early TUFF?

66 mustang

Of all the 80's bands, Tuff is definitely one of the ones I wish had got a record deal earlier than they did (1991). Imagine an album full of tracks as awesome as 'Down on Sinner Street' and 'Summertime goodbye'... still 2 of my all-time favourite Tuff songs.

Of all the 80's bands, Tuff is definitely one of the ones I wish had got a record deal earlier than they did (1991). Imagine an album full of tracks as awesome as 'Down on Sinner Street' and 'Summertime goodbye'... still 2 of my all-time favourite Tuff songs.

What album are those two tunes from?

I have What Comes Around and the second one but never heard those tunes.

The debut kicked ass and the second one was heavier but still solid.

I think they are on one of the crappy releases since. The first two Tuff albums were awesome, after that a bunch of low budget garbage.

I think they are on one of the crappy releases since. The first two Tuff albums were awesome, after that a bunch of low budget garbage.

Yeah, they're off the 'Decade of Disrespect' compilation. All those compilations are a mess, and a stupid mess too. Tracks repeat from release to release and it's just a jumble. Some of the "production" is terrible too. Thankfully, the sound on these 2 tracks is pretty good in fact. I think they're finished demos.

If the band had just put some time and effort into it and released one compilation CD of unreleased tracks they would have a gem out there. The 'Regurgitation' disc has some great stuff on it too.

Yeah, they're off the 'Decade of Disrespect' compilation. All those compilations are a mess, and a stupid mess too. Tracks repeat from release to release and it's just a jumble. Some of the "production" is terrible too. Thankfully, the sound on these 2 tracks is pretty good in fact. I think they're finished demos.

If the band had just put some time and effort into it and released one compilation CD of unreleased tracks they would have a gem out there. The 'Regurgitation' disc has some great stuff on it too.

I just realized I had those two tunes on "The History of Tuff" disc.

I got that in a trade or something but can't remember ever playing it.

I'll play those songs today and report back.......................

Yep definitely! I absolutely love the debut...oh what could have been...:)

Btw, the production on the later albums makes Trixter's Hear even sound good! ;)

I just realized I had those two tunes on "The History of Tuff" disc.

I got that in a trade or something but can't remember ever playing it.

I'll play those songs today and report back.......................

Okay I played the two tunes in question and their good but not great and aren't anywhere near the tunes on the debut IMO. So good songs but not great and kind of generic IMO.

Btw, the production on the later albums makes Trixter's Hear even sound good! ;)

For the 387th time "Hear" doesn't sound bad IMO and yes the debut is great and it would of been just wonderful if they could of followed up that disc with more high quality Glam Hard Rock discs and didn't try to be heavier and have bad production with average songs.

For the 387th time "Hear" doesn't sound bad IMO and yes the debut is great and it would of been just wonderful if they could of followed up that disc with more high quality Glam Hard Rock discs and didn't try to be heavier and have bad production with average songs.

And for 388 I will say again it sounds like poo but that's a different conversation :)

Idk, I think Religious Fix was perfect for that time period and while I like the debut better, I really like that album too.

And for 388 I will say again it sounds like poo but that's a different conversation :)

Idk, I think Religious Fix was perfect for that time period and while I like the debut better, I really like that album too.

You know what I looooved Religious Fix when I picked up on cassette when it first came out. At that time I was just in the mood for something a little heavier and angrier. I recently got it on cd and for some reason it's not quite as good as I remember. There are still a handful of real good songs but it just doesn't seem as good as I had remembered it being.

You know what I looooved Religious Fix when I picked up on cassette when it first came out. At that time I was just in the mood for something a little heavier and angrier. I recently got it on cd and for some reason it's not quite as good as I remember. There are still a handful of real good songs but it just doesn't seem as good as I had remembered it being.

Oh for the love of christ let's not even touch on that Trixter argument again. It is probably the most random, unjustified and crazy musical discussion I've ever had in my life. What is the basis? It's like just suddenly picking, for example, Bon Jovi's 'New Jersey' and saying, "Oh, by the way - how bad is the production on that CD?!" Or pick any late 80's / early 90's label release (Except Valentine's debut, which sadly did suffer from a poor production job). It's just crazy. Jared, I hate you for bringing this discussion into our lives! ;):lol:

Anyway, those two tracks are not technically as good as most the stuff on their debut, but I still love them. They're far more glammy in style and I would personally have loved to see an album full of stuff like that in about 1988 or so.

I like 'Religious Fix' too. Obviously nowhere near as good as the debut, but a very good hard rock/metal CD, imo.

speaking of tuff, does anyone know if stevie rachelle will release all the tuff demos anytime soon?

Hasn't he already released most of them on these shitty discs over the past few years?

Idk, you may want to pop it in again just incase it was your mood the day you listened to it. Believe it or not, there was a time when I didn't understand what the big deal was with Icon's - Right Between the Eyes but obviously I was on crack or something :)

Oh for the love of christ let's not even touch on that Trixter argument again. It is probably the most random, unjustified and crazy musical discussion I've ever had in my life. What is the basis? It's like just suddenly picking, for example, Bon Jovi's 'New Jersey' and saying, "Oh, by the way - how bad is the production on that CD?!" Or pick any late 80's / early 90's label release (Except Valentine's debut, which sadly did suffer from a poor production job). It's just crazy. Jared, I hate you for bringing this discussion into our lives! ;):lol:

Anyway, those two tracks are not technically as good as most the stuff on their debut, but I still love them. They're far more glammy in style and I would personally have loved to see an album full of stuff like that in about 1988 or so.

I like 'Religious Fix' too. Obviously nowhere near as good as the debut, but a very good hard rock/metal CD, imo.

Oh Geoff...does this mean you won't be pulling up the old thread so we can go at it again? :lol:

I just uploaded an early Tuff video I have from a Thunder & Mud video

speaking of tuff, does anyone know if stevie rachelle will release all the tuff demos anytime soon?

Hasn't he already released most of them on these shitty discs over the past few years?

well most isn't all :)

There's no bigger fan of the band than I, but based on the sound quality of the majority of the demos, and assuming they're the "better" versions out there, then yeah, I'd say it's enough. :)

• 1 year later...

"People they Change" and "Another Man's Gun" are two of my favourite Tuff tracks. I wish they were recorded/produced in a better quality.

What's this talk of a new album called "What Comes Around Goes Around... Again"?

Are we talking re-recordings or new songs?

Wow... more info on this please. Still love these guys and would love to hear anything new.

Re-recordings of a heap of those unreleased songs would suit me fine. :)

Seriously, though, more info would be exciting.

Hate to burst bubbles, but I had a look around the net earlier today and I wouldn't get too excited about this. Apparently, in 2011 (the 20 year anniversary of 'What comes around goes around') there was talk of an EP called 'What comes around goes around... Again' which was to feature 5 re-recorded versions of old Tuff classics.

So even if it had been released it would have been a dud, but it doesn't look like it will ever eventuate anyway. Shame, if they were looking at bothering with that, I wish they'd concentrate their efforts on a proper new album instead. Though, having seen "Tuff" In Australia a few years ago (which was Stevie Rachelle solo with The Deadthings as a backing band) I have to wonder exactly who the Tuff that was going to re-record these songs was. I'd assume just Stevie and a few dudes, which I would still take gleefully as I still think the dood's a great talent.