Even MORE ridiculous SyFy Channel Shark Movies!

Fat Freddy

SyFy Channel has released trailers for some more of their upcoming, ummm, "original epics."

All of these are comin' to SyFy Channel in the near future:

"Swamp Shark" starring Kristy (aka the original "Buffy the Vampire Slayer") Swanson...this one actually looks sorta competent...besides, I'll watch Kristy Swanson in anything. :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K2mwr-TI8Q

"Sharktopus," starring Eric Roberts (Julia's ne'er do-well brother), and produced by Roger Corman... check out the creature design on this one, it's absolutely Asylum-worthy :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK2bBfuepKk

...aaaand, "Super Shark Attack," by legendary T&A Z-movie director Fred Olen Ray of "Evil Toons" and "Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers" fame...this one looks like the worst of the lot... geez, poor John Schneider, is this what he's reduced to??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR-qrBRQipA

Is it me, or is the SYFY channel putting this crap out to please Keef?

Sorry Keef, but I'm into the old B/W Sci-Fi films... :tumbsup:

:rofl: No problem. Honestly, the only movie out of the three that looks like it's worth a sh*t is the first one, and that's mainly because it stars Kristy Swanson :wub:

=

Btw nice finds Keef, are you an employee of SyFy or what? :lol:

I wish. :rofl: I'm just a bad-movie aficionado who loves to spread the word.

I've learned to watch SyFy movies for what they are and not expect much. they are more enjoyable that way

Yup, when it comes to SyFy "original" movies, I've found that as long as you keep your expectations extremely low, it's all good. :lol:

• 1 year later...

Awwww hell yeah. Just heard that "Mega Shark vs. Crocosaurus," the long awaited sequel to "Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus," will be premiering on SyFy Channel this coming Saturday night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqZlCWkH4P0

:rofl2: AWESOME!

No Debbie Gibson this time out, but we do get to see Jaleel "Urkel" White of "Family Matters" fame as the intense military dude. If he doesn't say "...did I do that?" at least once during the flick, I'll be uber-disappointed.

These movies remind me, to a degree, of all the old Gojira movies from when I was a kid. Obvioiusly these are a little, well alot, campier, but they have that same low budget "feel" to me...

Did you also catch that trailer for "Monster Brawl" with Dave Foley, Jimmy Hart and a few other wrestlers? Looks so bad it has to be great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqGIAkd5tYw&feature=player_embedded

• 1 year later...

Sharknado looks FANTASTIC (in a 'cheesy-as-hell way) ... :)

How can you NOT like that?!

Next you'll be telling me that you thought Lesbian Vampire Killers and Zombie Strippers were both rubbish!

Sharknado was brilliantly stupid. Fortunately, the hot chick in a bikini killing sharks with a shotgun kept my mind off of how terribly Tara Reid has aged.

Since "Sharknado" blew up Twitter like Amanda Bynes on a meth binge, SyFy Channel is milking it for all it's worth by having an all-day shark movie marathon, capped off by a re-airing of "Sharknado" at 9 PM.

Sci-fi channel should take advantage of the fact that Spectreman's copywrite is now public domain, and incorporate him into one of thier movies for all us 80s kids

20080516_38d9677c8fd6d63dc1efPmSCpPxPX5n

YES they should.

did you see Sharknado is getting a one day big screen release? so much buzz about it that they are putting it in theatres for a day

Syfy social phenom “Sharknado” is getting a one-night-only cinema replay, with Regal Entertainment Group set to stage midnight showings of creature feature on about 200 screens next Friday night, Aug. 2.

Exhib leader positions “Sharknado” stunt, with tix priced at $12.50 apiece, as having the potential to build into a “Rocky Horror Picture Show” type of franchise.

Made-for-TV pic from Asylum swirled into a cult hit after a small but potent Twitter hurricane – peaking at 5,000 tweets per minute — accompanied July 11 airing on Syfy. NBCUniversal’s Syfy has greenlit a sequel to be set in Gotham and invited Twitter users to submit ideas for a subtitle with the hashtag #Sharknado. “Sharknado 2″ is skedded to bow in July 2014 on Syfy.

“‘Sharknado’ has become a force of nature in its own right,” Regal marketing chief Ken Thewes said in a statement. “There’s just something epic about watching these huge beasts on the big screen with your friends and family. The crowd reactions will make for a memorable experience in our theaters.”

While it’s unclear whether “Sharknado” will inspire levels of fan interaction that have developed for 1975 musical pic “Rocky Horror,” Regal issued a playful warning to theatergoers that “an umbrella is not much protection” against protagonist Fin Shepard (Ian Ziering), who chainsaws his way out of a shark near end of the pic.

A list of participating Regal theaters is available online at REGmovies.com/promotions/sharknado.

Unfortunately, theater chain will not be presenting the shark-attack fiesta in 3D, as “Sharknado” was produced in conventional 2D, Regal rep confirmed.

Sharknado” stunt, with tix priced at $12.50 apiece, as having the potential to build into a “Rocky Horror Picture Show” type of franchise.

Good luck with that. "Rocky Horror" was an organic thing, the cult following grew all on its own. You can't "manufacture" that kind of fandom overnight.

That said, I would love to watch this flick on the big screen!!

I re-watched the flick this morning with my ten year old. He was dyin' of laughter throughout, esp. at the now infamous "chainsawing" scene at the end. When I told him the movie is coming out on DVD in September he sez "Cool! Now I know what to get you for Christmas." :rofl2:

Well, now that we've made it through the Sharknado... can we survive GHOST SHARK?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVQDcKCINSM

Seriously, this exists. Coming in August to SyFy. Starring Richard "Night Court" Moll and an all-grown-up Mackenzie "7th Heaven" Rosman. :rofl2:

"Ghost Shark"? Really? That is some funny shit! Is it in the sea or on land? Please say land, please say land - that would be so much funnier!

"Ghost Shark"? Really? That is some funny shit! Is it in the sea or on land? Please say land, please say land - that would be so much funnier!

I believe the idea is that since the shark Is a ghost, it can manifest itself wherever there's water - i.e. in a bathtub, a swimming pool, etc.