7Th Heaven new box set

phaffas

"Jukebox - 500 Original Songs

Jukebox is a MASSIVE 500+ all -original song box-set of songs we have written, recorded and/or played in the 25 years 7th heaven has been around. This box set is a great musical journey thru different styles of music. We do not think there has been another band to date that has released this many originals at one time. This could break a world record! Jukebox has a bunch of guest singers as well as featuring your favorite members. All songs have been written by at least one member of 7th heaven in the 25 year history. Some songs are brand new, some are older but had never been released, all are fresh new recordings. This product will be available in 5 formats;

· 1 - A box set of traditional CD's (about 20-25). The box set contains a bonus disk of the original MP3's of demos as they were written and recorded over the last 25 years. This bonus data disk is only available in the full CD box-set.

· 2 - A data DVD with all the songs as MP3's.

· 3 - A flash drive with all the songs as MP3's.

· 4 - The internet: i-Tunes, Amazon, NTD Records store and 7thheavenband.com.

· 5 - A limited edition Apple iPod with the entire catalog on it.

Look for a complete listing of all songs on our website with full production notes and credits, as

well as writing credits, who is performing on each track, all the lyrics to every song. This section of the website will be done this summer. Jukebox will be available mid-summer.

Beginning June 1st look for songs to be posted on 7thheavenband.com for your previewing pleasure! Look for these very special products at the merch table and online in July. The price of this product will be very low, as we want our music to be heard by everyone. We hope you all pick a copy of this amazing product."

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 year history? I thought this band were pretty new on the scene, where have I been?

25 year history? I thought this band were pretty new on the scene, where have I been?

Yeh they were apparently around in the 80s, but as far as ive read the only person remaining is the guitarist... and theres been about 60 people in the band...(?)

Just got that email myself. That's a CRAPLOAD of material, but I have no idea how good the early stuff is, as I really didn't start listening to them until Silver.

-Dan

Yes... it could be a crapload of crap too! Their "numetal" album "Faces time replaces" wasnt too bad, though i didnt keep it. Their Christmas album was a shocker.

Yeah I just read the 7th Heaven newsletter this morning and I've been drooling about this ever since. Love this band. The good thing about this is that all of the old songs have been freshly re-recorded to give them a better sound/production. Its an absolute shit load of songs and I'm so looking forward to picking up this box set and playing them all. Wonder what sort of dollar this box set will sell for?

Holy shit. That is crazy. As Matt says, 'Faces time replaces' and I'm assuming anything from the years before that was pretty awful - would NOT want to hear more of that.

But if you're right, Justin, and all the songs have been re-recorded - this could be something awesome. And I didn't know they have 150 tracks for the 'Silver' albums too. Wow... surely there will be some gems in there.

Like you say, Justin, I wonder what sort of price tag it'll carry. And what format will I want? I'm going to go out there and assume there is going to be a hell of alot of filler here (as well as the gems). Would be cool to have all the good songs in one place seperately...

Surely something like this is going to cost an arm and a leg to manufacture!

Not necessarily. If all the CDs are in cardboard sleeves rather than jewel cases, it shouldn't be too bad.

For example, here's a 170 CD boxed set:

http://www.amazon.com/Mozart-Complete-Works-170-Box/dp/B000BLI3K2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1275436316&sr=8-1

It's less than $1 per CD.

I bought one for my mom for her birthday 2 years ago. She loves it and says the quality is great.

It will be very interesting to see what kind of price tag they do throw on this. As pointed out, they don't have a huge fanbase and I have to admit, even as what I consider to be a pretty big fan, I'm not sure how much I could justify spending on this thing... Guess we'll wait and see, though.

Generally 7Th Heavens stuff has been pretty cheap!

And ignore Vince, he doesnt even own Silver or USA/UK.... the loser is missing out. LOSR!!!

I hated the show but loved Steve Plunkett singing the theme song!

And ignore Vince, he doesnt even own Silver or USA/UK.... the loser is missing out. LOSR!!!

I hated the show but loved Steve Plunkett singing the theme song!

Worst joke ever = THAT GUY!

Yeah, that's why I'm quietly hopeful about this to be honest, especially with Dan saying it needn't cost too much to make. Hopefully it's not more than us$20. ;)

Yeah, that's why I'm quietly hopeful about this to be honest, especially with Dan saying it needn't cost too much to make. Hopefully it's not more than us$20. ;)

Well let's not get STUPID now... ;)

Realistically, I can see a price in the $150-200 range for a 25-CD box. If it comes in lower than that I'll be pleasantly surprised. My guess is that most people will opt for the mp3-based options (my guess: $69-99).

-Dan

On their web site it says they have sold 25,000 cds, so I'd question is there really a demand for this????

Well they'll definitely make a loss on it, so is a bizarre idea IMO. I own two of the 25k CD's they've sold and I wouldn't even consider buying this as both albums I own already have too many songs on them to begin with, and would've been far better with some quality control...

I must confess, I'm kinda keen on this......... what I'm mostly looking for & hoping are the songs from the first 7th heaven cd to be on this boxset along with thier old demos when they attempted to sound like 80's bon jovi & def leppard..... even had that late 80's kiss vibe on them & most importantly..... the albums worth of demos the band handed to alec jon such so they could be signed to jambco? I'm hoping for all tis & much more :D

The mom on "7th Heaven" was a total MILF.

0000034344_20061020193306.jpg:wub:

Oh wait... wrong 7th Heaven.... nevermind.

Well let's not get STUPID now... ;)

You were talking to Geoff..

You guys do realise I was being hilarious, don't you?

In all honesty, I was hoping that because they do often offer a cheap product, that this would somehow be able to be kept under $100... but we'll see. I don't know, I just think it's going to be hard for this band to sell a product around/over $100 to be honest.

They're featuring a new song from the box set each day on the 7th Heaven website. Obviously they're only going to put up what they think are the best ones. The 3 up there at the moment are not bad at all.

The 3 up there at the moment are not bad at all.

If the whole set is like this, it will be one to pick up.

The only things is how many friggin' hours will it take to input the box set into the HH database? :blink:

The 3 up there at the moment are not bad at all.

If the whole set is like this, it will be one to pick up.

The only things is how many friggin' hours will it take to input the box set into the HH database? :blink:

With 25 CD's in the set it might make 7th Heaven the band with the most entries in the database. I dunno, probably Deep Purple or Styx or someone will still have more.

This sounds way cool and the samples are great!

Just spent about an hour perusing their site and it is well put together with TONS of information on the band. Nice job!

Looking forward to the release of this and hoping the cost is not staggering...

• 1 month later...

F**K me the songs on the jukebox "The music died" and "I don't know" are amazing!

I like all sorts of music, but their pop rock/aor material I find far superior to more the modern stuff they do.

If they did just ONE cd of material it would be killer, It's great to release soooo many tracks but I think it will just get lost as only fan will want to buy it or even invest the time to listen to it.

They deserve more attention than they get, I like Crashdiet, Reckless love and treat but think they are ALL overrated (don't get me started on the bands mentioned in the glam board for being shite!).

:bananamac: