Erik Grönwall new H.E.A.T. singer!

embrock

Loved Kenny Leckremo' voice, as it fitted them perfectly, but I am interested to hear what Mr Grönwall will bring to the band.

Erik Gronwall is brilliant! Fantastic voice. Check out his new solo album....great stuff. A few cuts on there that BJB would give his left nut to write and record.

Never really listened to Heat that much, but have been listening to some of Eriks stuff on Youtube and I have to say his voices is amazing.

And who cares that he was on Pop Idol, or whatever they call it, the simple fact is the tunes he was performing would not be performed on the UK or US variants, which makes their version even cooler.

I'd be totally stunned if I ever heard Van Halen, Maiden and Skid Row on the UK version.

Erik Gronwall is brilliant! Fantastic voice. Check out his new solo album....great stuff. A few cuts on there that BJB would give his left nut to write and record.

Just downloaded and listened to both his solo albums, and I have to say his second album seems to have deviated from his obvious love of the classics, and I get a feeling that the record company is trying to steer him into a more modern direction. My guess would be that joining H.E.A.T. would be his way of regaining that rock style.

Just downloaded and listened to both his solo albums, and I have to say his second album seems to have deviated from his obvious love of the classics, and I get a feeling that the record company is trying to steer him into a more modern direction. My guess would be that joining H.E.A.T. would be his way of regaining that rock style.

yeah sure its modern but its still excellent. Songs like Crash n Burn and Breathe In Breathe Out are just great.

From H.E.A.T. newsletter:

"We have so much nice stuff coming up so we want you to keep busy keeping track of whats going on! :)

We're aiming for a recording of an EP or something to get a fresh start with Erik and sometime in the beginning/middle of 2011 we want to have a full length album out. We want to make a music video for you guys as well so we've put that on the drawing board (as we say in Sweden).

Good times ahead, stay tuned! "

Sounds great indeed!

Never heard of the dude at all but if he won that TV show I assume he has a good voice and I'm just glad HEAT aren't throwing in the towel, and they're going onwards... regardless of who is fronting them. :) Can't wait to hear new stuff.

Search for his stuff on youtube. During Swedish Idol he covered songs like Bryan Adams - Heaven, Bon Jovi - Always, Van Halen - Why cant this be love, Kiss - Shout it loud, Iron Maiden - Run to the hills & Skid Row - 18 & life.

Think that pretty much shows where he is musically!

Never heard of the dude at all but if he won that TV show I assume he has a good voice and I'm just glad HEAT aren't throwing in the towel, and they're going onwards... regardless of who is fronting them. :) Can't wait to hear new stuff.

His solo album is the best modern rock disc ive heard this year - fantastic rock/pop.

His solo album is the best modern rock disc ive heard this year - fantastic rock/pop.

I love that "Crash N' Burn" song, but can't find the album anywhere...

Have just listened to both his albums again, and I have to say that on second listen, the second album is a top album.

Timeless (which I believe is a co-write with Paul Stanley) is a classic Bon Jovi-esque ballad, and even reminded me of Never say goodbye at the start!

Have just listened to both his albums again, and I have to say that on second listen, the second album is a top album.

Timeless (which I believe is a co-write with Paul Stanley) is a classic Bon Jovi-esque ballad, and even reminded me of Never say goodbye at the start!

Yep, Timeless is excellent.

'Breathe In Breathe Out' is a fav too....brilliant uptempo pop/rock

'Destination Anywhere'.......excellent

In fact there's hardly a filler on board.

Modern rock album of the year for me :-))

Tim, try here http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8185860

[doesnt look as tho its readily available....unless digital - on itunes]

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, will check out his solo stuff immediately. It's completely passed me by at this point.

His latest disc is a good one. It's a bit generic & his vocals are very reminiscent of that European-Stage Dolls/Evenrude version of the Bryan Adams sound, just a little lighter. "Crash N' Burn" is the best tune by far IMO. He's definitely a talented singer though, with very little evidence of an accent, and will probably add a more modern slant to the H.E.A.T sound as he's not a pure AOR-vocalist...

Heard both his albums last night. I actually enjoyed quite a lot on the covers album... it was nice stuff. His proper disc is good too. As Tim says, it's pretty much a generic Idol rock CD, but like the rest of them it's pretty damn good. He does have a very good voice too and should slot nicely into HEAT, vocally at least. Visually he's a bit of twerpy looking fella. :lol: But yeah, should be good for HEAT and bring them some more deserved attention. Surely he's personally taking a backwards step in terms of record sales by joining HEAT, isn't he?

I'd doubt he is taking a sales step backwards as the will give him more exposure outside of Sweden, as very few people seem to be selling his CDs internationally.

On top of that, I doubt he will walk away from his solo career anyway, so it would just be extra revenue on top of his solo album sales.