davesmetal

Guest Onlyme

Guest Onlyme

This is right at the bottom end of bad trading but still - my ebay rating is important - so when davesmetal arses me about = bad trader.

I bought a CD listed as "Mint". I paid immediately and it arrived promptly. 1 problem - it's a cut out. I then have to go through about 4 or 5 emails (and send him digital photos!!!) before this guy (who is a massive ebay seller) finally "understands" what a "cut out" is and that I'm not talking about a cracked case. All this just to waste my time presumably. He finally agrees to send me a mint copy plus reimburse my postage getting his cut out copy back to him. But I have to get the cutout back to him first. I then have to chase about 5 times "where's it up to - have you sent it??? etc etc". Finally after 8 weeks and numerous excuses (post problems, his co-workers screwed up the order not him) he refunds me through paypal (the extra postage conveniently he forgets about). I give him neutral feedback which I think is more than reasonable - he has

1) sent the wrong item (or more likely this is his normal scam - just don't mention the cut out)

2) not replied to emails in anything like a timely manner

3) not resent the 2nd copy

4) not reimbursed the postage

Given that, I think neutral was pretty reasonable.

What does "davesmetal" do - gives me negative cos I'm "impatient". What conclusion do I draw? Dave Weber aka davesmetal is an arse and he knows it.

Gosh......seeing this thread reminded me.......I won the Savannah "Forever's Come And Gone" from him back on June 12th.........I still don't have it...

Hmmm.....I've never had any trouble with davesmetal before......and I've dealt with him many times.....

Guest Onlyme

Davesworld

You're right : I've dealt with him before and everything was OK. His feedback is c.97% which usually indicates (to me anyway) "fundamentally honest but probably sloppy". To get 3 out of every 100 so badly wrong that people want to neg you (and he has a whole slew of neutrals too) takes a bit of doing. My beef wasn't the cock-up on the cut-out : it was the high-handed attitude afterwards and, particularly, the neg when I'd cut him much more slack than he was due.

Then you have a beef with the attitude. Like I said I've never had a problem so I don't know his attitude. But I've dealt with people like that many times. So I know how you feel there. Some people just don't know how to deal with questions, they get a attitude because they think you are attacking them when in truth you are just trying to get things straightened out. Sorry it happened to you, I've been there.

Strange, I've never had a problem with him either. But I've noticed that as the seller gets bigger they tend to rely on others to help out and lose some control.

Guest stuck in lodi

I have bought from Dave several times over the years and he has always been an honest guy. Last time though, I did have problems. I bought some cds from him on e-bay and I also bought some concert videos from off of his website to make it a nice deal. I paid him promptly and never got anything. I sent him a several e-mails and after a while he responded finally and said he forgot, etc. Fair enough. I see he sells a lot of stuff at a time and maybe I slipped through the cracks. Well, after waiting a while longer, I still didn't receive anything. He gave me some excuses and said he would send them. Still nothing. Now I was getting mad. He had my money for 4 months and had never sent me anything. I finally got a response again from him and he apologized and sent me an extra concert video for my trouble. So in the end he was honest, but apparently doesn't have a good system for keeping track of his buyers.

It's been 2-3 years since I've bought anything from him. I spoke with him on the phone at the time, and he was working out of his garage. He seemed like a nice guy. I think he may simply have outgrown himself: trying to run that much volume out of your home, by yourself, is just asking for trouble unless you're organized.

-Dan

Guest gcjimmy

I bought from this seller several times from Ebay and he was always kinda slow. A coupla months ago I won the Lillian Axe and he never sent it after I paid him for it. I e mailed him a bunch of times and he finally wrote and said he was sick for three weeks and the

cd was mailed. I still didn't get it and made a complain with ebay about it. He finelly just sent back my money. I dont think I will buy anything from him again now.

I won a Pink Cream 69 - S/T cd from him a while back. I paid right away and 3 weeks went buy and nothing from him, so I finally e-mailed him about it. It took 3 days for a response, but he said he was on vacation nd it would be looked in to. Another week went by and I e-mailed him again and he again waited a little over a day to e-mail me back saying it just went out and I should have it soon. Give it a week. After that, I e-mailed him and still no cd. He said he would look for a replacement and send it ASAP. I waited another 5 days and e-mailed him still with no cd. He had no clue and finally decided to refund me through PayPal. Even that took him almost a week to do. I had already won the same CD from another seller and had it 2 weeks before I ever recieved my refund from him.

I agree with Dan in thinking that he's probably outgrown himself. Either that or he has alot of idiots working for him. I've ordered from him a few times and that was the only problem I've ever had. ;)

I ordered twice from davesmetal. The first order arrived fine so I decided to bid on his auctions a second time. Well after sending my address to him over and over again I simply gave up. That was the first time I had a bad ebay experience, and won't be using davesmetal again.

I'll join the chorus of dissatisfication regarding eBay powerseller davesmetal. Back a few years ago when he first started up, he was pretty reliable and I received most of the CDs I won within a week. Then one week became two, became three, became whenever the hell he felt like sending it. Approx. 1.5 yrs. ago, I won a disc from him and after three weeks, still hadn't received it. Emails went unanswered and I finally resorted to a phone call. He was nice enough and promised to send me a replacement, but that never happened. After waiting another 3 weeks, I called him again, and he said he couldn't locate another copy of the CD and would refund my money. I received that refund two weeks later. So, after waiting two months to get results, I decided never to deal with the guy again and I haven't. There's far better sellers out there--often with better stuff, I might add--to make it worth putting up with slow service and unresponsive customer service. I don't know what turned him from reliable to unreliable, nor do I really care. Dave can keep his metal...I'll get mine somewhere else, thank you very much.

I got screwed over with $400 of stuff, it was a huge order and guess he never had the cds.

Karma's a bitch...ain't it Andy??!!!! :tsk::tsk:

That's M.Allen, man. Dave always did right by me. I can't reach him anymore for some damn reason? ...Tim

That's M.Allen, man. Dave always did right by me. I can't reach him anymore for some damn reason? ...Tim

melodicrockoz is NOT M. Allen.....it's our 'friend' Andy....

yes its your friend andy... hey jlp, wonder how good karma's been to u lately, not getting all the cds i ordered does qualify me for fraud protection, sounds like u n tim may have been in on this all along like i'm told. me paying tim, cds set by you jim... credit card folk, here come :tsk::tsk::tsk:

YOU!!!!....Aussie Guy!!!...Pull out of that Kangaroo and step away from the crackpipe!!! :tsk:

What the hell did you say in that post? Try correct English and not Cyberbrat

yes its your friend andy... hey jlp, wonder how good karma's been to u lately, not getting all the cds i ordered does qualify me for fraud protection, sounds like u n tim may have been in on this all along like i'm told. me paying tim, cds set by you jim... credit card folk, here come  :tsk:  :tsk:  :tsk:

Cyberbrat

Is THAT what that sh*t's called??? :angry: I soooooooooo hate that!!! I just thought it was a mental deficiency, or something.....not able to form full words...

I love Jeff Scott Soto......but he pulls that crap too... <_<

yes its your friend andy... hey jlp, wonder how good karma's been to u lately, not getting all the cds i ordered does qualify me for fraud protection, sounds like u n tim may have been in on this all along like i'm told. me paying tim, cds set by you jim... credit card folk, here come  :tsk:  :tsk:  :tsk:

Cyberbrat

Is THAT what that sh*t's called??? :angry: I soooooooooo hate that!!! I just thought it was a mental deficiency, or something.....not able to form full words...

I love Jeff Scott Soto......but he pulls that crap too... <_<

I thought he was posting lyrics to a folk song. :wacko: