Got My First Neg today

I never thought I'd end up getting a Neg for packing too well and protecting the item... I had a Samsung flat panel on ebay and ended up getting 4 different "please end the listing early" and "please add a Buy It Now" messages. I ended up giving in and added the Buy It Now and it was sold just that quick. I didn't have the original box, so I packed it up in a similar sized box along with a sheet of 1" styrofoam I cut to fit the front of the monitor to protect the screen. I used "tape" to secure the styrofoam to the front of the monotor bezel. The tape was stuck to the side of the monitor. The rest of the box was loaded with styropeanuts and foam for protection.

The feedback:

"On time. Good product but there was TAPE directly on the monitor and ruined it" - Buyer: workingl8

Now... Lets break that down a little:

1. On time = He got it quickly

2. Good Product = Worked like it should

3. TAPE directly on the monitor and ruined it = ???? Ruined it how? Did the possible little left-over tape residue from packing too well cause the monitor to now be ruined? Does it not work now? Heaven forbid a seller from sticking a little tape to hold a protective piece of styrofoam to something you just paid $235 for so it arrives in good condition. He just contradicted the first part of his statement in the feedback.

Seems pretty ridiculous. There are some real numpties on eBay.

I might leave some negative feedback for a buyer who acknowledged my request to send my item to a different address (as I checked out really quickly and didn't change the address when I meant to) but sent it to the original address anyway. I'm in two minds, as I did make a mistake, but why reply then totally ignore my request? It f***ed up my daughter's birthday party too. I am still reluctant to leave negative feedback though, it's a really big deal. Your buyer obviously didn't think so.

I never thought I'd end up getting a Neg for packing too well and protecting the item... I had a Samsung flat panel on ebay and ended up getting 4 different "please end the listing early" and "please add a Buy It Now" messages. I ended up giving in and added the Buy It Now and it was sold just that quick. I didn't have the original box, so I packed it up in a similar sized box along with a sheet of 1" styrofoam I cut to fit the front of the monitor to protect the screen. I used "tape" to secure the styrofoam to the front of the monotor bezel. The tape was stuck to the side of the monitor. The rest of the box was loaded with styropeanuts and foam for protection.

The feedback:

"On time. Good product but there was TAPE directly on the monitor and ruined it" - Buyer: workingl8

3. TAPE directly on the monitor and ruined it = ???? Ruined it how? Did the possible little left-over tape residue from packing too well cause the monitor to now be ruined? Does it not work now? Heaven forbid a seller from sticking a little tape to hold a protective piece of styrofoam to something you just paid $235 for so it arrives in good condition. He just contradicted the first part of his statement in the feedback.

Ty, I'm curious......did the guy even contact you prior to leaving a negative feedback? Did he e mail you or anything to tell you there was a problem with the monitor when it arrived? This is what I can't understand. People who just slap a negative up there and they don't even contact you to discuss the transaction!!! You seem to be unaware as to what exactly the problem is so I am assuming he didn't even contact you?

I never thought I'd end up getting a Neg for packing too well and protecting the item... I had a Samsung flat panel on ebay and ended up getting 4 different "please end the listing early" and "please add a Buy It Now" messages. I ended up giving in and added the Buy It Now and it was sold just that quick. I didn't have the original box, so I packed it up in a similar sized box along with a sheet of 1" styrofoam I cit to fit the front of the monitor to protect the screen. I used "tape" to secure the styrofoam to the front of the monotor bezel. The tape was stuck to the side of the monitor. The rest of the box was loaded with styropeanuts and foam for protection.

The feedback:

1. On time = He got it guickly

Ty, I'm curious......did the guy even contact you prior to leaving a negative feedback? Did he e mail you or anything to tell you there was a problem with the monitor when it arrived? This is what I can't understand. People who just slap a negative up there and they don't even contact you to discuss the transaction!!! You seem to be unaware as to what exactly the problem is so I am assuming he didn't even contact you?

I'M pretty sure he is aware of what the person is saying. the buyer is a little upset because some tape glue was left on the side of the tv when it was pulled off. What an easy cleaning job this is considering it was packed that way for the buyers benefit. stupid neg-feedback IMO

The feedback:

No contact at all... NOTHING. He won't even respond to my messages to him requesting he change the feedback or even for an explaination as to why he'd NEG a seller for packing too well. That box was so frickin secure it wasn't even funny. There was no possible way (aside from being dropped from the UPS plane) that the monitor was getting there damaged.

I'M pretty sure he is aware of what the person is saying. the buyer is a little upset because some tape glue was left on the side of the tv when it was pulled off. What an easy cleaning job this is considering it was packed that way for the buyers benefit. stupid neg-feedback IMO

Exactly... I used the thicker packing tape and it 98% comes off without a problem. Sometimes it'll leave a little sticky crap behind, but I'd rather have that then a monitor shipped in a box without any protection at all.

When I ordered my new monitor from Newegg a few months ago, it was shipped right in it's retail box only. If anyone has ever bought a retail flat panel, you'd know that the monitor screen is uaually about 1 inch from the outside of the box wall. One good bump right in the middle, and you may have a damaged monitor. I shipped this one with the monitor back against the box wall side, attached the styrofoam sheet to the monitor, and then added 2 more strips of styrofoam to seperate the screen from the stand which I had to remove for shipping. I packed it better than when I recieved it new.

Problem resolved! I'm back to my 100%... The buyer and I worked out a small erfund for his having to remove any tape residue that was left. Aparently, the box was in the sun or heat or something so the tape got a little stickier than expected. I'm not sure how considering the monitor was Signature In Person, so it wouldn't have been left on his doorstep. Either way, he revised the feedback and it's done. All I've ever asked is that buyers contact me FIRST prior to flying off the handle and leaving a neg for something that's easily fixable

Problem resolved! I'm back to my 100%... The buyer and I worked out a small erfund for his having to remove any tape residue that was left. Aparently, the box was in the sun or heat or something so the tape got a little stickier than expected. I'm not sure how considering the monitor was Signature In Person, so it wouldn't have been left on his doorstep. Either way, he revised the feedback and it's done. All I've ever asked is that buyers contact me FIRST prior to flying off the handle and leaving a neg for something that's easily fixable

People just need to communicate. I've never received a neg or neutral when the buyer communicates first.

So how much was the refund...seems a little ridiculous to me to ask for a partial refund for some tape residue that could be easily removed. This sounds like feedback extortion to me.

So how much was the refund...seems a little ridiculous to me to ask for a partial refund for some tape residue that could be easily removed. This sounds like feedback extortion to me.

Small enough to where it didn't bother me too much. Aparently, the monitor was to be used in an office where the back faced customers or something, so the tape residue looked unprofessional. If you think that really was an issue, he'd have gone to buy a brand new one at the store...

Sounds like a complete wanker to me!

Yep, I agree. Sounds like you did all you could, Ty, but it still sickens me that c*nts like this are free to get away with shit like this.

I'd find him and stab him.

I got my first neg as well just a little while ago, i didnt deserve it either, but what can a guy do, if someone takes a mind to drop you a bad review there is little you can do about it.

I thought i had 2 sealed copies of the same cd, it turns out i only had 1, by the time i clued in it was to late i had sold 2 sealed copies.

I sent the one sealed copy out because the guy payed for it, i told the other guy what happend but he wouldnt drop it, he denied my request to cancel the transaction and even sent me payment. I refunded it to him and even offered to send him the unsealed copy for free but he declined it because it had writing on the front of it.

I dont blame him for being disappointed but come on mistakes can happen, it is my fault granted but i did everything i could to smooth it over.

So he ended up leaving me neg feedback saying i chose not to sell him the cd because it didnt go for a higher price, when in fact it was sold for less.

He even hinted around that if i offered him some other cd he would strike a deal and remove my neg feedback, i wasnt willing to do that but would have gladly sent the opened one to him for free.

Im glad you were able to settle your dispute the way you did and keep your feedback clean :-)