do my part to get some participation going here at HH.

Has anyone else seen any of these bands? Ever wanted to see any of these bands? Is it possible that even if you have seen one of these bands you wouldn't admit to it? Add in whatever else you want about the bands.

I can't remember all the bands I listed before... I hope I don't repeat too many.

Here we go: :popcorn:

1.) RHINO BUCKET

2.) HURRICANE

3.) PHANTOM BLUE

4.) PANTERA

5.) MAD MAX

Just the mighty Phantom Blue at a club in San Francisco (R.I.P. Michelle Meldrum) incredible show playing most of their new CD at the time 'Built To Perform'