Reunions: Saigon Kick & Icon

T-BONE

Aparently Eddie Trunk announced that there are reunion rumors floating around for both of these bands.

Icon: I wonder if they'll go with Clifford or Harrison for vocals? Both eras of the band are pretty damn good and the Night Of The Crime and Right Between The Eyes CD's are a 50/50 for me.

Saigon Kick: It'll be even more interesting considering Beilers ego takes up 2 spots in the band roster, so I wonder if they'll go it as a 3 piece with Beiler on vocals, or bring Matt Kramer back into the fold. The odd side is that Kramer would have to learn all the material they did after he left.

Thoughts?

I would personally want the "Right Between the eyes" line up even though all of their albums are excellent. As for Saigon Kick, they were never one of my favorite bands anyway.

I'd be more interested in a Saigon Kick reunion ... just happened to dust off THE LIZARD for listening today and dang, that album still holds up well...

Speaking from the perspective of not knowing where any of the "members" are...

Icon, should do the Maiden thing and take everyone on the tour/show and have both singers singing.

And for Saigon Kick, can't be done without Matt Kramer and if they did all get together they should only play stuff from the self titled and The Lizard releases anyway, both of those cd's are required listening imho.

Just my 2 cents.

BTW: I saw SK on The Lizard tour in a hole in the wall in Seattle, with Gruntruck opening, and they were DAMN good!!

Icon - I love both lineups but I thought that Stephen Clifford is a religious nut so I don't see that happening besides I like Harrison's voice more anyway. Come to think of it Icon has been doing shows with the former singer from Adlers Appetite I think for a couple of years. Didn't they just play Rocklahoma last year? Maybe Eddie is just aware of this and it's not a reunion of a former lineup. From Sheldon Tarsha's site "Tarsha also sang for the Phoenix, Arizona based hard rock band ICON. Tarsha made his first appearance with ICON at the Rocklahoma festival in July 2009 in Pryor, Oklahoma and later performed with the band in their hometown, opening for Queensryche at The Orpheum Theater". Not sure if he's still the singer or not but according to an article on Blabbermouth on July 28th he was at that time.

Saigon Kick - Love both lineups but feel like it would be more definitive with Kramer singing lead and Bieler singing part of the lead vocals like the first two disc. But those guys haaaaaate each other so don't see any of this happening and not sure if Phil Varone would be involved with his problems.

Icon did 2 great albums - 'Night of The Crime' and 'Right Between The Eyes', with 2 very different vocalists, both of whom were excellent. For me, 'Night of the Crime' just about had the better songs. Saigon Kick's s/t album was great, a few excellent songs on that one. I didn't like 'The Lizard' much though. Of the two, Icon is a lot more exciting, definitely a band I'd like to catch live.

Saigon Kick - Love both lineups but feel like it would be more definitive with Kramer singing lead and Bieler singing part of the lead vocals like the first two disc. But those guys haaaaaate each other so don't see any of this happening and not sure if Phil Varone would be involved with his problems.

Saigon Kick has a new official Facebook page and an under-construction web site (all it sez right now is "all will be revealed...") and both pages list Kramer Bieler, Varone, and McLernon as the band members. Maybe they buried the hatchet(s).

The odd side is that Kramer would have to learn all the material they did after he left.

My money would be on them doing stuff just from the S/T and LIZARD and/or anything new they might cook up and ignore the Bieler-fronted material entirely. Hardly anybody bought those records anyway. I mean, hell, Priest doesn't have any Ripper Owens era stuff in the live set nowadays.

Saigon Kick has a new official Facebook page and an under-construction web site (all it sez right now is "all will be revealed...") and both pages list Kramer Bieler, Varone, and McLernon as the band members. Maybe they buried the hatchet(s).

The odd side is that Kramer would have to learn all the material they did after he left.

My money would be on them doing stuff just from the S/T and LIZARD and/or anything new they might cook up and ignore the Bieler-fronted material entirely. Hardly anybody bought those records anyway. I mean, hell, Priest doesn't have any Ripper Owens era stuff in the live set nowadays.

I could be wrong but I thought that "Water" sold okay and "I Love You" got some radio airplay. Of course it didn't do anything near "The Lizard" release. I personally wouldn't mind Kramer taking a stab at few of the Biler fronted tracks. It's interesting that it shows McClernon and not the original bassist Tom Defile who played on the first two discs.

Doubt they'll make it anywhere near me if they do reunite but I would love to see the original Saigon Kick live. Loved the Bieler fronted era as well (even Transatlantic) but have to agree with Freddy. If Kramer is back why would they do anything but the st and Lizard material.

Cool news nonetheless.

I'd take an Icon re-union in any shape or form... sounds good enough to me. I enjoy all their CDs greatly. :)

As for Saigon Kick, I never even knew (or cared, I should say) that they officially split, to be honest. First 2 albums are both good, but I totally lost interest after that and can simply not imagine them recording something - with any line-up - to regather my interest, to be totally honest.