7Th Heaven new box set

phaffas

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7th heaven actually have a cd released way back in 1990, not that far off from bon jovi. I wonder when iis this jukebox boxset coming out?

According to their newsletter, they have a few more songs to record, and expect the set to be out late August (I think that's optimistic).

I'm up for one, but it will all depend on the pricing...

-Dan

7th heaven actually have a cd released way back in 1990, not that far off from bon jovi.

Really? Do you have some more info on this? What type of production are we speaking of? Anyone got some MP3s I can hear?

7th heaven actually have a cd released way back in 1990, not that far off from bon jovi.

Really? Do you have some more info on this? What type of production are we speaking of? Anyone got some MP3s I can hear?

If you check out 7th heaven's website & look through what they got upto back in 1990 you'll see what the cd looks like & the songs on it.

All those songs will now be on the boxset. The production on thier cd is great!

I hope this is not going to be a digibook holding 200 CD's .... ! :lol:

The quality of the ones for "Silver" and "U.S.A. ..." is crap.

Agreed, I don't mind digipacks but the 7th Heaven ones are shit. I hope they just stick with jewel cases.

Agreed, I don't mind digipacks but the 7th Heaven ones are shit. I hope they just stick with jewel cases.

Extremely unlikely.

That many jewel cases will drive up the weight of the box set considerably, even if they are slimline or multi-CD jewel cases.

If I were a betting man, I'd guess individual cardboard sleeves or multi-CD digipaks.

-Dan

Extremely unlikely.

That many jewel cases will drive up the weight of the box set considerably, even if they are slimline or multi-CD jewel cases.

If I were a betting man, I'd guess individual cardboard sleeves or multi-CD digipaks.

-Dan

Very true Dan, 25 jewel cases would weigh a ton!

Agreed, the 7th Heavens digis are CRUD! The worst thing about this band is the great music, and the crappy way its packaged,.

• 3 weeks later...

Due for release on September 2.

There's a ton of songs from the Jukebox featured on the bands website, sounds like this will be an awesome collection of music to buy.

• 3 weeks later...

This should be available in a few days. Very exciting.

September 1st the site says...

Still no price or any other pertinant information however...

Hmmm .., yeah ..., I even sent them an email to get more information, but received no reply. Nothing. Strange ... :(

Well its out: $50 bucks for 15 cd's it says... I am very curious about this one.

7th heaven - Jukebox

15 CD's & 1 Demo Data DVD

More info on this product coming next week

7th heaven

"Jukebox" CD Boxset of 700 Recordings

$50.00

$10.00 Shipping

------------------------------------

$60.00 Total

Pay by Credit Card

Pay by Check:

Send $60.00

payable to 7th heaven

7th heaven

PO Box 66473

Chicago, IL 60666

If you order by Check

Please EMAIL US

to confirm your order

©2010

Produced, Engineered & Mixed by: Richard Hofherr for NTD World

Recorded at: NTD World

CD Design & Layout by: Richard Hofherr for NTD World

Management: NTD Management

Ehh? That doesn't compute. There's no way the number of songs they claim are in the set would fit on only 15 CDs.

And what happened to all the various options they said were going to be available?

I'm holding off for now until we get more information.

-Dan

PRESS RELEASE - 7th heaven releases 700 song Jukebox

7th heaven releases "Jukebox"

Jukebox is a MASSIVE 700 all-original song box-set of songs we have written, recorded and/or played in the 25 years 7th heaven has been around. This box set is a great musical journey thru different styles of music. We do not think there has been another band to date that has released this many originals at one time. This could break a world record! Jukebox has a bunch of guest singers as well as featuring your favorite members. All songs have been written by at least one member of 7th heaven in the 25 year history. Some songs are brand new, some are older but had never been released and there is even a couple versions of songs, as well as early demos.

The CD Box-set is available to order on www.7thheavenband.com

Direct Link to Page - http://www.7thheavenband.com/pages/store/jukebox.html

This product comes in a software box of 15 CD's and 1 Demo Data DVD of MP3's of early recordings and b-sides never released before.

The price of this product is $50 with $10 for shipping Worldwide.

This product will be available in 5 formats;

• 1 - A box set of 15 traditional CD's. The box set contains a bonus disk of the original MP3's of demos as they were written and recorded over the last 25 years. This bonus data disk is only available in the full CD box-set. (Available now)

• 2 - A data DVD with all the songs as MP3's. (Coming Soon)

• 3 - A flash drive with all the songs as MP3's. (Coming Soon)

• 4 - The internet: i-Tunes, Amazon, NTD Records store and 7thheavenband.com. (Coming Soon)

• 5 - A limited edition Apple iPod with the entire catalog on it. (Coming Soon)

Look for a complete listing of all songs on our website with full production notes and credits, as

well as writing credits, who is performing on each track, all the lyrics to every song. This section of the website will be done this fall.

Thanks for all your continued support.

We love playing and as long as you keep coming out to see us play, we'll continue to be there.

Richard Hofherr

7th heaven

www.7thheavenband.com

Ok, I just got this from the band:

the box is a cardboard printed box with print all over it

inside is a 12 page booklet of what songs are on what cd and some other stuff

all cd's are 4 color print on them - replicated in sleeves

the sleeves are in the box, ,kinda like how you buy software like apple i works or i life...

the 15 cd's have 18-21 tracks on each of them.. the last disc is a demo data dvd of mp3's

of old pracitces, original recordings, different versions of some of the same songs..

there are 700 different tracks.. about 500 different songs...

So by my math it looks like the actual CDs will contain about 270-300 songs.

I've ordered one for HH. I'll post pictures once I receive it (I'm only 2 hours south of Chicago, so it should get here pretty quick).

If this is made up of portions of songs, or a multimix type of thing, then no way in hell am i going anywhere near this. As you say Dan, no way can you get anywhere near 700 tracks on 15 discs, so I reckon that the cd's will take up about 250 songs, so the other 450 are on the data dvd? or as you say, there aren't 700 songs on here. These will obviously all be in cardboard slip cases aswell, no mention of a booklet or anything to go with it. I will sit and see what is really on offer before I decide.

the sleeves are in the box, ,kinda like how you buy software like apple i works or i life...

the 15 cd's have 18-21 tracks on each of them.. the last disc is a demo data dvd of mp3's

of old pracitces, original recordings, different versions of some of the same songs..

I've ordered one for HH. I'll post pictures once I receive it (I'm only 2 hours south of Chicago, so it should get here pretty quick).

Thanks for the info, Dan ! :drink: I guess I will order a copy myself. 10$ for shipping to Germany is a fair deal, imo.

Thanx Dan, a little clearer now.

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine today. All I can say is that my recommendation would be to hold off on buying it. If they offer the mp3/single-DVD versions at a lower price, I would go that route. This is easily the skimpiest packaging I have ever seen in a "boxed set" (and I use the term loosely). It's not worth a premium over an electronic version.

When they said the CDs would be "replicated in sleeves" I assumed they meant cardboard LP sleeves like you get promos in. Nope. They're just white paper sleeves that you can buy for a nickel apiece. The art on the discs is identical for all CDs, the only difference being the disc number. At the very least they could have put different album covers or band pics on each of the CDs, SOMETHING for a bit of variety.

The whole thing feels cheap.

I'm sure I'll enjoy listening to all the music, but a bit more effort should have been put into this.

The packaging gets a solid "F" in my book.

-Dan