STINK BUG and GRASSHOPPER INVASION

LV KIX

My home and yard is being invaded by stink bugs on the inside and grasshoppers on the outside. I've not seen anything like it before.

When I lived in Vegas we would have about a week where grasshoppers seemed to be everywhere. But nothing like what I am experiencing now. And stink bugs... never had a problem with them at all. :2up:

Last night I got the wet vacuum out and sucked up probably 300 of those little buggers (stink bugs). I put some Pine-Sol in the water so they would die. This morning when I woke up there must have been about double that many all over the house. :yikes:

As far as the grasshoppers go... my son has a welt on his leg where one of them flew into him yesterday. There are thousands of them outside. My son doesn't even wanna play outside after school. Worse even, while walking my dog just now I was hit in the eye by a grasshopper. Another hit me right near my mouth... thank God it was closed :omg: . Walking to the car is like facing a firing squad.

Anyone else having any problems with these bugs where they live..? :wacko:

All I can say is: "ick." I frickin HATE bugs.

No stink bugs or grasshoppers round here lately, but now that the weather is starting to cool off in Jersey it's time for the annual Invasion of the Cave Crickets. Anyone familiar with these disgusting little bastards? They look kinda like miniatures of the monsters from "Aliens," all legs and antenna :puke:

(obviously this image is enlarged greatly)

cave_cricket.165172622_std.jpg

AAAAAAAH JEEZUS H. F*CKING CHRIST KILL IT! KILL IT! FOR GOD'S SAKE KILL IT WITH FIRE BEFORE IT GETS TO THE CHILDREN!!! :yikes:

They generally live in the woods under rocks, logs, etc., but a nice dark basement (like mine) works just fine for'em too. This time of year they're all over the damn cellar. As soon as the real cold weather hits, I just leave the basement door to the outside open for a couple of hours... kills the little bastards dead. Though I gotta say, I like LV KIX's idea of suckin' em up into a Wet-Dry Vac with Pine-Sol flavored water too. Maybe I'll do that next time I'm in a particularly cruel mood. :devil:

No stink bugs or grasshoppers round here lately, but now that the weather is starting to cool off in Jersey it's time for the annual Invasion of the Cave Crickets. Anyone familiar with these disgusting little bastards? They look kinda like miniatures of the monsters from "Aliens," all legs and antenna :puke:

AAAAAAAH JEEZUS H. F*CKING CHRIST KILL IT! KILL IT! FOR GOD'S SAKE KILL IT WITH FIRE BEFORE IT GETS TO THE CHILDREN!!! :yikes:

They generally live in the woods under rocks, logs, etc., but a nice dark basement (like mine) works just fine for'em too. This time of year they're all over the damn cellar. As soon as the real cold weather hits, I just leave the basement door to the outside open for a couple of hours... kills the little bastards dead. Though I gotta say, I like LV KIX's idea of suckin' em up into a Wet-Dry Vac with Pine-Sol flavored water too. Maybe I'll do that next time I'm in a particularly cruel mood. :devil:

BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl2:

I like Stink Bug's debut - especially 'My Ass Is Your Perfume,' but if I'm going to be totally honest I think Grasshopper Invasion have the better discography. Their 18th album, 'Hi, We Say As We Fly, So, Uh, Wassup My Peeps?' is pretty decent for a grindcore album.

:lol:

Great photo. Anyone fancy posting pics of a house/garden infested with stink bugs or grasshoppers? I can't imagine it - all we usually get in our house is mosquitoes (the evil little bastards) and lots of craneflies (aka daddy long legs).

Chased (and caught) one of these big fellas in the lounge recently though:

Elephant%20Hawk%20Moth%20RVCP%2019-6.jpg

Hey Keef!

We got these fuckers all over the place.. I had one on my car window the other day. It finally fell off while I was doing over 40 mph..

Tough little bastards..

Hey Keef!

We got these fuckers all over the place.. I had one on my car window the other day. It finally fell off while I was doing over 40 mph..

Tough little bastards..

I had never seen these things before till I moved to West Milford in '99. When we moved into our house there was an old wooden shed in the back yard that was LOADED with'em. First time I went in there on a Spring day to get my lawnmower out, the walls were literally crawling with'em, they were hopping all over the place. I screamed like a little girl and ran away. :lol:

A little while later The Wife sent me to Sears for a gallon sprayer of bug killer, I psyched myself up with a few cans of Liquid Courage (ha) and stormed in there like Bill Paxton's character in "Aliens" -- "You want some'a this? F*CK YOU! Here's some for YOU too! F********CK YOU!" (squirt squirt squirt squirt) -- it was a massacre.

Last Spring that shed got so rotten that we tore it down and thankfully their numbers have significantly decreased now that their Death Star has been destroyed. Occasionally one gets into the house but the cat chases'em down and kills'em. Better her than me.

Hey Keef!

Tough little bastards..

I had never seen these things before till I moved to West Milford in '99. When we moved into our house there was an old wooden shed in the back yard that was LOADED with'em. First time I went in there on a Spring day to get my lawnmower out, the walls were literally crawling with'em, they were hopping all over the place. I screamed like a little girl and ran away. :lol:

A little while later The Wife sent me to Sears for a gallon sprayer of bug killer, I psyched myself up with a few cans of Liquid Courage (ha) and stormed in there like Bill Paxton's character in "Aliens" -- "You want some'a this? F*CK YOU! Here's some for YOU too! F********CK YOU!" (squirt squirt squirt squirt) -- it was a massacre.

Last Spring that shed got so rotten that we tore it down and thankfully their numbers have significantly decreased now that their Death Star has been destroyed. Occasionally one gets into the house but the cat chases'em down and kills'em. Better her than me.

How big are they? They should definitely be in a horror film. Imagine one 6 feet long!

Hey Keef!

Tough little bastards..

How big are they? They should definitely be in a horror film. Imagine one 6 feet long!

That's some scary shit right there,reminds me of the bugs from Starship Troopers.

After 2 solid days of rain all the bugs have seemed to have headed for higher ground. Hope that's the end of them for this year at least. We usually get thousands of Lady Bugs.. they haven't been here yet. I guess they are next.

Hey Keef!

Tough little bastards..

:rofl2:

Thats the funniest thing I ever read.....

I feel your pain brudda.....

I had to look them up but I get them every year. not this year so far though. we have had some brown flying bug invade the place

0998fig1.jpg

never knew what these were.

Back in Nebraska this is what I thought stink bugs were....I'm so confused.

Curious about the stinkbugs. I'm not a super expert, but most types live in vegetation and would have little reason to enter a house. How are they getting in?

In SA, we get cricket "invasions" once in awile and they are everywhere, esp around lights or doors/windows. Not a huge prob, but when the bodies start to pile up, they stink.

In many parts of the Texas panhandle, there are swarms of huge tarantulas during their mating season. You actually have to walk around them on the sidewalk!

Curious about the stinkbugs. I'm not a super expert, but most types live in vegetation and would have little reason to enter a house. How are they getting in?

In SA, we get cricket "invasions" once in awile and they are everywhere, esp around lights or doors/windows. Not a huge prob, but when the bodies start to pile up, they stink.

In many parts of the Texas panhandle, there are swarms of huge tarantulas during their mating season. You actually have to walk around them on the sidewalk!

That is sooooo cool! I would love to see that!